OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

17 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Dortmund are 3-0 down to Mainz which means that Leipzig’s point at home to Bremen will see them finish 4th ahead of Dortmund

2 early goals for Bologna in Napoli were enough to see them go 7 clear of Atalanta

Juve are now 4th but host already relegated Salernitana tomorrow with the chance to go above bologna

things are falling into place

Late to the show... what could this mean for Hearts?

Dislike RB Leipzig but have in-laws over in the East so would love a trip there though I guess from your post that RBL will be in Champs League?

18 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Late to the show... what could this mean for Hearts?

Dislike RB Leipzig but have in-laws over in the East so would love a trip there though I guess from your post that RBL will be in Champs League?

There’s a few possible combinations of events that would see hearts upgraded from the Europa league playoff so we qualify direct for the group stage 

Dortmund need to win the champions league but not finish in the top four of the bundesliga

theyve now fulfilef the easier part of that

We also need Atalanta do do something similar with Serie A and the Europa league but they’re also in the Italian cup final so it’s more complicated 

6 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

His quotes certainly seem like someone who is sticking around. Fucking great news if true. He makes such a huge difference to the team.

Interesting to hear Donaldson saying this week that we've offered Shankland a package worth £14k a week. Certainly seems to be money available, and we're building from a position of strength just now. Keeping Beni would be a really good step.

We could have a good team next season.

He's been a big part of our upturn this season and he'll be particularly useful in Europe if he can stay fit for those games this time. 

Looking at everyone under contract and the pre-contracts coming in, it would also put us in the position where we've already got a stronger squad going into the window than we've finished this season with. Nobody is long-term injured (yet), nobody of value is leaving for free, and we've got millions coming in from Europe. Fantastic.

17 minutes ago, DC92 said:

He's been a big part of our upturn this season and he'll be particularly useful in Europe if he can stay fit for those games this time. 

Looking at everyone under contract and the pre-contracts coming in, it would also put us in the position where we've already got a stronger squad going into the window than we've finished this season with. Nobody is long-term injured (yet), nobody of value is leaving for free, and we've got millions coming in from Europe. Fantastic.

I'd say that so far we are ROMPING the Pre-Season Cup.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There’s a few possible combinations of events that would see hearts upgraded from the Europa league playoff so we qualify direct for the group stage 

Dortmund need to win the champions league but not finish in the top four of the bundesliga

theyve now fulfilef the easier part of that

We also need Atalanta do do something similar with Serie A and the Europa league but they’re also in the Italian cup final so it’s more complicated

Atalanta schooling Roma at home, 2-0 up at the 40 minute mark right now, which would seal 5th, if it stays

-

Edited by Craigie Jambo

20 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Atalanta schooling Roma at home, 2-0 up at the 40 minute mark right now, which would seal 5th, if it stays

-

There’s two more rounds of fixtures left to be played in Serie A so nothing gets settled tonight 

But it’s good news nonetheless 

Posted (edited)
On 12/05/2024 at 20:49, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There’s two more rounds of fixtures left to be played in Serie A so nothing gets settled tonight 

But it’s good news nonetheless

I sit corrected; getting my Serie A's and Bundesliga's mixed up 🫠

On 12/05/2024 at 21:30, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Roma have pulled back a penalty but Atalanta are still 2-1 ahead in the closing stages 

Juventus somehow drew at home to salernitana The italian equivalent to Livingston so they’ve dropped to 4th behind Bologna on goal difference

It was a disgusting bullshit penalty that knocked Atalanta back for a while, they were rampant and as soon as I put a very modest amount on -3, the penalty was awarded within 10 bloody seconds

Ah, well, bookies money and still a home win

-

Edited by Craigie Jambo

9 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

I sit corrected; getting my Seria A's and Bundesliga's mixed up 🫠

It was a disgusting bullshit penalty that knocked Atalanta back for a while, they were rampant and as soon as I put a very modest amount on -3, the penalty was awarded within 10 bloody seconds

Ah, well, bookies money and still a home win

One of the most disgracefully soft penalties I’ve seen since I became an Atalanta die hard a few days ago

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

One of the most disgracefully soft penalties I’ve seen since I became an Atalanta die hard a few days ago

The links between our great clubs are so strong that they have chosen their colours based on our old away strip.

image.jpeg.73fd1add2cd1ea584a295ac9eb979d3a.jpeg

As have Dortmund.

image.jpeg.97de0deebdd444907592e24df7726db6.jpeg

What an Alliance of the Virtuous and Willing.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

The links between our great clubs are so strong that they have chosen their colours based on our old away strip.

image.jpeg.73fd1add2cd1ea584a295ac9eb979d3a.jpeg

As have Dortmund.

image.jpeg.97de0deebdd444907592e24df7726db6.jpeg

What an Alliance of the Virtuous and Willing.

