OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Also, is it just me or are we looking forward to going to Ibrox next week?

It's always fun getting out on the bevvy in Glasgow, but usually going to the game at Ibrox or Parkhead is the low-point in a good day out and feels like a bit of a chore.

For all that we're perfectly capable of taking a pasting, I'm genuinely curious to see how we do and how we approach it. Not a fan of the "free hit" patter, but with the gap we have built to fourth, I don't think there's any reason to not just go there and out and out try to win the game. I absolutely do not believe we are going to finish top two, but I think we should be aiming to not regret anything if one of the Old Firm have a ludicrous implosion.

To be fair to Naismith, his Ibrox and Parkhead visits have been good so far.

I think I'm looking forward to it. I don't know what to make of this.

I am looking forward to it.  rangers for me are a better team than Celtic atm and on nearly as good a run as us, but they're not terrifying going forward and we can definitely cause them problems.  We didn't really get to grips with them in midfield the last couple of games but Sima did a lot of the damage and I think you can play round Lundstram.

4 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Joint best form team in Europe along with Inter. Who we'd shag bandy.

All the more reason to get behind Atletico Madrid 

They’ve already put Real Madrid in the large folder labelled “worse derby record than the JTs” where they belong

they can put Inter’s undefeated streak to bed on Tuesday 

14 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

All the more reason to get behind Atletico Madrid 

They’ve already put Real Madrid in the large folder labelled “worse derby record than the JTs” where they belong

they can put Inter’s undefeated streak to bed on Tuesday 

On the pastaecappuccino forum the Inter fans are praying we don't turn up and skelp Rangers next week.

They're rattled.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We're actually bang on target to match out 74 points of 2005-06. Doubt we'll get it, as we'll probably slow down in the top 6 or if we get third wrapped up and stay in the cup. In that case, I think we'll see a slow-down similar to the downing of tools in spring of 21-22.

But, what a season.

I saw this stat earlier and it made me think we had a much better end to that league season than I'd remembered.

Other than the obvious reason - don't  employ a convicted sex offender - Rix was a disaster of a head coach.

It's also a reason to hold Valdas Ivanauskas in some esteem. That and he rattled f**k out of the back of the main stand after a poor home performance (I think we actually won). Bit of a cult hero in my eyes.

I’m counting 10 games we failed to win. Celtic failed to win 7 and Rangers 5. Win the next 3 and we are competing for a Champions League spot.

Yes. I know we can lose the next 3 but looking down at where Hibs are and comparing ourselves to them, I am not interested in doing that just now because I am looking up to see who we can catch. 

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Hearts play Rangers and Celtic in the next couple of weeks. Only 11 points off top. On an amazing run since losing at Pittodrie. Dare you dream?

Were we to win our next three, I expect we'll start to fancy winning the Champions League, never mind qualifying.

Unlikely to happen, but until it doesn't, it might. Might as well enjoy it for now.

Edited by VincentGuerin

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Hearts play Rangers and Celtic in the next couple of weeks. Only 11 points off top. On an amazing run since losing at Pittodrie. Dare you dream?

Do we f**k.

I'm loving this run - it's such a strange feeling to be consistently leaving Tynecastle looking forward to watching Sportscene later - but if we get a draw against each OF team (and a win over Hibs, of course) I will be beyond delighted. We are a very decent side, but perhaps not quite as good as the winning run suggests.

I remain convinced that Clark should be dropped for Gordon, for a start. The man gives me the fear at any high ball.

3 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Do we f**k.

I'm loving this run - it's such a strange feeling to be consistently leaving Tynecastle looking forward to watching Sportscene later - but if we get a draw against each OF team (and a win over Hibs, of course) I will be beyond delighted. We are a very decent side, but perhaps not quite as good as the winning run suggests.

I remain convinced that Clark should be dropped for Gordon, for a start. The man gives me the fear at any high ball.

Aye. Clark still doesn't convince. And it is true that results are better than performances. Can't really criticise that, but, as me and some mates were discussing after Airdrie, you really wouldn't be stunned and shocked if we suddenly went on a run of not winning.

That said, there are certain things about this team that are now clear patterns. We don't lose many goals, we have strong second halves, we now tend to have a decent bench. There's annoyingly little to complain about.

The next three is a funny thing. Obviously Hibs is always a big game so we lump it in with the OF games around it, but the reality is that's a home game against a team in the bottom six. We should be looking at that as a banker, imo. Get out there and fucking scud them with the disrespect they deserve.

21 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'm researching next season's Champions League format already

The final's in Munich, which is fitting as that's where the Champions' League final was the day of the 5-1.

So, it seems written in the stars etc that Craig Gordon is hoisting the trophy in Munich on May 31st next year. I'm booking th Monday off.

• 2 weeks later...

Spent much of this morning with various group chats buzzing to get people tikets for the derby and the Celtic game on Sunday.

Before I say this, I generally find the ticket office to be very good to deal with and really helpful.

But two of our mates are sitting on 14 loyalty points and this renders them unable to buy tickets for either of these home games. It's fucking insane. One of the guys we go with has over 40 points but no ST and he can't legitimitely buy a ticket for the derby even though there seem to be some available on the exchange.

For the Hibs game, they haven't opened the ticket exchange to anyone other than Roseburn ST holders, which is just mad. And for the Celtic game they have imposed a 15 point LP limit, meaning a Hearts fan who has attended 14 home games in the last two years against the likes of Ross County, Killie etc cannot buy a ticket. There are almost 600 left! 🤣

Hearts do a good job filling Tynecastle out, but you need to question some of the decision-making here. There'll be gaps in the crowd for both of these games simply because Hearts are making it unreasonably difficult to buy tickets. Surely for each game a 5 point limit would work, as this would exclude anyone who has only attended those fixtures in the last two years? 15 for Celtic is insane, and not even allowing a public sale (to LP holders) for the derby is beyond words.

You could even make a reasonable argument for the Celtic game being 6 or 7. As this would require a Celtic fan to have attended all of our home games with them in the last two years, plus bought for at least one more game in that period. I'd wager the number of such people being zero. f**k me, call it 8 if you want to be careful. But 15 is mad. It's exclusing people who have been to over half our recent home games, and is especially more mad as it excludes people who work Saturdays but could and would come to this game on a Sunday.

Looks like there'll be hundreds of empty seats behind the goal on Sunday, with all the resultant criticism from the OF's client journalists. Why are Hearts doing this?

Edited by VincentGuerin

Several of us emailed the Ticket Office today to explain the situation and ask if there was likely to be any change. We hoped that numbers highlighting the issue might make them see sense.

To their credit, we've all received a prompt (and evidently written by a real person) reply.

Long and short of it; yes there are tickets left for the derby, but no they will not be available to to anyone other than Roseburn ST holders.

It literally doesn't matter how many LPs you have, you can't buy a ticket for the game.

As for Celtic, no current plans to lower the 15-point limit, no explanation of the rationale for it.

Fucking madness. 🤣