Livingston v Rangers - Sun 16th

And if that Kent shot went in what would you be saying  " Hard luck " or would it have been  more like that "midfield need to get up the park"
If my aunt had baws she'd be my uncle....what's your point? We got a great result against the in form team in the league...you'll be hard pushed to find a Livi fan that wasn't happy with the draw

46 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

And if Sibbalds lob had went in he'd have been even happier.

Or Robbo's at the end, all ifs and buts, along with Kent's or the free kick. We limited them to about 2 shots on target, can't believe a Livi fan is complaining about us not attacking them, we'd have got a doing if we'd have pushed up the pitch. First team to take points off Sevco and he's not happy how we played, maybe needs a reality check on what team he supports.

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
52 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:
And if that Kent shot went in what would you be saying  " Hard luck " or would it have been  more like that "midfield need to get up the park"

If my aunt had baws she'd be my uncle....what's your point? We got a great result against the in form team in the league...you'll be hard pushed to find a Livi fan that wasn't happy with the draw

Personally I was pretty sure we'd get beat - the only question in my mind was by how much. As you say there wasn't a single post by Livi fans that I noticed that seemed to contradict that viewpoint before the game.

To think that we should have come out an competed toe to toe with then when we were missing our recognised striker; had an unproven goalkeeper and missed a normal odds-on CB start is surely a disaster waiting to happen?

Pretty much no-one gave us a hope before the game; we've been punching above our weight and defying the odds for years but this seemed like a step too far. As a reult I would amend L4E comment and say this was a brilliant TEAM performance; it may not have been entertaining or pleasing to watch for the neutral but, for me, it was "job done and done well".

7 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Same old story for us against teams defending for their lives on plastic pitches.  I've seen this game about 20 times over the last couple of seasons.

Jack and Kamara together just don't offer enough in an attacking sense.  We almost sacrifice central midfield to allow the fullbacks to bomb on.

That's funny because you beat us 3 times on it since losing your first game there. Only when you lose the pitch is the problem.

If Dykes had been playing we might even have won, he'd certainly have posed more of a threat for your CB's to handle, Hammy got past them once but was too slow to get away, Dykes would've been right in on goal. Can't complain at the draw though, that's what we set out to get.

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That's funny because you beat us 3 times on it since losing your first game there. Only when you lose the pitch is the problem.

If Dykes had been playing we might even have won, he'd certainly have posed more of a threat for your CB's to handle, Hammy got past them once but was too slow to get away, Dykes would've been right in on goal. Can't complain at the draw though, that's what we set out to get.

We didn't lose. 

4 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Personally I was pretty sure we'd get beat - the only question in my mind was by how much. As you say there wasn't a single post by Livi fans that I noticed that seemed to contradict that viewpoint before the game.

To think that we should have come out an competed toe to toe with then when we were missing our recognised striker; had an unproven goalkeeper and missed a normal odds-on CB start is surely a disaster waiting to happen?

Pretty much no-one gave us a hope before the game; we've been punching above our weight and defying the odds for years but this seemed like a step too far. As a reult I would amend L4E comment and say this was a brilliant TEAM performance; it may not have been entertaining or pleasing to watch for the neutral but, for me, it was "job done and done well".

Yeah it wasn't just the defence defending, everyone chipped in and did their job. Marv even did a lung bursting run into their box, and was breathing through his arse afterwards, just as well HT was approaching for him to get a breather.😂 Big ask when Dykes was pulled out and Hammy sent in, to expect us to have a go at them, and up until this game we were very shaky in defence, not blocking any shots at all. We threw bodies in front of every shot yesterday, and out of 20 odd shots only 2 got through.

I think Scrutinizer marked players on where he'd liked them to have played, in their usual position rather than where they actually played, and the job they did helping out the defence. As you say, it was a brilliant team performance, not just the defenders. Not one for entertaining quality football, but sure as feck entertained me watching us block shot after shot and taking balls of toes before they could get a shot. At the end I was cheering every tackle and block we made.

I sure wouldn't be blaming Holt if Sevco nicked all 3 points, I would've been gutted after the effort we put in but even losing 1-0 would've been a lot better than I was expecting.

14 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We didn't lose. 

Deflect, deflect.

Bet it felt like you did, none of you are happy with the point. And your original post still isn't valid, you won 3 games playing there, so hardly same old story for you.

Actually reading that again I was right, you did lose, Dolly scored for us to win 1-0, after that defeat you won 3 games playing there, then drew yesterday.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Deflect, deflect.

Bet it felt like you did, none of you are happy with the point. And your original post still isn't valid, you won 3 games playing there, so hardly same old story for you.

