FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Anyone did Akinfenwa? Completed him last night. Was relatively easy, but had some sweats against me. (You still have to win I suppose) but there was one game where I went 3-0 up and just continued to play, but hoping he would quit, I ended up going behind 5-4 and just quit. That was actually after I had completed him, I just needed a further 2 wins for the premium gold pack (which had nothing in it....shock) 

My final game to get Akinfenwa was a bit easier though, guy basically let me score with Cantona, score a header then he proceeded to score some own goals and quit at 8-0. I never even asked him. 🤷‍♂️😂

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Anyone did Akinfenwa? Completed him last night. Was relatively easy, but had some sweats against me. (You still have to win I suppose) but there was one game where I went 3-0 up and just continued to play, but hoping he would quit, I ended up going behind 5-4 and just quit. That was actually after I had completed him, I just needed a further 2 wins for the premium gold pack (which had nothing in it....shock) 

My final game to get Akinfenwa was a bit easier though, guy basically let me score with Cantona, score a header then he proceeded to score some own goals and quit at 8-0. I never even asked him. 🤷‍♂️😂

I'm fundamentally opposed to him, because I'm a big boring counter-culture VL.

But seriously, I've ever seen the appeal.  Seems like just a banter player that people take way too far.  OMG ICON AKINFENWA HAHAHAHA HE'S BETTER THAN RONALDO HAHAHAHA 56567457 STRENGTH HAHAHAHA and we all roll around laughing until we all just give up.  

Although to be honest, I've skipped most of the silver stuff.  I'm getting more than enough playing FIFA just trying to get through 30 Rivals games a week, don't really want to then start going after objectives with a completely different team, knowing it's going to be fucking painful.  I'll save that pain for Icon Swaps.

Also good to see that EA continue to provide sterling service and quality control by releasing the Libertadores/Sudamericana SBCs...for about 10 minutes.  Ultimate group reward was wrong, and in that 10 minutes of course plenty did them, so it'll be fucking ages before they're back up once they pick through that mess.

I'm usually fairly defensive of development teams on issues, because I work in one myself, and I know it's usually way, way harder than people give credit for.  But I also know that if someone in my team was making as many public mistakes as EA have made even just in the life of 21, there would at least need to be something done about it.  Really poor.

15 minutes ago, forameus said:

Also good to see that EA continue to provide sterling service and quality control by releasing the Libertadores/Sudamericana SBCs...for about 10 minutes.  Ultimate group reward was wrong, and in that 10 minutes of course plenty did them, so it'll be fucking ages before they're back up once they pick through that mess.

I'm usually fairly defensive of development teams on issues, because I work in one myself, and I know it's usually way, way harder than people give credit for.  But I also know that if someone in my team was making as many public mistakes as EA have made even just in the life of 21, there would at least need to be something done about it.  Really poor.

Yeah and Untradable rewards as well which is shocking. For what cards are actually worth right now it really is a slap in the puss to folk like me who like grinding the SBCs for a profit (and ultimately build the club up as much as possible, with the hope of hitting something big to sell or to keep if useable) all they want us to do is buy Fifa points. The sooner this gets banned in every single country EA operates in the better it will be for rewards. Paying for something you don’t know the outcome of is still gambling, however you want to dress it up as. It would completely change the angle of how to play Ultimate team. Having said that though, I’m fine with the concept of the Fifa points, but if they were to get banned it would definitely give EA a kick up the arse to sort out rewards etc. 

Edited by Wardy

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Yeah and Untradable rewards as well which is shocking. For what cards are actually worth right now it really is a slap in the puss to folk like me who like grinding the SBCs for a profit (and ultimately build the club up as much as possible, with the hope of hitting something big to sell or to keep if useable) all they want us to do is buy Fifa points. The sooner this gets banned in every single country EA operates in the better it will be for rewards. Paying for something you don’t know the outcome of is still gambling, however you want to dress it up as. It would completely change the angle of how to play Ultimate team. Having said that though, I’m fine with the concept of the Fifa points, but if they were to get banned it would definitely give EA a kick up the arse to sort out rewards etc. 

