OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

On 31/05/2024 at 20:05, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

The return of Laptop would be a good story. Bring him back, give Cathro the job.

He apparently is on a sabbatical having not Joined Nuno at Forest when he returned from Saudi

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5474608/2024/05/07/ian-cathro-interview-scotland-football-hearts/

He’ll probably have another crack at head coach somewhere before long and may even do well but Sporting Director would seems to be playing into his weaknesses 

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

When will your pre contract signings get announced do you reckon?

Apparently we're exclusively unable to do so. Was supposed to be June 1st, then Friday past, now I assume we have to wait for our 4 new lads to get home from getting sleeve tattoos and making children with plastic horrors in Dubai to make an oh-so viral Twitter post liked by as many as 1.5k people. 

Sorry guys, I still hate football after yesterday.

That's James Penrice formally announced today. I expect Dhanda, Spittal and Fulton will follow this week before training starts (next week I think). 

The Costa Rica International RB Gerald Taylor appears likely to follow - though with him playing in the Copa America he'd not be likely to rock up at Tynecastle for some time......

Naismith says one further new player, unless we sell anyone where we'd be looking at replacements.

Ryan Fulton announced today. New 3rd choice goalkeeper signed from Hamilton Accies. This will allow both Harry Stone (to Ayr) and Liam McFarlane (last year's B team keeper) to both get loaned out. Zander Clark, Craig Gordon & Fulton will all be involved in European games with 2 goalies on the bench.

Allows for any injuries/suspensions for league games as Fulton can go on the bench. I still remember turning up at Pittodrie and wondering why Ian Baird was wearing the goalie top 😀.  Henry Smith took ill and with only 2 subs in those days no goalkeeper was included in the squad, which was normal practice back then. 

Edited by Alberto Spencer
edit for spelling

Not sure if anyone who posts on here is on the season ticket waiting list, but here's an update anyway.

Mate of mine joined the waiting list a year or so ago and has been waiting to see if he's going to get a call from Hearts this summer. Eventually went to the ticket office and was told he's number 3,200 and something on the list and had no chance whatsoever this summer. He's bought a Spartans season ticket instead. Next to no non-renewals this year and as a result pretty much no movement in the waiting list.

He didn't ask how many are on it in total, but if you joined in the last year you're probably quite high up on the list.

He did ask if looking for a single seat improved your chances and was told it could do, but generally people who are looking for group tickets are taking individual ones if it's all they can get. Long story short, if you've got a season ticket, keep it.

I'm on the waiting list, but I'm not really bothered as I have a Clyde season ticket and am a two-club c**t. I'd take a Hearts one if offered and go to both as often as the fixtures allow but am quite happy going to Clyde most weeks and the odd Hearts game with my mates when time allows. Unlikely to be a problem for a few years.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you think think there's a chance Craig Gordon moves this Summer?

Personally I'd say no - but I'm not Steven Naismith or Craig Gordon 😀.

As far as things look Zander Clark is 1st choice and will play league games (he's done nothing wrong since arriving) and Craig Gordon will play cup ties + probably European ties.  Ryan Fulton is 3rd choice (allowed two on the bench in Europe).  Harry Stone is on loan to Ayr and the club are looking to get Liam McFarlane (last year's B team goalie) out on loan higher up the pyramid.

Nothing in "stone" - as it only takes a pre-season injury - but that's how it looks UNLESS Craig himself asks to move, but he signed a new 1-year deal while Zander was in place as 1st choice.  Bottom line is some other club might approach Hearts and ask the question - so no one can be 100% certain (except a "certain" Craig Gordon!).

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I wouldn't have thought so.

3 minutes ago, Alberto Spencer said:

Personally I'd say no - but I'm not Steven Naismith or Craig Gordon 😀.

As far as things look Zander Clark is 1st choice and will play league games (he's done nothing wrong since arriving) and Craig Gordon will play cup ties + probably European ties.  Ryan Fulton is 3rd choice (allowed two on the bench in Europe).  Harry Stone is on loan to Ayr and the club are looking to get Liam McFarlane (last year's B team goalie) out on loan higher up the pyramid.

Nothing in "stone" - as it only takes a pre-season injury - but that's how it looks UNLESS Craig himself asks to move, but he signed a new 1-year deal while Zander was in place as 1st choice.  Bottom line is some other club might approach Hearts and ask the question - so no one can be 100% certain (except a "certain" Craig Gordon!).

Aye it doesnt feel likely to me but he kind of ticks a lot of boxes of what we need...

- Proven goalkeeper at this level (Mitov away left us with Rae and Sinclair, neither been first choice at this level before)

- Near the end of his career so one season as starter is ideal (Allows Rae/Sinclair time to adapt and ease into being first choice)

- Massively experienced player (we lost a lot this Summer and badly need a new leader)

I don't know if he'd be interested in being relegated to end his career though, or if we could remotely afford it even on loan.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye it doesnt feel likely to me but he kind of ticks a lot of boxes of what we need...

- Proven goalkeeper at this level (Mitov away left us with Rae and Sinclair, neither been first choice at this level before)

- Near the end of his career so one season as starter is ideal (Allows Rae/Sinclair time to adapt and ease into being first choice)

- Massively experienced player (we lost a lot this Summer and badly need a new leader)

I don't know if he'd be interested in being relegated to end his career though, or if we could remotely afford it even on loan.

f**k off he's ours.