Actually reading that again I was right, you did lose, Dolly scored for us to win 1-0, after that defeat you won 3 games playing there, then drew yesterday.

Which part of my post pointng out that we didn't lose is deflecting? 

And of course I'm not happy with a point.  What a bizarre thing to say. 

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Which part of my post pointng out that we didn't lose is deflecting? 

And of course I'm not happy with a point.  What a bizarre thing to say. 

Thought you were meaning yesterday you didn't lose, and chose that to correct me rather than to respond on it not being the same old story playing us on plastic, as it wasn't, you'd won your prev 3 games there.

However you're wrong there too, you did lose, we won 1-0 playing you in your first game against us on our plastic pitch. Unless you don't think us scoring the only goal in a 1-0 win isn't counting as Sevco losing.

40 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

This one fella watching on his 24 incher is livid Livi players were not getting booked for playing football. It's all a Papal conspiracy.

That was a nasty one on Kamara, Walshy must have missed it.

The other video isn't playing. 

31 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Thought you were meaning yesterday you didn't lose, and chose that to correct me rather than to respond on it not being the same old story playing us on plastic, as it wasn't, you'd won your prev 3 games there.

However you're wrong there too, you did lose, we won 1-0 playing you in your first game against us on our plastic pitch. Unless you don't think us scoring the only goal in a 1-0 win isn't counting as Sevco losing.

You said we only have a problem with these pitches when we lose.  We didn't lose yesterday but still had a problem with the pitch against a team defending deep. 

I'm not sure why you're blethering about games where we've managed to win.  We always struggle on these pitches.  Not just against Livingston. 

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You said we only have a problem with these pitches when we lose.  We didn't lose yesterday but still had a problem with the pitch against a team defending deep. 

I'm not sure why you're blethering about games where we've managed to win.  We always struggle on these pitches.  Not just against Livingston. 

Ok then, not win on them, then you use the pitch as an excuse.

Because your talking shite, beating us 3 times on them suggests you didn't struggle on them against us. So getting back to your original post, "Same old story for us against teams defending for their lives on plastic pitches". Complete nonsense.

How did you do against Accies on theirs last season?

Sevco 0-1 Hamilton- on grass at Ibrox. Nothing to do with a plastic pitch then.

Hamilton 1-4 Sevco- you won on their plastic pitch.

Hamilton 1-3 Sevco-another win for you, yep really struggling on plastic aren't you, only defeat to Accies was on your own grass pitch.

Added to the 3 wins against us on our pitch, not really backing up your post then.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Ok then, not win on them, then you use the pitch as an excuse.

Because your talking shite, beating us 3 times on them suggests you didn't struggle on them against us. So getting back to your original post, "Same old story for us against teams defending for their lives on plastic pitches". Complete nonsense.

How did you do against Accies on theirs last season?

Sevco 0-1 Hamilton- on grass at Ibrox. Nothing to do with a plastic pitch then.

Hamilton 1-4 Sevco- you won on their plastic pitch.

Hamilton 1-3 Sevco-another win for you, yep really struggling on plastic aren't you, only defeat to Accies was on your own grass pitch.

Added to the 3 wins against us on our pitch, not really backing up your post then.

We struggle to perform on these pitches regularly.  That's not up for debate, despite you trying your best to.  I'm going to hazard a guess that I watch more of Rangers playing teams on this type of pitch than you do.   

Just because we've managed to win a few games on them doesn't somehow back up your argument.  We beat Kilmarnock on the opening day of last season despite being fucking dreadful all game.  Just because we got a result doesn't mean we played well.  

Quite what us losing on our own grass pitch has to do with this is a mystery.  

6 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We struggle to perform on these pitches regularly.  That's not up for debate, despite you trying your best to.  I'm going to hazard a guess that I watch more of Rangers playing teams on this type of pitch than you do.   

Just because we've managed to win a few games on them doesn't somehow back up your argument.  We beat Kilmarnock on the opening day of last season despite being fucking dreadful all game.  Just because we got a result doesn't mean we played well.  

Quite what us losing on our own grass pitch has to do with this is a mystery.  

No, what you mean to say then is, you struggle to perform against teams playing like this.

That's not up for debate, despite you trying your best to bring the pitch into it.

Because you keep bringing the pitch into it, you surely struggled against Accies on grass too then if you lost to them at home, so you struggled with your performance no matter what the surface.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

13 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

No, what you mean to say then is, you struggle to perform against teams playing like this.

That's not up for debate, despite you trying your best to bring the pitch into it.

Because you keep bringing the pitch into it, you surely struggled against Accies on grass too then if you lost to them at home, so you struggled with your performance no matter what the surface.

Now that you've put it in bold, I totally agree with you.