St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

If players have been going to pubs or house parties then they need booted right in the baws. 

Appreciate they still need lives and don't need to stay locked in the house but surely they're not fucking stupid enough to put not just themselves at risk but potentially whole clubs if the season was to get binned etc. 

Agreed; any player from any club going out to pubs at the weekend now really need to be brought to book by their clubs. It's an appalling disregard for the special dispensation the sport has been given and has ramifications not just for them and their families, but their teammates and their families, as well as the players of their upcoming opponent, in this case St Johnstone. 

Might not be the case of course, but you'd like to think all the clubs have their players under strict orders not to be going to pubs over these first few opening weeks at least. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not sure clubs can insist that players never leave the house.

Part of the original agreement to restart training was that players would self-isolate. No idea if that is still the case.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Part of the original agreement to restart training was that players would self-isolate. No idea if that is still the case.

Didn't realise that.

The reason the local lockdown hasn't affected the game so far is because of the 'sporting bubble' the players are considered to be in at the moment, so presumably it is still relevant.

Edited by Dons_1988

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No one is suggesting that but they also can't be putting themselves at risk to potentially catch it. 

Appreciate that can catch it without no fault of their own but if they've gone places that cannot follow the guidance correctly then it's beyond selfish. There's the existence of football clubs at stake. 

Single positive case isn't the be all and end all and could well be a false positive as well. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

From what I have seen of other testing in the UK a player is booted home and the rest carry on?  with continual testing it would take a significant outbreak for a team to be forced to cancel playing?  whatever happened to the Deportivo la Coruna game at the end of the Spanish season, was it finally played?

Edited by rainbowrising

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

So what are the chances of this being on then? Assume the player that tested positive tested positive whilst the whole squad were taking tests? If it’s only one positive test, assuming he wasn’t in contact with the rest of the squad, must be at least a chance. 

If the player was clean in previous test but positive today then surely it'll be off due to chance others have it too not not showing positive? Speculating though.

Some rumours online of more than 1 player being in soul bar together at the weekend too... 😬 Probably folk chatting shite though.  

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

But why are players putting themselves in the firing line in the first place? Even though they may not be able to stop them going out, I’m sure it was HEAVILY advised. You’d think they’d have the common sense to stay in anyway just in case...

1 minute ago, perthsaints99 said:

But why are players putting themselves in the firing line in the first place? Even though they may not be able to stop them going out, I’m sure it was HEAVILY advised. You’d think they’d have the common sense to stay in anyway just in case...

I think you're jumping to a few conclusions off of one player testing positive.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

OK I've seen something that suggests the player in question has been a c**t here, so feel free to pile in and discard my previous defence of them.

And feel free to disclose any such findings.

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

Looking at SFA guidelines for C19 it only states 14 day isolation if a player has symptoms, nothing else about socilaising other than maintaining safe distancing and so on.

Anyone with a brain can see Soul Bar had no safe distancing.

Plus it's amongst the worst bars in the city.