FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Found this that suggests the next set should be tomorrow. I remember when the first batch released the loading screen did confirm the date of set 2, but can't find that anywhere. 

This is the first season I won't hit level 30 since I got FIFA 20, desire to play at an all time low. Will stick with friendlies for objectives players and stress free games, minimal squad battles for objectives & some packs to open each week and SBCs.

Screenshot_2021-03-25-12-17-16-484_com.android.chrome.png

1 hour ago, Dave said:

This is the first season I won't hit level 30 since I got FIFA 20, desire to play at an all time low. 

I'm the same, I will barely reach 30 provided I win one more game for Pastore, and score with a PL player for Giroud.  Unless next seasons are incredible (they won't be) there's no chance I'm going to level 30

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Will stick with friendlies for objectives players and stress free games, minimal squad battles for objectives & some packs to open each week and SBCs.

Stress free? In MM? No fucking chance. Sweatier than Weekend League.

I really hope they don't toss Icon Swaps into Managerial Masterpiece, as I couldn't handle that. Tried both a balanced squad with some 82s and 83s etc, and building a team of jobbers around CR7, and this has been a proper slog. Thing is, I don't even want Pastore, just thought it would be handy to have a spare 89 for SBCs. 

4 hours ago, Dave said:

Found this that suggests the next set should be tomorrow. I remember when the first batch released the loading screen did confirm the date of set 2, but can't find that anywhere. 

This is the first season I won't hit level 30 since I got FIFA 20, desire to play at an all time low. Will stick with friendlies for objectives players and stress free games, minimal squad battles for objectives & some packs to open each week and SBCs.

Screenshot_2021-03-25-12-17-16-484_com.android.chrome.png

I completed up to 30, mainly to get the De Sciglio right back card. He is really good for a free card and links perfectly with Cannavaro in defence.

Yeah this will be the second season in a row I’ve not got to 30. I think because I’ve managed to build like a decent end game team (until team of the season, but even then prime essien and Eto’o are similar level to TOTS anyway) so when I look at cards like Giroud, abs the league ones I’m just like meh, it’s not really worth the hassle. I’m up to 1m coins now anyway. So easy enough to pick up fodder through league SBC grinding and upgrade packs with little coin spend. 

11 hours ago, deej said:

Stress free? In MM? No fucking chance. Sweatier than Weekend League.

While I haven't played a WL yet I do know what you mean, some folk take it way too seriously and it is unbelievable. It's stress free for me because I'm not worried about the result, and I'm more than happy to help folks with objectives if they message me. I know I've moaned about this in the thread before and been burned by folk doing this, but I just can't help myself, it's the only way to try and stay remotely sane playing it. One thing's for certain though I will not have the fear of missing out for next year's ultimate team and I'll be waiting until it's on EA Play before picking it up.

7 hours ago, Dave said:

While I haven't played a WL yet I do know what you mean, some folk take it way too seriously and it is unbelievable. It's stress free for me because I'm not worried about the result, and I'm more than happy to help folks with objectives if they message me. I know I've moaned about this in the thread before and been burned by folk doing this, but I just can't help myself, it's the only way to try and stay remotely sane playing it. One thing's for certain though I will not have the fear of missing out for next year's ultimate team and I'll be waiting until it's on EA Play before picking it up.

Someone had the cheek to message me at half time asking to score with Zaha and he'd let me win. 

I was 5-0 up😄

Spoiler

Because I'm such a good guy I did let him score. 

Been saving a few packs this week for FUT Birthday, and in completing McGeady today I've happily hit 300 Live Friendly wins, so now have an extra Rare Players and Ultimate pack to add to the disappointment this evening.

Hoping for some random Bundesliga players, as this guy was one of my favourite cards last year

Spoiler

image.png.bcc5f92c6e1876375f7a2756295e276e.png

I'm totally talking to myself in this thread, but thinking of trying out an SPFL Past & Present team - any suggestions? Obvious ones are Tierney, Robertson, VVD. Got Dalglish and can go for that 86 Wanyama eventually. Moussa Dembele might come in handy too.

image.png.2926ddae3e6644e782d1fdc89c44ceec.png

1 hour ago, deej said:

I'm totally talking to myself in this thread, but thinking of trying out an SPFL Past & Present team - any suggestions? Obvious ones are Tierney, Robertson, VVD. Got Dalglish and can go for that 86 Wanyama eventually. Moussa Dembele might come in handy too.

