Mighty Montrose FC Thread

Was at Links Park today. Mo looked well organised, pressed the ball with intent and that partnership of Rory (target man with physicality and eye for goal) along with Hester's pace will flourish I'm sure. Gallagher and Dunne were terrified of Kane's runs in behind.

Can't believe McIntyre cost us Rory. Disgraceful

Masson tenacious. Dillon, for nearing 40, was outstanding at times. Kerr strengthens you further although Quinn did a job. Does look clumsy in the challenge at times. Craig Brown is developing well from what I saw today.

Feared you might get exposed at LB with Machedo coming on for Steeves but it didn't materialise. Former isn't a natural left back for me.

Mo deserving of the win and way ahead of Cove at this stage. All the best for Tuesday

Edited by CoveRangers1922

A good start today and although the League 1 is the most important I think we should try to make it a League Cup to remember. Last time we were in with a chance of going through to the knock-out stage we lost away at Forfar and that sodded it up. This time lets have a right go at Forfar in Tuesday, then Cowden on Saturday which means we should qualify even if we don't beat the Smokies but I think we can do that as well.

Mon the Mo - lets do it!

2 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

A good start today and although the League 1 is the most important I think we should try to make it a League Cup to remember. Last time we were in with a chance of going through to the knock-out stage we lost away at Forfar and that sodded it up. This time lets have a right go at Forfar in Tuesday, then Cowden on Saturday which means we should qualify even if we don't beat the Smokies but I think we can do that as well.

Mon the Mo - lets do it!

cOULD BE A HEAD TO HEAD WITH THE SMOKED HADDOCKS TO SEE WHO WINS THE GROUP.

I’ve been openly critical of Aidan Quinn based on what I’ve seen of him in pre season but just seen that he was given man of the match today and I’m glad he’s made me look like a dick.

9 hours ago, Aidan said:

I’ve been openly critical of Aidan Quinn based on what I’ve seen of him in pre season but just seen that he was given man of the match today and I’m glad he’s made me look like a dick.

He was good and it was the most settled I’ve seen the back line in Toni’s but my MOTM would have been Cammy Gill. He looks like an utter steal so far!

I've just randomly watched one of those player interviews that you do a lot on YouTube....deary me! it comes across like a used car salesman wandered in with a cameraman. 😬

Needed to stick on a lo-fi relaxing Spotify playlist to recover.

Edited by ScottishLoon

10 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

I've just randomly watched one of those player interviews that you do a lot on YouTube....deary me! it comes across like a used car salesman wandered in with a cameraman. 😬

Hard work isn’t it, every thing involved with their social media side is cheesy and cringey as f**k

12 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hard work isn’t it, every thing involved with their social media side is cheesy and cringey as f**k

Just watched a couple of videos after reading this, wow......that really is something!!

24 minutes ago, Eckieboy said:

Well that was disappointing. Forfar aren’t a good side, really tough to take after a great result on Saturday.

Better than that shite Montrose served up tonight. Schooled all over the park . 

23 minutes ago, Eckieboy said:

Well that was disappointing. Forfar aren’t a good side, really tough to take after a great result on Saturday.

Didn't need to be at their best tonight. Can only beat whats in front of you😂