FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Going 11-1 so far this weekend with these lads. Top boys, the lot of them (even if there are at least 4 massive frauds in there)! Quite like that you can craft semi-useable teams out of all these objective players. Koundé is by far the best of these ones, followed by Gravenberch. The other two are somewhat disappointing, I must say.Screenshot_20201219-031323_Companion.jpeg

3 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Going 11-1 so far this weekend with these lads. Top boys, the lot of them (even if there are at least 4 massive frauds in there)! Quite like that you can craft semi-useable teams out of all these objective players. Koundé is by far the best of these ones, followed by Gravenberch. The other two are somewhat disappointing, I must say.Screenshot_20201219-031323_Companion.jpeg

2.7m and using a team like that. Fair play. Are you saving for anyone in particular? 

Same here. Same fir a period last week as well.

I take it week five bronze objectives are broken? Scored about twenty goals in friendlies tonight but apparently have scored the square root of zero going from the objectives page 
Y

10 hours ago, Wardy said:

2.7m and using a team like that. Fair play. Are you saving for anyone in particular? 

Not really, I had the usual suspects (Varane, RB Gimenez, Mendy, Ter Stegen, Neymar, RTTF Sanches) and decided to sell them all for the time being. A combination of being fed up using the same players against the same players and the fact the market is likely going to take a fair dip in the next two weeks ahead of TOTY. Ever since I started playing UT back in FIFA 13, my main joy has come from beating/competing against significantly better teams with cheap and lesser-used players, so it's good to get back to that (even if the last few years have placed an unreal emphasis on using specific players to be successful).  

54 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Not really, I had the usual suspects (Varane, RB Gimenez, Mendy, Ter Stegen, Neymar, RTTF Sanches) and decided to sell them all for the time being. A combination of being fed up using the same players against the same players and the fact the market is likely going to take a fair dip in the next two weeks ahead of TOTY. Ever since I started playing UT back in FIFA 13, my main joy has come from beating/competing against significantly better teams with cheap and lesser-used players, so it's good to get back to that (even if the last few years have placed an unreal emphasis on using specific players to be successful).  

Aye that’s fair enough I guess. I’ve got Van dijk and Kante sitting there tradeable but don’t want to sell them. 🤣 but I know that If I did, I’d still probably get to 14 wins with any team I play with. Looking forward to seeing how Socrates gets on this weekend...

33 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Aye that’s fair enough I guess. I’ve got Van dijk and Kante sitting there tradeable but don’t want to sell them. 🤣 but I know that If I did, I’d still probably get to 14 wins with any team I play with. Looking forward to seeing how Socrates gets on this weekend...

Keep them, you’ll never know what you’ve got until there gone. RIP TOTW Kante sweet prince 

18 minutes ago, thomas said:

Done Haaland and Traore sbc today to freshen up the squad. Really need to spend some time getting games in, got entry to the weekend league but not sure when I'll get the chance.

Screenshot_20201219-191856_Companion.jpg

inCollage_20201219_192010578.jpg

A Spanish Bundesliga manager would get you 8 chem on Adama if you’re arsed about it.

Edited by Sauzee#4

6-4 after the first 10 games of weekend league. This was after going 4-0... but hey ho. 

I can confirm that Socrates is pretty fun to use. Played 10, scored 9 and assisted 11. Don’t notice his low balance all that much, amazing passing, especially out to the wide CAMs in the 4231. Beckham at RAM has actually been ok, I swap him for Adama in the second half but he’s got a goal and 5 assists so far, including a lofted cross header in by Gabriel Jesus. 

My Red pick Son just scores goals out of nothing, Wee turns to get into space, or just brute force, his shooting is immaculate with the 5 star weak foot. 

Alex Telles I just can’t like, he’s only there to give Son 10 chemistry but wish I could just use Mendy. Varane may have to come in in order to give him that 10 chemistry but leaves Son on 8 (which is what he was on last weekend, but I’ve actually played better with him this week on 10, maybe in my head) 

BAC5CA20-52D1-4A3D-9539-E60A709C4A61.png

Now 15-8, so I will be leaving it there this weekend (at the very least). A timely and grim reminder of just why everyone uses the exact same players! That was absolutely unplayable tonight, have never felt as though a team was more useless in my puff. There is unfortunately no reward for trying to defend manually in FIFA any more (though that's been the case for a few years) - the only thing that reliably works is leaving your back four to the AI and running back to pressure with midfielders or attackers who are ahead of the ball, until someone gets into your box. Same issue of all the meta/high end players being comically sticky as well, which just makes it nigh on impossible to compete using an inferior team unless you're some distance better than your opponent. I hereby label every player in the team I proudly displayed last night a giant fraud, the only exception being Koundé I would say (but even he is miles off the level of a Varane).

Based on how fundamentally unenjoyable UT has once again become to play in the competitive modes, I really doubt I'll play much of them going forward. If any of you fine chaps would like some coins (PS4) then do get in touch and, in the spirit of festive good tidings, I'd be happy to redistribute some of my wealth to those who may use it to derive some fun and enjoyment from the game.

Gameplay was absolutely honking in rivals last night.  My particular favourite was the 2-0 loss where I’d had seven shots on target by halftime and was 1-0 down to my opponents only shot of the game. Played some silver lounge just for the hell of it and had a far more enjoyable time. 

Raul has turned out to be alright. He’ll cause me issues down the way, but for now he does alright until I bring on Alessandrini. Beckham on the other hand, is absolutely fucking useless.

Apart from the one blip a couple of weeks ago getting 14 wins for gold 3 (with one of the stronger teams I've had), I'm consistently getting gold 2 17 wins regardless of how good a team I use and I've experimented with that. Confirmation for me that it doesn't make a difference overall and just to use players you like.

Well, this was an exciting match! Despite having most of the ball I couldn’t get near his goals as he relied on an ultra defensive formation with the occasional counter attack. I didn’t get my first shot on goal until the 2nd half of extra time. Thankfully I won on penalties. 

30CC0A1C-E4C6-483B-AFB6-7C22037D0D68.jpeg

15 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Gameplay was absolutely honking in rivals last night.  My particular favourite was the 2-0 loss where I’d had seven shots on target by halftime and was 1-0 down to my opponents only shot of the game. Played some silver lounge just for the hell of it and had a far more enjoyable time. 

Raul has turned out to be alright. He’ll cause me issues down the way, but for now he does alright until I bring on Alessandrini. Beckham on the other hand, is absolutely fucking useless.

Just scored a volley with Socrates from a Beckham cross. He’s far from useless. 👌🏻😂

1 hour ago, robosaintee said:

Good news is that I was unbeaten in WL. The bad news is I only managed 5 games between Xmas shopping, watching the football and looking after my wee boy.

Will get a couple of games in before bed but silver 2 at best I think. 

I'm sitting on 5 wins but I don't have work tomorrow so i'm going to see how far I can go before I fall asleep at the controller.

One day I’ll maybe try and go for gold 2 or even gold 1 but today is not that day. 

Socrates has been genuinely brilliant, I know I mentioned it last night, but he was just superb again tonight, some of his shooting is just unreal from outside the box.

Genuinely don’t think folk know how to deal with Beckham either. Usually it’s pace hoors out wide (I mean I use Adama so pot kettle) but just using him at RAM is so unorthodox, I’ll just spray the ball with him inside, he’s still quickish for the one twos down the line, and if you’re patient enough you can still pick out someone in the box as his crossing is amazing. 

Completed Silver stars as well, the new player looks particularly good. 

92932E6A-DF0D-4434-BC0D-F4BC761C89B5.jpeg