OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

On 02/09/2024 at 10:01, DC92 said:

I get the feeling we won't see Nieuwenhof for a good while. It seems like an Aaron Hickey situation (also a hamstring) where he's constantly a few weeks away.

Now I see he's been left out of the European squad. Given the European games don't start for another month and go all the way up to Christmas, that is a worry. So much for being back after the international break.

Musa also left out. Given our lack of decent strikers that doesn't bode well for him.

10 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You can get good grand circle tickets for Scottish Opera's production of Don Pasquale by Donizetti at the Festival theatre for that money

And unlike at Parkhead the chip shop next door does salt and sauce

Couldn't do a whole show of that squeaky voice.

19 hours ago, DC92 said:

Now I see he's been left out of the European squad. Given the European games don't start for another month and go all the way up to Christmas, that is a worry. So much for being back after the international break.

Aye, this is a very worrying development.

11 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Couldn't do a whole show of that squeaky voice.

You're in Dublin so you'd having to pay a bit more for decent seats for Irish National Opera's Rigoletto which wouldn't be so bad but you'd end up with salt and vinegar on your chips because they're savages over there

23 hours ago, DC92 said:

Musa also left out. Given our lack of decent strikers that doesn't bode well for him.

It could be a worry, but it could also be that they don't want to include him and leave out someone fully fit and ready to go. Someone had to miss out anyway and if he could still be getting up to speed for the first few games it makes sense. Doesn't necessarily mean he's expected to be out for the whole period of the group.

That said, it is Hearts. 

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

It could be a worry, but it could also be that they don't want to include him and leave out someone fully fit and ready to go. Someone had to miss out anyway and if he could still be getting up to speed for the first few games it makes sense. Doesn't necessarily mean he's expected to be out for the whole period of the group.

That said, it is Hearts. 

Let's hope so, but I've had a bad feeling about his injury for a while. I think last we heard he was hoping to be back after the international break and this is another delay.

The fact he won't be involved in the European games is a disappointment in itself obviously. He was really coming onto a game before the injury and he's been missed since.

I've also given up on signing a striker and am at the "maybe Musa will come good???" stage of grief, so to see him miss out is another disappointment.

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

Let's hope so, but I've had a bad feeling about his injury for a while. I think last we heard he was hoping to be back after the international break and this is another delay.

The fact he won't be involved in the European games is a disappointment in itself obviously. He was really coming onto a game before the injury and he's been missed since.

I've also given up on signing a striker and am at the "maybe Musa will come good???" stage of grief, so to see him miss out is another disappointment.

He is back running. Hopefully it's being cautious rather than a set back. End of the day, same for Musa, someone had to miss out due to us not being able to name a full squad.

If we are looking for positivity, Beni is close to returning and played in a bounce match yesterday and Musa got 2 goals. Hopefully helps his confidence.  

On 07/09/2024 at 00:03, Tony Wonder said:

He is back running. Hopefully it's being cautious rather than a set back. End of the day, same for Musa, someone had to miss out due to us not being able to name a full squad.

If we are looking for positivity, Beni is close to returning and played in a bounce match yesterday and Musa got 2 goals. Hopefully helps his confidence.  

I don't get why we're not giving Musa a chance, we've literally nothing up top apart from Shanks and Vargas, who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo! 

I like Vargas - fast, direct, energetic, and quite aggressive - folk talk about the lack of an end product, but his is about as good as anyone else currently at the club, which isn't saying much.

Oda is Vargas without the aggression - always puts in a shift.

The coaching staff clearly don't rate Musa, but why not give him 20 minutes to run about tomorrow when the game is beyond us?

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Told ya! :whistle

Wasn't beyond us when he came on tbf, and he nearly scored.

Thought he looked lively, definitely enough to suggest he could be worth more minutes. He's also a bit of a unit.

Today wasn't that bad at all, quite a few positives. Beni, Halkett, Taylor all played well and we clearly haven't downed tools. 

Penalty decisions also dictate the game. Both going against you is shite, but when your luck's out it's out.

That said, it's another defeat. We need to win next week you feel or Naismith is in soapy.

Edited by Tony Wonder

21 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Thought he looked lively, definitely enough to suggest he could be worth more minutes. He's also a bit of a unit.

Today wasn't that bad at all, quite a few positives. Beni, Halkett, Taylor all played well and we clearly haven't downed tools. 

Penalty decisions also dictate the game. Both going against you is shite, but when your luck's out it's out.

That said, it's another defeat. We need to win next week you feel or Naismith is in soapy.

Aye, good to have another option up front in Musa.

Some positives to take from today's performance - he's not getting sacked this week, but there's very little margin for error now.

The Baningame thing is annoying me - good player, and should have been eased back in gently.

Just now, paranoid android said:

Aye, good to have another option up front in Musa.

Some positives to take from today's performance - he's not getting sacked this week, but there's very little margin for error now.

The Baningame thing is annoying me - good player, and should have been eased back in gently.

Yeah agreed. I know he was obviously looking decent, but he should've had a hard limit of an hour before coming off.

Hopefully it's not serious.

27 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hope you get a win.

20 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Hope you get a win.

I'm maybe a hopeless optimist but I genuinely think a win would spark a bit of confidence and we have a run coming up where we could get points.

However, if we were to lose next week it's getting to the point you can't just keep letting him lose games.