I wouldn't be so sure of that.  At the moment EA have a license to print money essentially, doling out f**k all and reeling in millions upon millions.  If they're told they can't do that, they're not just going to hold their hands up and disappear off into the night.  If they do, that's not particularly good for the game either, as I could see them just shrugging and mothballing it.  Putting about as much effort into it as they do now, but knowing that there isn't really a profit to be made.

What I think is far more likely is that they'll find something else that'll make them their money.  For me, I think they'll just start plain offering out players for set amounts of money.  Essentially DLC.  Hard to argue that's illegal, people will flock to it, and it will undoubtedly make the game even fucking worse than it is now.

I get the problem with FIFA Points, and I know EA - like so many other companies like them - have no real interest in safeguarding anything other than their bottom line.  But I don't see this rosy world coming if they're widely banned.  Ijust see it getting worse.

I'm enjoying the silver objectives so far, helped by people quitting early in games. Going to try and push on with the Mollet objective this week.

On the other hand, whilst the weekend league is using up your Rivals games I'm barely touching Rivals now, except to complete Gold weekly objectives.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

21 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Exactly, hatrick last night, 7 goals in 10 games. What does he need to do!!!

European games don’t count towards team of the week but I get what you’re saying.

Jota is clearly just this year’s Ndombele

Edited by Sauzee#4

On 03/11/2020 at 11:52, forameus said:

For me, I think they'll just start plain offering out players for set amounts of money. 

As someone who's not bothered to buy this years game, and has no intention on doing so, I'm eagerly awaiting this day to see all the absolute weapons on Twitter boasting about spending £200 real pounds on a virtual version of Nick Pope as its going to help them complete objectives to get a special version of Joe Gomez.

Won a ridiculous 15 out of 16 games to complete Mollet with ease. Had Koscielny and Kimpembe at centreback and it seemed no one could be bothered playing against someone who was actually defending. 

They were all so desperate to get the ball to their loan Mbappe, reading their play was insanely easy.

Only time it’s really worth playing FUT champions is when they put the TOTS players in them. Don’t understand why they don’t just put promo ones in them (when the promo is on of course) Aye the packs and coins (depending on how many wins obviously) aren’t too bad, but the player picks have always been a bit meh. I should qualify for it quite soon tho. But I’ll hold off until I know I can play it at that time. 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As someone who's not bothered to buy this years game, and has no intention on doing so, I'm eagerly awaiting this day to see all the absolute weapons on Twitter boasting about spending £200 real pounds on a virtual version of Nick Pope as its going to help them complete objectives to get a special version of Joe Gomez.

It'll undoubtedly make the game worse, but people will be falling over themselves to hand EA the money for it.  

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

Only time it’s really worth playing FUT champions is when they put the TOTS players in them. Don’t understand why they don’t just put promo ones in them (when the promo is on of course) Aye the packs and coins (depending on how many wins obviously) aren’t too bad, but the player picks have always been a bit meh. I should qualify for it quite soon tho. But I’ll hold off until I know I can play it at that time. 

This.  I really don't see the point of WL if you're playing purely for rewards (which, let's face it, is most people).  You're playing on a really aggressive schedule, against people who will do everything they can to be a dick, and unless you're really, really good, you're playing for a few picks and a pick from the TOTW that seems increasingly pointless.

I'll probably play a fair few when TOTS comes around, but before that?  It just doesn't seem worth it to me, particularly when I can chuck my 30 games into Rivals and get way better packs than I'd manage had I played those 30 in WL.

To be fair, you can play 30 WL games and not touch Rivals and your combined rewards are pretty good. A good TOTW pick is just a bonus but even 82ish rated picks could become useful for first owner objectives later.

In my case, I have a PS5 preordered anyway so I'm happy to hammer Fifa just now as I'll be playing it far less in a few weeks.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Red picks Wilson and Gnabry.

TOTW Ziyech and Yaremchuk plus some 85/84 rated cards, Depay, Milinkovic-Savic, Schmeichel from reward packs which I will hold on to for future SBC's.

Starting to get a decent wee bank of cards I'll never use for SBCS;

86 x 2

85 x 7 

84 x 9

83 x 14