FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Just now, Wardy said:

Telling you lads, it’s just better having aw that pish disabled. 😂

Starting to agree now.  I never wanted to go down that route, as sometimes people having an absolute breakdown is funny.  But if we're getting to the point where I'm getting a warning for "abuse" just by responding, what's the fucking point?

On 07/11/2020 at 23:38, Wardy said:

Why did you have to start again? 

Some boy scored a kick off against me and then proceeded to play dropback. As soon as I equalised after dominating from there in he quit clearly for the sole reason of trying to cost me rivals points or whatever. Called him a pussy. Account perma banned :lol:

I am over it and we go again. Shame I’ll never have Inaki or Talisca back though...

735E4736-4653-4784-A6EF-E8C317E989D9.thumb.jpeg.e5a29c2abcaf4d65a0fe4f1285efff38.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Some boy scored a kick off against me and then proceeded to play dropback. As soon as I equalised after dominating from there in he quit clearly for the sole reason of trying to cost me rivals points or whatever. Called him a pussy. Account perma banned :lol:

I am over it and we go again. Shame I’ll never have Inaki or Talisca back though...

735E4736-4653-4784-A6EF-E8C317E989D9.thumb.jpeg.e5a29c2abcaf4d65a0fe4f1285efff38.jpeg

That’s outrageous. Why do these people exist? 

1 hour ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Irony being that him being a pussy got you banned.  

I do wonder how the process works.  If someone reports, do the transcripts actually get read by someone human who decides or is it auto-done?  I imagine it's the latter, which seems to be wide-open to abuse.  

Ha!  Just checked my messages app to see what I actually said, and that specific message got deleted.  Conversation went like this

"Need this last win"
*play about 30 mins, go 2-0 up, he quits*
"Good for you.  You still do."  (bit of a dick move, but if you're not even capable of asking nicely...
"hahahaha dont cry doesnt count on record"
"Something tells me that actually matters to you.  Like you say, don't cry"
"hahahaha with that team I bet you still finished below gold 1"
"hahahaha trash"

I then replied something along the lines of not playing weekend league, because I'm not good enough.  And if I'm not good enough, I'd be quite embarassed to not only lose to that, but to "quit like a little bitch" (I suspect that's what got me).  Then hinted that he's probably embarrassed by himself a lot.

I quite fancied a counter-report, but on writing it out, it just seems a bit pathetic.  Still, expect he'll be that same little bitch to someone else, then probably report them too.

6 hours ago, forameus said:

Irony being that him being a pussy got you banned.  

I do wonder how the process works.  If someone reports, do the transcripts actually get read by someone human who decides or is it auto-done?  I imagine it's the latter, which seems to be wide-open to abuse.  

Ha!  Just checked my messages app to see what I actually said, and that specific message got deleted.  Conversation went like this

"Need this last win"
*play about 30 mins, go 2-0 up, he quits*
"Good for you.  You still do."  (bit of a dick move, but if you're not even capable of asking nicely...
"hahahaha dont cry doesnt count on record"
"Something tells me that actually matters to you.  Like you say, don't cry"
"hahahaha with that team I bet you still finished below gold 1"
"hahahaha trash"

I then replied something along the lines of not playing weekend league, because I'm not good enough.  And if I'm not good enough, I'd be quite embarassed to not only lose to that, but to "quit like a little bitch" (I suspect that's what got me).  Then hinted that he's probably embarrassed by himself a lot.

I quite fancied a counter-report, but on writing it out, it just seems a bit pathetic.  Still, expect he'll be that same little bitch to someone else, then probably report them too.

Yeah I think the whole process is flawed to be honest. There is no room to appeal either which just lends in to your point about people abusing it.

Anyway, let me bless you all with this delightful 100k pack. One hundred thousand coins.

E4461797-65A1-4CEF-90CB-BE4C6174709E.thumb.jpeg.e7f81103e6f8d8b5e3079c6df9c7d629.jpeg

Sold my Renato Sanches IF yesterday amid the panic selling, anticipating that he would get an RTTF and that subsequently his price would remain the same or dip if said card came out. Was hot on the button at 6pm and his *82 rated* RTTF card is currently selling for 1.1m coins, with folk obviously panic-buying the IF card back causing it to rise right back up to pre-drop price. A shitemare, and despite how much I want it I'm not dropping 1m coins on a box-to-box midfielder (I don't even have that many available).

