Livingston v Rangers - Sun 16th

Livi did exactly what they should have done and rangers weren’t good enough to deal with it. Pleasing.

I’m quite surprised how much criticism the game is getting(not as much on here).  I’m not exactly sure what people want to watch with the OF going away to one of the smaller sides.  Cos a team scrapping like f**k, Defending well, getting the occasional half-chance on the break and getting a good result out of it is exactly what I want to see.

It’s far better than one side getting an early goal and it being a case of how many after that which doesn’t seem to get criticism nor do matches where teams take it in turns to pass the ball about in their own half’s. 

Poor performances from too many players today that led to us passing the ball side to side with no real purpose or threat.

The few occasions we did break the lines we made bad decisions or fluffed our lines.

We apparently had 23 efforts today which seems to suggest the system worked to an extent, but there were none that I could really say seemed likely to end with a goal.

Fair play to Livi, played to their strengths and done what they needed to do. Frustrating game.

Has Gerrard actually ever diverted away from his favoured 4-2-3-1. No plan B whatsoever when things aren't going Rangers way. Livingston defended superbly well, and showed how others can pick up points against them.