Conspiracy Theories

27 minutes ago, pj_puttz said:

Thor confirmed. That’s clearly Hawkeye sitting to his right.

Six fingered Venusian with no fingerprints, more like an Arbroathian. IMO.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/nov/24/jfk-revisited-through-the-looking-glass-review-oliver-stone-returns-to-the-grassy-knoll

A remarkably stupid hit piece from posh boy Bradshaw. No comments of course so I'll vent here.

"Could you with enough time undermine the case against Gavrilo Princip in Sarajevo in 1914?" Obviously not you absolute cretin.

"Kennedy was arguably as hawkish and reactionary on Vietnam as anyone else in government". You can only argue this if you are a moron Peter.

Edited by Detournement

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think you should read up on JFK's links to the Diem regime.

Aye JFK specifically said don't murder Diem and and the CIA did it anyway. 

JFK was inarguably less hawkish than LBJ and many other people in his adminstration. He made official plans for withdrawal that were scrapped when LBJ took office. 

Edited by Detournement

...which of course leads into the whole question of whether the CIA only organises coups outside the United States. I understand the Oliver Stone sort of narrative on this. All I am getting at is that JFK had been gung ho about supporting South Vietnam militarily prior to that as he had long been one of Diem's strongest supporters in an American context. Diem was part of the Roman Catholic minority who had collaborated with the French and by 1963 his regime had become problematic for those pursuing a Cold War related intervention based on the Domino Theory because it was actively anti-Buddhist and Buddhists were the majority in South Vietnam.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Ghislaine Maxwell's trial starts today.

There's only 4 victims giving evidence, former FBI director James Comey's daughter is the prosecutor and the judge has just been nominated for a promotion by Senate leader Chuck Schumer. The judge is also apparently friends with friends of Jeffrey Epstein. 

She's getting the El Chapo show trial treatment. 

On top of Bill Clinton's infamous regular jaunts on the Lolita Express, Epstein also visited the White House 17 times during Clinton's presidency. It's quite incredible how such facts remain almost completely ignored in the general media, treated at most like a curious, slightly embarrassing coincidence. 

I don't expect any Earth-shattering coverage from the Maxwell trial. I've done a fair bit of reading into the background of the whole operation, and it's no exaggeration to say it has changed the way I think about the world and the people who run it - and I didn't think too highly of them before either.

Just an unusually unhealthy bear standing on its hind legs as far as I can see. The idea that an eight foot tall primate has evaded scientific detection in the temperate rainforests of North America is one of the cryptozoology stories that I find very difficult to take seriously. If every other conceivable form of wildlife in that environment is showing up as roadkill or a wall mounted hunting trophy at some point why has Cleetus the Slack Jawed Yokel not run one over or shot one at some point over the last century?

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Far too big to be a man in a suit, bears don't have long arms, healthy or unhealthy. Plenty been run over/killed, CIA show up and people told to STFU you hit a bear.

What's the reasoning behind why the CIA would want to cover up bigfoot, are they supposed to be some kind of bioengineering superhuman experiment or something? I love a good conspiracy theory but have always had bigfoot in the Nessie category.