OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

The statement is a bit cringeworthy unfortunately. Acknowledging Blackpool, mentioning stuff Mick McCarthy said in the press and adding the melodramatic final sentence was unnecessary and small-time. A simple "a bid was received and rejected and he'll be staying" would have sufficed.

I'm glad he's staying but I never thought Blackpool were a serious threat anyway.

Cammy Logan rumoured to be heading to QOS on loan Jambos, any thoughts?

Bit surprised he's being recalled from one L1 side to head back out to another ... his level or good enough for the Championship?

Thought Kio done pretty well. Scrappy game but competed well and was solid, nowhere near as bad as he's made out but I guess Hearts fans always need a scapegoat (that's not aimed at PA). Smith I'd like to have seen get a few more appearances but if he's only going to get the odd appearance here or there he's better going somewhere where he can play every week, much better for him in the long term.

15 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Cammy Logan rumoured to be heading to QOS on loan Jambos, any thoughts?

Bit surprised he's being recalled from one L1 side to head back out to another ... his level or good enough for the Championship?

Never really seen much of him for the first team, I know he was highly rated at one point and has done reasonably well on his loans but he's never came back and threatened the first team really. Hope he does well though.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Thought Kio done pretty well. Scrappy game but competed well and was solid, nowhere near as bad as he's made out but I guess Hearts fans always need a scapegoat (that's not aimed at PA). Smith I'd like to have seen get a few more appearances but if he's only going to get the odd appearance here or there he's better going somewhere where he can play every week, much better for him in the long term.

Kio is dreadful. He's the midfield Joel Pereira: somehow manages to find a way to let the ball go through him as if he's not even there when he "challenges" for it. 

Edited by SEETHING

30 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I just think Connor Smith is a player - you know that he will add energy to the midfield - especially if Devlin is missing - Kio is ok, but the one thing he won't add is energy and zip. 

The move to Hamilton will probably be good for Smith, but yet another loan move might scunner him - I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith end up at somewhere like Livi - I think he'd do well under Martindale especially. 

56 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Kio is dreadful. He's the midfield Joel Pereira: somehow manages to find a way to let the ball go through him as if he's not even there when he "challenges" for it. 

Have to agree to disagree on that. I think it's a myth that he's shite or weak.  But doubt I'll change your mind on that.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Have to agree to disagree on that. I think it's a myth that he's shite or weak.  But doubt I'll change your mind on that.

I agree. He is far from shite imo. He was one of our better performers against Livi too. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

I don't think Kio is disastrously bad, I just don't really get what he's supposed to be good at. To me he looks slow, he isn't strong in the tackle and he usually plays it safe to varying  success. I think the intent was to get an upgraded Peter Haring, but Haring looks a much better player on the evidence I've seen so far.

Contrast with Grant who is also in the "jury's out" category but clearly has attributes which suggest he might fill a useful role in the team. I don't see that with Kio yet.

One thing that concerned me when we signed him was a post on his previous club's forum about his form taking a significant dip after getting COVID. Possible that he's just not the same player we scouted.

He'll be here til the end of the season I'm sure, but unless there's a pretty big improvement I'd be looking to punt him back to Netherlands/Germany.

16 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Apparently the recall option on Humphrys expired on 14th January, according to Ewan Murray. Good news, I like that boy.

Confirmed by Neilson. Great news. I was fearing a last minute recall given they seem to be desperately chucking money around.

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Confirmed by Neilson. Great news. I was fearing a last minute recall given they seem to be desperately chucking money around.

Very good news. Given the option expired on January 14 you'd have thought Robbie could've said something though! Stop everyone panicking.