Armstrongs 81 MOTM card is pretty good, relatively speaking.

1 hour ago, deej said:

image.png.2926ddae3e6644e782d1fdc89c44ceec.png

You could add Ian Wright (Celtic), Kasper Schmeichel (Falkirk), George Best (Hibs) and at a push John Barnes (ex-Celtic manager) and Steven Gerrard (Rangers Manager) .

I see matchmaking is working fine.

I'm currently 1/7 .. My last 4 games.

1-11

1-6

1-14

1-8

Big lol. Normally I'm 50% win rate, on a Friday.

Another moan, I know I packed a 6 million coin icon the other week. I saved 72 packs, which included 4 x Ultimate, 3 x Jumbo rare, Rare Megas, Mega's, All sorts of good packs. My best? 86 rated David Silva 4 times he popped lol.. Madness.

2 hours ago, TrebleTwenty said:

I see matchmaking is working fine.

I'm currently 1/7 .. My last 4 games.

1-11

1-6

1-14

1-8

Big lol. Normally I'm 50% win rate, on a Friday.

Another moan, I know I packed a 6 million coin icon the other week. I saved 72 packs, which included 4 x Ultimate, 3 x Jumbo rare, Rare Megas, Mega's, All sorts of good packs. My best? 86 rated David Silva 4 times he popped lol.. Madness.

Yeah I had 30 packs including 4 ultimates and 2 jumbo rares and I didn’t get a single promo card. Some high rated fodder to be fair though. So I completed Makelele. I’ll sell Kante now which I’m quite sad about as he’s literally been ever present but Makelele is a decent upgrade especially when it comes to passing. My teams actually pretty ridiculous now and only really high rated gods would get in now (apart from Lopes but keepers literally don’t matter) 

C988090C-D6C1-45C2-A30A-7E01E311501E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Yeah I had 30 packs including 4 ultimates and 2 jumbo rares and I didn’t get a single promo card. Some high rated fodder to be fair though. So I completed Makelele. I’ll sell Kante now which I’m quite sad about as he’s literally been ever present but Makelele is a decent upgrade especially when it comes to passing. My teams actually pretty ridiculous now and only really high rated gods would get in now (apart from Lopes but keepers literally don’t matter) 

C988090C-D6C1-45C2-A30A-7E01E311501E.jpeg

How is Makelele playing? He is deffo on my radar. I really do need some high rated fodder, might just clean my club out of the objectives cards, i'm at the point no point in keeping cards if they don't make my first 11 or subs. Only really holding on to them for the next batch of icon swaps.

15 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Armstrongs 81 MOTM card is pretty good, relatively speaking.

Cheers - I actually already have him for my Scotland team, so he'll go straight in.

15 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

You could add Ian Wright (Celtic), Kasper Schmeichel (Falkirk), George Best (Hibs) and at a push John Barnes (ex-Celtic manager) and Steven Gerrard (Rangers Manager) .

Good shouts, I'd forgotten about them

I initially opened 57 packs last night and got exactly 1 walkout! I then redeemed the Prime Gaming pack and in the player pick got Fut Birthday Hermoso. It doesn't really fit in my team though but can at least be used for an SBC later on.

10 hours ago, TrebleTwenty said:

How is Makelele playing? He is deffo on my radar. I really do need some high rated fodder, might just clean my club out of the objectives cards, i'm at the point no point in keeping cards if they don't make my first 11 or subs. Only really holding on to them for the next batch of icon swaps.

I’ve not played a game with him yet, will see how he plays this weekend. I just went all out and got Schmeichel with the rest of my fodder. Keeper for the rest of the game now probably. 

Ill have no squads left for icon swaps at this rate but may just get 7 tokens and take PIM Deco. 

Also got rewarded in the "loyalty" packs with PIM Overmars. Decided to look to see what I could put together from my severely stripped and mothballed club, and....meh. 

Sad when packing an icon is considered little more than "oh".

No icons for me but in the second loyalty pack (as they handed out the wrong ones last night) I pulled Kane Ederson and Muller for some decent fodder. Only had 15 packs saved and best I got last night was an 84 TOTW. 

Disappointed no icon swaps released yesterday but will grind them next weekend. They also increased the squad rating for Managerial Masterpiece to 79 and I didn't realise for my first 5 games last night... Was sitting there absolutely perplexed at coming up against multiple icons in teams while my best player was an 81.