Although if Atalanta look like making the top 4 we have to drop them like a stone and transfer to their final opponents Torino, Serie A’s best dressed team 

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Although if Atalanta look like making the top 4 we have to drop them like a stone and transfer to their final opponents Torino, Serie A’s best dressed team 

A(n) (un)breakable alliance that will stand the test of (at least a little bit of) time.

Ok so I'm just catching up after some time away....

I was ruminating last night and much as I like them I think Atkinson and possibly Devlin and Rowles are starting to plateau and should maybe go for some cash Man I sound like an entitled w****r. 

Anyway, I'd rather Conference League as we'd have more of a chance of winning matches and IIRC TV/participation money isn't massively different between the two, so getting a few wins against weaker teams is more financially favourable. Also, I'm not sure getting skelped ever week by better teams helps anyone's morale. It's easy to excuse it against a "glamour team" that everyone has heard of like Fiorentina, Valencia, or whomever, but going and getting beaten by Istanbul Bashekskahir and PAOK isn't a lot of fun 

58 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Ok so I'm just catching up after some time away....

I was ruminating last night and much as I like them I think Atkinson and possibly Devlin and Rowles are starting to plateau and should maybe go for some cash Man I sound like an entitled w****r. 

Anyway, I'd rather Conference League as we'd have more of a chance of winning matches and IIRC TV/participation money isn't massively different between the two, so getting a few wins against weaker teams is more financially favourable. Also, I'm not sure getting skelped ever week by better teams helps anyone's morale. It's easy to excuse it against a "glamour team" that everyone has heard of like Fiorentina, Valencia, or whomever, but going and getting beaten by Istanbul Bashekskahir and PAOK isn't a lot of fun 

I'm just liking the idea that we might tune in to the champions league final knowing the result would have a direct impact on Heart of Midlothian FC

It would lend the final some of the importance and relevance that it usually lacks

I think Atkinson is showing signs of prioritising Australia, his form for us waxes and wanes, I don't like it, he needs to be consistently at the top of his game; if not, we need 2 RB / RWB types

Rowles needs more development ideally, before selling, but if it gets crowded in there, with better, he should be cashed in on

Posted (edited)

1:55, lukaku tries to rotate to get the angle with his feet and body, to direct the ball goalwards; he's going down because of this as expected and gets the shot away before any contact

Not a pen, just like danilo at 0-0 in the LC Semi and I think eduoard in the collum, penalty for celtic big cup final, when we were leading 1-0

Edited by Craigie Jambo

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'm just liking the idea that we might tune in to the champions league final knowing the result would have a direct impact on Heart of Midlothian FC

It would lend the final some of the importance and relevance that it usually lacks

Am I getting confused here? From reading a post on here a couple of days ago, I took from it that both Dortmund and Atalanta have to win their respective European trophies, AND both have to not qualify for the Champions League through their domestic leagues for it to benefit Hearts. That’s why I don’t get the support for Atalanta as they presently in a Champions League spot in Serie A. What have I got wrong?

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Am I getting confused here? From reading a post on here a couple of days ago, I took from it that both Dortmund and Atalanta have to win their respective European trophies, AND both have to not qualify for the Champions League through their domestic leagues for it to benefit Hearts. That’s why I don’t get the support for Atalanta as they presently in a Champions League spot in Serie A. What have I got wrong?

Unless the twitter boy's got it wrong, the vacating of the EL spot is propagated further down the league and the Performance League spot is applied after the vacated EL spot, so it's best to visualise the Seria A table as normal, first of all, with the normal 4 CL spots

That's despite all the sites like Soccerway already showing the 5th CL spot for Germany and Italy, to whom the 2 PL spots were awarded

In short, Atalanta have to finish top 4, because those 4 spots are the Champion's League spots, else the EL spot gets vacated

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I honestly have no idea how it all works.

I'm just joining in enthusiastically.