4 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

100k pack number two. Four 100k packs across two accounts and not a single fucking walkout

1F0D907A-D6F7-4D9F-B7C7-0D3CE3671F44.thumb.jpeg.935ac533e2b02c2e201d5a56ce76fd12.jpeg

Imagine this feeling after getting three diabolical player picks (from 5 options) and then three discard value IFs, having sweated vegetable oil through your pores to get Elite 3 the previous weekend. That's pretty much my Thursday mid-morning these days.

1 minute ago, the_bully_wee said:

Imagine this feeling after getting three diabolical player picks (from 5 options) and then three discard value IFs, having sweated vegetable oil through your pores to get Elite 3 the previous weekend. That's pretty much my Thursday mid-morning these days.

I don’t know why you do it to yourself in all honesty

40 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

I don’t know why you do it to yourself in all honesty

The only thing which makes it remotely do-able is committing to playing most games on a Sunday. When you do that, you're far more likely to be handed free wins/experience folk quitting early doors. I tend to get through about 15 matches in less than 3 hours on a Sunday. The difference between Gold 1 and Elite 3 rewards (in theory, anyway) makes it worth the extra bit of pain (again, in theory - come Thursday it all feels rather different). Dunno how long I'll be able to keep doing it for, as I'm already getting the ick due to the guff patches and woeful servers. If it wasn't for COVID, I'd hardly be touching it most weekends.

Would recommend that everyone does the Atal SBC. Really good value if you have some mid-rated untradeables kicking about, class for a Ligue 1 team or a very versatile supersub otherwise. It's unlikely that he'll get an upgrade but it's a right good card for a sub in most positions, and will be handy for any first owner objectives too. 

Competed Atal tonight and I’m now 6 wins from completing Mollet. Opened all those promo packs with coins but only packed a discard inform. It’s good that they are putting in plenty of objectives this year and I’ve found myself playing more friendlies than rivals this year. I’ve managed to qualify for Weekend league for the first time on Fifa 21, so I’ll give that a go this weekend. SBCs however ( especially just like daily ones) are severely lacking, especially in the middle of a promo. Even for a premium gold players pack or whatever, just something to open with some fodder you have to have a wee shot at the chance of a promo card. But of course it’s still all about the Fifa points. The way the Libertadores and Sudamericana league SBCs look this year, it doesn’t leave much hope for the main ones when they start to drop. Which is just pretty frustrating as I really enjoyed that part of the game last year. 

Don't remotely enjoy the direction EA are clearly pushing the game, but might be a blessing in disguise.  Past few weeks I've played my 30 RIvals games to push for top tier rewards, and in Division 3/4 that's quite a haul (which I get f**k all from but anyway), but this week after spending so long on that RTTF objective for a player I'll likely not use, I just can't be arsed grinding through that many games.  I think I might end up putting startlingly less time into the game as I did last year.  If I do manage to get a PS5, might punt it long-term.

On 10/11/2020 at 10:06, forameus said:

Starting to agree now.  I never wanted to go down that route, as sometimes people having an absolute breakdown is funny.  But if we're getting to the point where I'm getting a warning for "abuse" just by responding, what's the fucking point?

As soon as anyone messages you just report them. Get it up them. 😂

There’s a player I’ve been trading with a lot for the last few weeks, rare silver LB. Tonight it’s just went mental and he’s going for like 1.3k on bid when I was struggling to punt him for 700 (winning bids at 400) just yesterday. I’ve managed to pick up a few aiming to get nearer 2k for him now but his price has dropped quickly to 1.8k. Was quite happy with my stable investments, and now he’s clearly in an SBC solution or something. 😩

My pack weight on this new account is clearly even more rigged. Packed three walkouts in eight untradeable packs. De Gea, Keylor Navas and Szczesny. 

I think the only walkouts I’ve had so far on this account have been keepers. f**k knows what a board is anymore.

14 hours ago, #Gary said:

Very nice team of the week this week. Can't wait to get fucking Tavernier and El Younoussi in red picks 🙄

Nearly right... El Younoussi and Kruse best picks...

1 board in 11 packs (took untradeable) - Wan Bissaka

💩

I got to my last pack and saw the usual flare, expected nothing.  It was Varane untradeable.  Wow, great, that'll be a nice 300k as I replace the tradeable one I bought...

Oh no wait, he was the one La Liga player I had that was untradeable.  Great.  Makes him essentially worth around 10k as SBC fodder if I recover him from quick-sell.