Mighty Montrose FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Scorge said:

First look tonight - Hester seems in good touch although he was largely marked out of the game. Bit lightweight in the middle but that might just be lack of sharpness/familiarity. Gut feeling is the eventual first choice XI when it all shakes out will be a handy enough unit, but not sure how strong the depth will be.

I reckon just about every player that played tonight if they had to step up and cover for injury or suspension would be fine individually, if we relied on a number of them together for an extended period of time we’d be struggling.

14 hours ago, Aidan said:

I reckon just about every player that played tonight if they had to step up and cover for injury or suspension would be fine individually, if we relied on a number of them together for an extended period of time we’d be struggling.

This.

We can accommodate any of tonight's starters in our starting XI for an important match.  But a team of 5/6 newcomers is asking too much.

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I wasn't at the game today, but that is a decent result.

Played very well today compared to last night anyway.Only a pre-season friendly and nothing too get too carried away with but am sure the boys will have a good night out the night after that result.

25 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Played very well today compared to last night anyway.Only a pre-season friendly and nothing too get too carried away with but am sure the boys will have a good night out the night after that result.

Agreed. I don't really care too much about friendlies but it's reassuring to see that we're capable of scoring goals...

Once again thought Shrive was good today but such a notable difference having Terry Masson in the middle of the park today and it highlights that we’re probably still an option short on there. Maybe Liam will fill that gap but I’d be dubious about that.

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Has WIlliamson broken down with split ends yet? 

Nah, played a full game on Tuesday, a half on Friday and around an hour yesterday. I wasn’t there on Tuesday but made the other 2 games, he’s looked alright but still a noticeable downgrade in Ballantyne.

Guest Back Post Misses
32 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Nah, played a full game on Tuesday, a half on Friday and around an hour yesterday. I wasn’t there on Tuesday but made the other 2 games, he’s looked alright but still a noticeable downgrade in Ballantyne.

Amazed he has lasted that long tbh 

Have to admit absolute love the new kit after seeing it on the player's,didn't like it when I was sent a picture but completely different on great choice again from MFC.

Does anyone know when it's available to buy? 

3 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

I would hope they'd have shirts and other merch available at St.Mirren game.

I'm more worried about the lack of email confirming my season ticket, they've taken my first payment but no link sent for my digital ticket

I’m in the same boat, messaged the club on Thursday though and had an email back confirming my name was down at the gate for the friendly on Friday. Not ideal but it was probably quicker getting through than it ever was with them having to scan anything.

27 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

I’ve not been to any friendlies so far, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what position Kaisey Brown plays?

I was told he was a midfield player. Against Forfar, he seemed to play as a left sided wing back to begin with but he seemed to naturally drift inside a lot more than someone like Andrew Steeves would when playing there and he was definitely being talked through the game. 

We changed shape a bit and went to more of a back 4 with him pushing up 1 and looked more comfortable.