OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

10 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'm maybe a hopeless optimist but I genuinely think a win would spark a bit of confidence and we have a run coming up where we could get points.

However, if we were to lose next week it's getting to the point you can't just keep letting him lose games. 

And when you do get your first win, maybe @SEETHING will magically reappear.

Didn't see the game, so no idea really. Just glad it's out the way and we can move on.

Baningime issue is infuriating. He's so important to us, but these utter choobs seem to have made a c**t of his fitness two years running. Criminal.

I don't think we need to win next week. A point at St Mirren is a good result in a long season. But we need to stop getting beat and we absolutely have to beat Ross County at Tynecastle in a couple of weeks.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't think we need to win next week. A point at St Mirren is a good result in a long season. But we need to stop getting beat and we absolutely have to beat Ross County at Tynecastle in a couple of weeks.

I think a point at St Mirren is normally a good result, but not on the back of this start. I think we need a win, or at least a point with a good performance where we've made chances and scored a goal or two. If it's another toothless performance he's in bother. Tynecastle will be horrible the week after if that happens and he's still in position.

Jambo!

If I was Mr Naismith I would be looking at starting your more attacking fullbacks, Salazar and Taylor, in your home games then subbing them after about 60-65 minutes for Penrice and Oyegoke - then doing the opposite for away games, starting with Penrice and Oyegoke, subbing them for Salazar and Taylor for the last half hour.  Keep them all fit and fresh.

I would also start Spittal (left) and Dhanda (right) in a box midfield for your home games, playing closest to the lone striker as part of a 3-4-2-1 system.

For away games, it would be 3-5-2 to start as per the weekend.  I would rest Shankland until your European games begin, and give Drammeh and Oda as much game time as possible.

Remember that Alex Ferguson never settled on his favourite team for any season until he had given everyone plenty of game time so he could assess each player's form.  Then from about late November it was continuity all the way to the end of the season.

Hearts and Aberdeen have good enough teams and squads now to challenge the OF - they just need to believe it themselves.

All the best!

It seems the Tony Bloom stuff is true then. Looks like an arrangement similar to USG's but I'll reserve judgement until we get more details.

Maybe partly explains Savage's departure and replacement with a less recruitment-focused SD.

8 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think a point at St Mirren is normally a good result, but not on the back of this start. I think we need a win, or at least a point with a good performance where we've made chances and scored a goal or two. If it's another toothless performance he's in bother. Tynecastle will be horrible the week after if that happens and he's still in position.

This is the kind of game I was on about a few weeks back when I was saying we'd need to be patient. The start to the season up until November is very rough and we're going to need to accept being miles off the pace.

That said, we've now got seven OF-free games on the bounce, with Aberdeen away post-Azerbaijian looking the only likely really tough one. A draw and good showing at St Mirren could set us up to get some points on the board in these games.

I completely get where you're coming from about the start impacting how this game is viewed, but a point there is a point there and could be very useful later on. Don't get me wrong, we should be going to win. But a point and a good performance could be a good springboard.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

It seems the Tony Bloom stuff is true then. Looks like an arrangement similar to USG's but I'll reserve judgement until we get more details.

Maybe partly explains Savage's departure and replacement with a less recruitment-focused SD.

Not for me at all. There's only one direction this kind of pish goes in.

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I await the revisionism in relation to our relationship with Bournemouth :lol: 

Absolutely none here.

What Hibs have done is shameful and I think it'll be a great thing for Scottish football if it fails.

From the sounds of this, it would be no better.

All the same things apply here as applied with Hibs. You need to ask the question "Why?", and I don't see any good answer.

19 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Absolutely none here.

What Hibs have done is shameful and I think it'll be a great thing for Scottish football if it fails.

From the sounds of this, it would be no better.

All the same things apply here as applied with Hibs. You need to ask the question "Why?", and I don't see any good answer.

Fair play mate, at least you are consistent. 

35 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I await the revisionism in relation to our relationship with Bournemouth :lol: 

Given that whatever form this potential deal takes the hearts support will have to vote on whether it goes through or not I’d be curious to hear what you think of the deal that Hibs took before casting my vote 

My worry is that the electorate will decide based on the last few results before the vote

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)