COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

It all depends on when that photo was taken as well. If it was taken when Covid was on the wane it's not too bad. 

I'm clutching at straws for what seems an incredibly stupid thing to do. Watch us win tomorrow and then get docked 3 points on Monday.

Even with Covid "on the wane" it wasn't allowed for ~50 people from (presumably) ~50 different households to squeeze up as close as possible.

It's genuinely baffling that no one thought to say that they shouldn't be doing that, makes you wonder if they're actually following any of the guidance :lol:

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Well he does talk utter pish, on repeat.  Perhaps he should take the hint.  

I just like to comment when the clubs, and fans of those clubs, that didn't give a shit about us, Thistle and Stranraer at the start of the pandemic do something really stupid, get punished for it and then cry about it and refuse to take their medicine. Or when the SPFL and SFA do something very stupid and inconsistent with what they did back then.

To be fair I thought I'd get a couple of opportunities, but didn't expect it to be every week!

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
36 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:
Laying down to your Celtic pals that day. You must be so proud.

Aye Saints are so mighty that they had to "lay down" to enable Celtic to beat us. It's amazing Celtic have never beaten anyone else by that margin since the 80s . More salty snotters although not sure why in your case !

The only salty snotters here are you Saints fans greeting over your deserved punishment. Take your medicine and move on.

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Aye Saints are so mighty that they had to "lay down" to enable Celtic to beat us. It's amazing Celtic have never beaten anyone else by that margin since the 80s . More salty snotters although not sure why in your case !

Off topic, but that St Mirren side beat a very, very good D Utd (still going for the league themselves) the week before. Certainly tried that day. Their previous games vs Celtic were also very tight.

Anyhow, love how defensive St Mirren fans (and Frank McGravey) get about this. It tells a story. The ones that were there know full well what went down. And one day someone connected to St Mirren will go on record about it. 

Off topic, but that St Mirren side beat a very, very good D Utd (still going for the league themselves) the week before. Certainly tried that day. Their previous games vs Celtic were also very tight.
Anyhow, love how defensive St Mirren fans (and Frank McGravey) get about this. It tells a story. The ones that were there know full well what went down. And one day someone connected to St Mirren will go on record about it. 
f**k me it isn't half still hurting. I couldn't have told you who we played the week before or the result. Superb that it still gets to you guys this much. Made my night that has.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

f**k me it isn't half still hurting. I couldn't have told you who we played the week before or the result. Superb that it still gets to you guys this much. Made my night that has.

So you're commenting on it despite not even knowing the full story? It was a fantastic season no matter how it ended. When you get that close to the title you'll get it. Can't be long now, going by Tony Fitzpatrick's views on your chances.

11 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Celtic were 4-0 up at H/T , the Hearts players would have been told that. Yet they couldn't go back out in the 2nd half and manage to beat a team who were playing for nothing but pride. 

16 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Albert Kidd won the league for Celtic in 1986, not St Mirren. 

Loser.

Guest 8GamesToGo
14 minutes ago, billyg said:

Celtic were 4-0 up at H/T , the Hearts players would have been told that. Yet they couldn't go back out in the 2nd half and manage to beat a team who were playing for nothing but pride. 

Indeed. And Dundee were playing for a European spot by the way. St Mirren players were the ones playing for pride that day. And by pride I mean Celtic in some of their cases.

No doubt Hearts had it in our own hands. After beating D Utd the pressure started telling and we were wobbling along the last few games. Still reasonable to have expected all 4 teams to complete in the final games. How did you feel when your team took the title to the last day against all the odds? 

Guest 8GamesToGo
24 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

"They're all saying we were relegated again."

angry viral moments GIF

Shankland managed more Premiership goals in one season than Craig Halkett or Craig Wighton yet? He might just match Halkett's best total for Livi at his current rate.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Albert Kidd won the league for Celtic in 1986, not St Mirren. 

Loser.

We dropped a lot of points that year. May as well say anyone who scored in any of those games won it for Celtic, Peter Weir in the draw against Aberdeen a couple of weeks before for example. The difference is, in all the previous games every team gave their all, unlike St Mirren in their last game.

2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png I’ll let that slide. This is supposed to be a professional sport. St Mirren, Kilmarnock and now potentially, Dundee Utd, are deemed to have broken social distancing rules, while at their work. The same employment that allows social distancing to be broken as part of their employment. So if two players sit too close to each other on the team bus, that is a breach of the rules. If the same two players hold hands at a corner kick then that’s ok?

St Mirren and Kilmarnock weren't just 'deemed' to have broken the rules, they admitted to breaching then multiple times.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

We dropped a lot of points that year. May as well say anyone who scored in any of those games won it for Celtic, Peter Weir in the draw against Aberdeen a couple of weeks before for example. The difference is, in all the previous games every team gave their all, unlike St Mirren in their last game.

Not true. Hearts didn't give their all when they only beat a hopeless Clydebank 1-0 when they were expected to win by 5, 6, or 7. Goal difference mattered that season and Hearts relaxed a week or so too early.

Hearts were in control of their own destiny that season and your players blew it. Boom !!! You can't rewrite history, no matter how much you'd like to. Hearts supporters choose to see things differently to suit their own narrative - "it wisnae our fault, it was stolen from us".

You were losers then and you're losers now.

Good luck in the cup final all the same.

It was nearly 35 years ago, let it go. Go back 35 years from that fateful day and it was only SIX years after WW2 that's how mental this constant mewling is.

20 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Why did Hearts not "give their all" when St Mirren pumped them 6-2 that same season?

3 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

He did all the teams? When. After the warning from the government when it was clear clubs were not doing a good job of following guidelines or just a token inspection before the league started? Knowing the SPFL/SFA I think we all know the answer. Christ, one team even thought it was OK to do their team photo! Shambolic.

I can't believe you actually replied to that.

Fucking hell.