OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Heard from a few people that they're going to be doing just this. Not sure if this is just a rumour going round in circles, but it would make sense.

I think we do need to keep tickets available for those who don't want/can't afford/can't commit to a season tiket. Folk shouldn't be cut out of seeing the team in those circumstances, but I'd be tempted to go up from where we are now.

I think the current cap is 15,600, so I reckon we could do another thousand?

I would have bought a PR ST, but only if I knew that the TE was going to come into being; brutally, that's not the way it went down

Can't make all the games because of work

10 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

A few harvesters no doubt got multiple briefs

Individuals can't buy multiples for their own accounts. You can buy for your network, but you don't benefit in points terms beyond your own ticket.

You can buy and not go. Away games you still get the points for that, but I don't think you do for homes.

Edited by VincentGuerin

5 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I think they should reduce the number of single game tickets.

I know there is more money in the single game tickets, but Hearts should look to accommodate as many Hearts fans wanting season tickets as possible.  Especially behind the goal in the Roseburn. Looked a bit shit  sitting empty on Sunday. 

I really disagree with this unfortunately. If penalises those who are fans but for whatever reason cannot commit to going every week either through circumstances or price.

I also feel it causes an issue with picking up future fans - how are kids going to get interested in being Hearts fans if it's almost impossible to go to Tynecastle?

As I've posted elsewhere, I think there should be a greater onus on ST holders who can't make it being obliged to put their ticket up on exchange or at least letting someone borrow so we don't have rakes of empty seats

7 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

As I've posted elsewhere, I think there should be a greater onus on ST holders who can't make it being obliged to put their ticket up on exchange or at least letting someone borrow so we don't have rakes of empty seats

This is an interesting thing. I can't decide what I think the right answer here is.

People buying a ST and then regularly not using it is poor form and I feel it should be cracked down on. But how?

There's the argument that they've bought it and it's up to them how they use it. Some folk will feel that way.

But then also, how do we fairly penalise people who leave their seat empty? How do we prove someone's car didn't break down on the way to the game? What if your train gets cancelled etc? What if you get seriously ill and miss the fitba for months but then recover and want to go back next season? Do we request a doctor's note? And we can't reward using the Ticket Exchange too much, or ST blocking becomes attractive.

I'm not really sure what we do.

Agree completely about getting kids in. We need to have walk-ups to allow new fans, fans who work shifts, folk who want to take their kid to their first game, folk who can only afford to go once every few months etc. They're all part of the club.

Edited by VincentGuerin

27 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Individuals can't buy multiples for their own accounts. You can buy for your network, but you don't benefit in points terms beyond your own ticket.

You can buy and not go. Away games you still get the points for that, but I don't think you do for homes.

I woke up at 12:30pm, precisely the KO time, for the last but one home game against our last opponents and never bothered to rush along after the early goal

Sure I still got point though; I'll look it up later 👍

7 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is an interesting thing. I can't decide what I think the right answer here is.

People buying a ST and then regularly not using it is poor form and I feel it should be cracked down on. But how?

There's the argument that they've bought it and it's up to them how they use it. Some folk will feel that way.

But then also, how do we fairly penalise people who leave their seat empty? How do we prove someone's car didn't break down on the way to the game? What if your train gets cancelled etc? What if you get seriously ill and miss the fitba for months but then recover and want to go back next season? Do we request a doctor's note? And we can't reward using the Ticket Exchange too much, or ST blocking becomes attractive.

Agree completely about getting kids in. We need to have walk-ups to allow new fans, fans who work shifts, folk who want to take their kid to their first game, folk who can only afford to go once every few months etc. They're all part of the club.

I buy a season ticket every year and would not expect to have the reason for any non attendance to be monitored and logged. If you pay for the seat it's yours to come and go as you please for that season. I still can't get my head round why Hearts won't sell tickets for available seats to their fans, as you have said happened on Sunday. 

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Well, some english clubs will take the ST away at EOS when people miss 5-10 games, but they don't have the TE, so that covers people with short-term issues like car trouble

Sure you're aware that you can only earn as much credit on the TE, such that your next ST is paid for, so a long illness would mean that you keep your ST, but either nominate a proxy, I suspect that'd be OK, or put it on the TE, maybe some combination of both

I agree ST holders should release their seat; mid Wheatfield seems bad for it; I suspect a lot of those live far away these days

-

Edited by Craigie Jambo

42 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I buy a season ticket every year and would not expect to have the reason for any non attendance to be monitored and logged. If you pay for the seat it's yours to come and go as you please for that season. I still can't get my head round why Hearts won't sell tickets for available seats to their fans, as you have said happened on Sunday. 

They don't want the trouble with people pretending they are Hearts fans and sitting in the Hearts end. It would be fine with most teams but some teams have fans that might cause a problem.

8 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I really disagree with this unfortunately. If penalises those who are fans but for whatever reason cannot commit to going every week either through circumstances or price.

I also feel it causes an issue with picking up future fans - how are kids going to get interested in being Hearts fans if it's almost impossible to go to Tynecastle?

If they could create un under 18's section of the ground that might help get young people in. Bottom of the Wheatfield or bottom of the main stand.

