FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Is that card not done in friendlies?

It is yeah, but it’s still skill based matchmaking from your rivals rank. So I was coming up against people in the lounge that were in Division 3 who were just clearly better than me. I was surprised I was able to do most of the objective bar those 2 wins. But I just couldn’t buy a win in like 6 games last night so just ended up relegating myself to division 5 to make it a bit easier for myself, which it was instantly.

Edited by Wardy

2 hours ago, thomas said:

Am I the only one enjoying this fifa? I seem to be a lot more competitive at it than I've ever been and finding games are fairly even. 

I am to be fair.

The best tactic is 442 with full backs and CMs both staying back when attacking. Spam firm passes into strikers feet.

I watched some pro or streamer talking about it (aye, one of them fannies). I tried it last night, I'm division 5 and I was winning games comfortably by three or four goals and promptly got promoted into div 4 and got £20,000 for it. 

Now whether it was the actual tactic or just in my head is a different matter but it felt like I was cruising games.

3 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

I am to be fair.

The best tactic is 442 with full backs and CMs both staying back when attacking. Spam firm passes into strikers feet.

I watched some pro or streamer talking about it (aye, one of them fannies). I tried it last night, I'm division 5 and I was winning games comfortably by three or four goals and promptly got promoted into div 4 and got £20,000 for it. 

Now whether it was the actual tactic or just in my head is a different matter but it felt like I was cruising games.

That might be successful, but, long term, that can't be fun?

20 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

That might be successful, but, long term, that can't be fun?

Its fun when you're winning and soring plenty of goals.

It's not a defensive as it sounds. You keep it on balanced defence and your team plays fairly high up, so quick defenders are a must. You'll actually find you have more possession, as a lot of players have their defence on drop back with 1 depth.

Am I the only one enjoying this fifa? I seem to be a lot more competitive at it than I've ever been and finding games are fairly even. 
I am really enjoying it. Got promoted to Division 5 which is higher than I ever got last year. Playing 433(2) and getting a lot of well matched games. Being able to skip past the celebrations reduces the seethe.

I'm also enjoying it, but I think I can feel the tide turning.  I've gone from Division 8 to Division 3, seemingly never losing, but the past few days I seem to have hit my ceiling.  Went back to the 20 feeling of not being able to get near my opponent, and in the last five games of Rivals I was getting easily beaten.  Probably needed one more win to secure Rank 1 and managed to scrape together a 4-2 win after being 2-0 down.  Then greeted afterwards by my transfer market getting unlocked on mobile.  Feels good to sit watching how bad the mobile app is when it comes to the market again.

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

It is yeah, but it’s still skill based matchmaking from your rivals rank. So I was coming up against people in the lounge that were in Division 3 who were just clearly better than me. I was surprised I was able to do most of the objective bar those 2 wins. But I just couldn’t buy a win in like 6 games last night so just ended up relegating myself to division 5 to make it a bit easier for myself, which it was instantly.

I just assumed friendlies would be pot luck, think I'd prefer that to be the case.

I think obviously the reasoning behind it is because if they are doing more objective based stuff in friendlies then it would obviously be better for us playing people at our own level (which is what rivals was with objective cards last year) 

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

I think obviously the reasoning behind it is because if they are doing more objective based stuff in friendlies then it would obviously be better for us playing people at our own level (which is what rivals was with objective cards last year) 

I think the real reason is if every mode is an absolute sweatfest it’ll drive more people to spend money on packs.

But hey, maybe I’m just a cynical c**t

This sounds like I'm very unlikely to be going for any friendly objective cards if it was a lottery then getting a couple of games against a poor player could help in hitting the objectives, at least in the rivals and SB objectives you still accumulate something towards weekly rewards.

Just snaked a boy an absolute belter in the Mukiele playlist. He messaged me asking if I would be up for some mutual back-scratching, to which I agreed, saying that I would let him win if he let me score as many goals as I please. Did all the tougher ones (assists with defenders/crosses/BL player goals) and gave him enough goals to get within one, before starting to play again and hold on for the win. Semi-apologetically sent him this afterwards, with no reply. Dicing with my karma ahead of tomorrow's rewards.

No description available.

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

Just snaked a boy an absolute belter in the Mukiele playlist. He messaged me asking if I would be up for some mutual back-scratching, to which I agreed, saying that I would let him win if he let me score as many goals as I please. Did all the tougher ones (assists with defenders/crosses/BL player goals) and gave him enough goals to get within one, before starting to play again and hold on for the win. Semi-apologetically sent him this afterwards, with no reply. Dicing with my karma ahead of tomorrow's rewards.

Probably couldn't reply as his controller would have been in pieces. To be fair that behaviour is everything that is wrong in Fifa I don't fully believe it's the game that's broken when people moan about it but rather the people playing that are, I think were all guilty of pulling some kind of bad fifa habits from time to time maby not to that extreme but a dodgy pause or watching replays of a sweaty goal nonsense that usually ends up with you muttering how shite the game is and this is the last year buying it.

3 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

May all your walkouts be João Moutinho. In Rivals I could accept that behaviour as part of the game, but in friendlies 😂 come on man. 

I quite like the way they've done friendlies this year, always enjoy playing with silver/bronze squads so hopefully this continues all year. Don't understand the concern about playing them, if you go 2-0 down just do what everyone else does and quit, games don't count to your record, contracts etc so just go and enjoy them. 

Hoping to do rulerbreaker Talisca from rewards, and also have my eye on IF Paulinho. Packed Lucas Moura while completing Fati and he's such an upgrade on Traore. Fati has also scored so many headers from corners, another sign of a broken game 😂. 422(2) in game, wingers told to stay wide & stay forward so I always have 4 on the counter attack.

Screenshot_20201029_001156_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.jpg

Clearly found my level in division 5. I’ll dish out the odd hammering, and the games I lose are tight affairs or something shitey happens Thats outwith my control. Rank 4 rewards Tmoro. Not amazing but hey I’m not mentally prepared to go back guns go into champs or that just yet. Still need 600 points to qualify, so I’ll chip away at that next week. I’m liking the look of Talisca as well to be honest. Same with Inaki Williams. I’ve got the coins to just go and do both right now, but I always hum and haw with SBCs. Especially if it’s more than one segment. Haha. 

I've had a couple of people now quit before the kick off. This appears to do nothing (no win / loss) apart from use a contract from each of my players.

Is this them trying to get relegated? Or just shit out of playing once seeing my team?