OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

29 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Something like the Bradford systems might work.

From next season, season ticket holders must attend as many home games as possible. When a match is missed, the ticket-holder will receive a 'yellow card' and a culmination of four of these will result in losing the right to renew the season ticket in March 2024 for the 2024/25 football season.

Fans can transfer their season tickets to other supporters to attend the match in their place and avoid the warnings. If the ticket is listed on the official ticket exchange platform before 10 am on the day of the match and does not sell, the holder will also dodge the so-called yellow card.

I would hope that some allowance is made for those of us with variable health conditions for whom it's often a last minute decision.

1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

I would hope that some allowance is made for those of us with variable health conditions for whom it's often a last minute decision.

Yes, that seems fair. You can have until quarter past 10. 😉

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

Something like the Bradford systems might work.

From next season, season ticket holders must attend as many home games as possible. When a match is missed, the ticket-holder will receive a 'yellow card' and a culmination of four of these will result in losing the right to renew the season ticket in March 2024 for the 2024/25 football season.

Fans can transfer their season tickets to other supporters to attend the match in their place and avoid the warnings. If the ticket is listed on the official ticket exchange platform before 10 am on the day of the match and does not sell, the holder will also dodge the so-called yellow card.

I think it would be harsh to go down that route at the end of the day.

I miss some games because i coach grassroots football on a Sunday and have done for years and i'm sure there will be a lot of kids in the same boat, games on a Saturday and midweek are fine. Was a bit of a nightmare last season with all the Sunday games due to the conference league but that's the price of being successful.

Have had a season ticket with the kids for years so not sure that would be the best route for the club to go down, especially when the ticket exchange doesn't open for all the games. 

If a seat goes unused, then credit is deducted from the surplus generated by putting seats on the TE

How about that?

Don't know about it going into negative; yes, when it means that seats have to be put on TE to claw it back

But not as snide as adding on to the cost of renewal 👌

I think there is a notable group of Season ticket holders just don't use the ticket exchange system. I'm not sure how they could make it easier for some, perhaps through the introduction of a dedicated phone line for ticket exchange assistance, especially catering to those less tech savvy. 

If demand for season tickets is genuinely as high as some in the club claim, then I believe their is merit in ensuring that the limited number of season tickets available go to those that can attend the most games, or are prepared to make the effort to use ticket exchange when it's available. If the game doesn't go to ticket exchange then that's a free pass. 

It doesn't have to be quite as strict as the Bradford model, possibly the culmination of eight games missed in a season, without any effort to use ticket exchange(when available) or any special dispensation for health reasons, could result in losing the right to renew for the following season.

On 06/03/2024 at 11:18, Martin_T said:

Woke nonsense imo. We need to take a "survival of the fittest" approach to which fans to admit to Tynecastle, in the hope of improving the atmosphere.  

Happy “officially finishing above Aberdeen day”  everyone!

it was cancelled last year and I don’t think anyone expected it come in March this time but here we are

If We win the next two then Hibs would need a win at Ibrox to push our “finish above Hibs day” celebration into April 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Nathaniel Atkinson and Kye Rowley are in the Australian squad for WC qualifiers v Lebanon on Mar 21 & 26. Both games being played in Australia. Mar 21 at CommBank Stadium, Parramatta and the “away” game on Mar 26 at GIO Stadium, Canberra.

11 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Happy “officially finishing above Aberdeen day”  everyone!

it was cancelled last year and I don’t think anyone expected it come in March this time but here we are

If We win the next two then Hibs would need a win at Ibrox to push our “finish above Hibs day” celebration into April 

Was sweating a bit last night at the prospect of the gap being cut to just 18 points. But, well, Hibs.

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's that kind of nailbiting tension that makes sport worthwhile

On 04/03/2024 at 11:10, topcat(The most tip top) said:

With 9 games left we're now 13 points off 2nd and 13 points ahead of 4th so barring something truly amazing happening 3rd place appears inevitable the only question is when it becomes official

So in order to artificially inject some suspense into proceedings I'm going to pretend that having it wrapped up before the split is important

A draw in the upcoming Killie vs St Mirren fixture would help speed the process up but if we win the next four then it's job done regardless of what happens elsewhere. 

Adding to the nailbiting "will it be done by the split?" questions, I'm also now focusing on whether Hearts can extend our total points lead over Hibs since promotion to 40 points by the end of this season.

By my calculations we lead them by 37 points since coming back up. Personally, I'd love to see 50, but I've been harsh enough on Naismith at times, and a portion of the blame for the gap being so paltry must be laid at the door of his incompetent predecessor. So, 40 points, third wrapped up by the split, or Naismith out.

Then it moves on ti win the cup or Naismith out.

What a time to be alive.

Then it moves on to Naismith out because even though we've achieved all of the above I still don't like him.

Naismith out.

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Sir Craig Levein's St Johnstone side could still catch us but only on goal difference

So either  a point for us in Dingwall or Saints dropping points at Celtic Park would make them the fourth entry on the list 

It'll have to be a point in Dingwall, can't see them dropping points at Celtic