41 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Well, some english clubs will take the ST away at EOS when people miss 5-10 games, but they don't have the TE, so that covers people with short-term issues like car trouble

Sure you're aware that you can only earn as much credit on the TE, such that your next ST is paid for, so a long illness would mean that you keep your ST, but either nominate a proxy, I suspect that'd be OK, or put it on the TE, maybe some combination of both

I agree ST holders should release their seat; mid Wheatfield seems bad for it; I suspect a lot of those live far away these days

Yeah see that seems reasonable. Also who gets the money from it going on the TE - The club or the fan? I assumed it was the club in which case it's surely a no-brainer to encourage double selling of a ticket if the ST holder isn't going to use it? But @VincentGuerinimplied that people could sit on an ST and abuse the TE (sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick Vince)

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I understand your logic of "it's mine I paid for it", but I don't think that works in the modern world of sold out matches and minimal on the day briefs. 

12 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

If they could create un under 18's section of the ground that might help get young people in. Bottom of the Wheatfield or bottom of the main stand.

This isn't the worst shout! 

Fundamentally I'm approaching it for selfish reasons as someone who lives far away and would quite like to be able to easily attend matches with my old man on the odd occasion and be sat next to him rather than one behind the other and it's very dispiriting to go and see loads of empty seats (as invariably happens because it's only really possible in my experience to pick up tickets for matches against teams with smaller travelling support, which are also ones that ST holders are more likely to go "naw CBA wi' seeing us against that shite again"). 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Yeah see that seems reasonable. Also who gets the money from it going on the TE - The club or the fan? I assumed it was the club in which case it's surely a no-brainer to encourage double selling of a ticket if the ST holder isn't going to use it? But @VincentGuerinimplied that people could sit on an ST and abuse the TE (sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick Vince)

The fan gets half the money (Full Adult price IIRC) credited until next ST is paid for, then the Club gets the full price, like before the TE, when fans used to E-Mail the TO to release their seat

49 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

But @VincentGuerinimplied that people could sit on an ST and abuse the TE (sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick Vince)

Fundamentally I'm approaching it for selfish reasons as someone who lives far away and would quite like to be able to easily attend matches with my old man on the odd occasion and be sat next to him rather than one behind the other and it's very dispiriting to go and see loads of empty seats (as invariably happens because it's only really possible in my experience to pick up tickets for matches against teams with smaller travelling support, which are also ones that ST holders are more likely to go "naw CBA wi' seeing us against that shite again"). 🤷‍♂️

What I meant was that if we made it more attractive than now to use the TE (from the ST holder's perspective) then that's what would happen.

I don't think there's an easy fix for this.

I've also lived miles away for years, and for years when I was a sole holder my ST was held by a mate who lives literally a two-minute walk from Tynecastle and never misses a game. He handed it to me at the turnstyle like he's my dad. Means that mine has almost always been used, as even if I can't make it, my mate just rings round and someone got a free day at the fitba.

There won't be a perfect solution here. Pricing may be the answer to an extent. I think we're probably due a wee price rise, and it's finding that balance where it's reasonable for folk to attend, but not attractive to buy and not attend.

Me and most of my mates sit in a group, but one of the guys I know sits in the middle of the Main Stand. There are two seats next to him that are almost always empty. He says the same two people turn up once or twice a season, so it's clearly their ST seats, but it is seriously once or twice a season. I quite often go up and sit with him for a bit as it's always free. That kind of thing isn't on.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Maybe worth trying a 'reserve your seat' option which generates a bit of cash from non-regular attenders who  might be blocking ST sales - they get option to buy that seat for a period before it's released for sale every game.  

Guess it wouldn't be that hard to administer but the club like STs as they're guaranteed income so it would have to be priced at the right level

Apologies if this is how it works, I've just skimmed the debate, but could they not just give the season ticket holder some money if they give their seat up for a game?

Just rough maths and dont know what season ticket holders pay per game, but someone else pays £26 for a game, club gets £13, season ticket holder gets £13.

Seats already been paid for so club isnt out of pocket depending on the maths, while the season ticket holder gets something back for not being able to attend.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apologies if this is how it works, I've just skimmed the debate, but could they not just give the season ticket holder some money if they give their seat up for a game?

Just rough maths and dont know what season ticket holders pay per game, but someone else pays £26 for a game, club gets £13, season ticket holder gets £13.

Seats already been paid for so club isnt out of pocket depending on the maths, while the season ticket holder gets something back for not being able to attend.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/ticket-exchange-open-for-hibernian-h-roseburn-season-ticket-holders-only

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's basically what happens with the Ticket Exchange

Although it is a bit of a faff to sort out 

We're moving to having a digital season tickets on our phones from next season which might mean that the process is more streamlined 

I assume it's basically going to be the same as the solution that the SRU use at murrayfield

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

11 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Something like the Bradford systems might work.

From next season, season ticket holders must attend as many home games as possible. When a match is missed, the ticket-holder will receive a 'yellow card' and a culmination of four of these will result in losing the right to renew the season ticket in March 2024 for the 2024/25 football season.

Fans can transfer their season tickets to other supporters to attend the match in their place and avoid the warnings. If the ticket is listed on the official ticket exchange platform before 10 am on the day of the match and does not sell, the holder will also dodge the so-called yellow card.