FM21

ajwffc

16 hours ago, grumswall said:
On 02/08/2021 at 11:45, CrossgatesCynic said:
Following the absolute mind-melting stuff at Stark's Park on Saturday, I've started a Rovers save this morning. Doubt I'll get very far into it but I had totally lost touch with any previous saves and couldn't be arsed going back to try & settle back into them.
Expecting a fairly routine first season in the Championship. Aim for the playoffs and see where it goes from there. Squad is decent enough to begin with. Might try to offload some deadwood and possibly bring in one or two loans to improve the overall balance of the squad.

O'brien from arbroath, dick from Alloa and Ramsey from Aberdeen on loan are all you need to win the championship. Iv done it 3 times now with those signings having left a few weeks between playing so starting again. Tait should play every game for you.

I never normally do but given the game's a full year old now, I started with the latest patch update, so at least the squad's are a little more up to date.

Fullbacks definitely an issue area, so already looking at Liam Dick. Hadn't considered Ramsay as I normally go for Cammy Logan from Hearts. He's on loan at Cove though, so scouting Ramsay.

2 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Football Manager players will no longer be able to manage 'Manchester United', following a settlement between the club and the games developer Sports Interactive.

Don't think I've ever managed Man Utd since ~05/06 but still pretty shite that this has happened.

On 06/08/2021 at 17:46, Robin.Hood said:

Football Manager players will no longer be able to manage 'Manchester United', following a settlement between the club and the games developer Sports Interactive.

Hopefully they make them utter shite unlike fm2021.

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

You'd think so. I did read that man Utd were trying to get user mods banned too, not sure what the outcome was

They've successfully killed the community in terms of kit mods/badge mods, so it wouldn't be a shock if they killed fake name fixes too.

Absolute oddballs sending lawyers to message kids threatening to sue them for making graphical versions of their badges. Squawka got fucked over too for simply using badges in news reports for them.

On 06/08/2021 at 21:44, CrossgatesCynic said:

image.thumb.png.36df73ad8f5ceb4a2800d9cfb03109f3.png

Got to be happy with that League Cup group showing. Probably get horsed in the next round but hey ho.

After cruising through my League Cup group, I was drawn at home to St. Johnstone in the next round. Lost 6-5 on penalties, after a 1-1 draw.

Frustrating, as I definitely had the best of them. Manny Duku had a potential winner ruled out for offside late on in the 90' and that rankles a bit. I always feel the League Cup is your best chance of a Hampden appearance too, given how straightforward it is - with a generous draw or two - to reach the semi finals.

6 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

After cruising through my League Cup group, I was drawn at home to St. Johnstone in the next round. Lost 6-5 on penalties, after a 1-1 draw.

Frustrating, as I definitely had the best of them. Manny Duku had a potential winner ruled out for offside late on in the 90' and that rankles a bit. I always feel the League Cup is your best chance of a Hampden appearance too, given how straightforward it is - with a generous draw or two - to reach the semi finals.

image.png.018a01c9fe3b28559299a7fda82cf100.png

The lay of the land as I hit the New Year of 2021. Still haven't signed anyone but the squad, as evidenced, is doing better than expected.

Weak point in the team is definitely Kyle Benedictus. I play a slightly higher line of defence and he gets caught on the turn more often than I can handle. Most recently twice in a 2-2 draw with Alloa...

Timmy Abraham has done absolutely nothing of merit whilst on loan (art imitating life?) and Kai Kennedy blows hot & cold constantly. Star of the season so far has been Manny Duku, with 11 goals in 9 games. I fully expect him to barely kick his own arse between now and the end of the season.

12 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

image.png.018a01c9fe3b28559299a7fda82cf100.png

The lay of the land as I hit the New Year of 2021. Still haven't signed anyone but the squad, as evidenced, is doing better than expected.

Weak point in the team is definitely Kyle Benedictus. I play a slightly higher line of defence and he gets caught on the turn more often than I can handle. Most recently twice in a 2-2 draw with Alloa...

Timmy Abraham has done absolutely nothing of merit whilst on loan (art imitating life?) and Kai Kennedy blows hot & cold constantly. Star of the season so far has been Manny Duku, with 11 goals in 9 games. I fully expect him to barely kick his own arse between now and the end of the season.

Manny Duku, on £300 a week at the Rovers, has just signed a pre-contract agreement with FC Eindhoven on a £2.1k p/w deal. The boy's won a watch with that.

Started a new save with Dumbarton and some weird shit going down. About 5 games in Stuart Carswell and Stefan McCluskey both tell me they want to move to bigger clubs, neither player has interest from a bigger club and neither is capable of playing for a bigger club. Both unhappy for no reason and bringing down the rest of the team, trying to punt both of them but nobody interested. I had the lad Dickson on loan from Rangers and they wanted him played as DLP in centre midfield, which is where he played every game - they've recalled him as they don't feel the terms of the loan are being met. It's totally fucked me and the only midfielder I could get was Tommy Reilly from Kelty for £500. 

Despite all this I am 7 points behind Thistle in second place, I fear the atmosphere is going to cause a huge blip at some point though. Debt fairly racking up because of this shitey covid season as well, genuinely a terrible decision to include that IMO. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Started a new save with Dumbarton and some weird shit going down. About 5 games in Stuart Carswell and Stefan McCluskey both tell me they want to move to bigger clubs, neither player has interest from a bigger club and neither is capable of playing for a bigger club. Both unhappy for no reason and bringing down the rest of the team, trying to punt both of them but nobody interested. I had the lad Dickson on loan from Rangers and they wanted him played as DLP in centre midfield, which is where he played every game - they've recalled him as they don't feel the terms of the loan are being met. It's totally fucked me and the only midfielder I could get was Tommy Reilly from Kelty for £500. 

Despite all this I am 7 points behind Thistle in second place, I fear the atmosphere is going to cause a huge blip at some point though. Debt fairly racking up because of this shitey covid season as well, genuinely a terrible decision to include that IMO. 

Yeah, I hit January 1st in my first season and had pretty much the exact same issue. Lewis Vaughan, Ross Matthews and Kyle Benedictus all coming to me saying they wanted moves to bigger clubs - none of them with any interest in them whatsoever. I managed to talk Matthews and Benedictus into dropping the issue but was left with no choice but to transfer list Vaughan. He immediately broke his lower leg anyway, so was out for four months. Cue him telling me he'd, 'give me more time' to sell him. His contract is up at the end of the season and still hasn't changed his mind. Frustrating that he'll likely leave for nothing and end up a free agent as nobody's interested.

1 minute ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Yeah, I hit January 1st in my first season and had pretty much the exact same issue. Lewis Vaughan, Ross Matthews and Kyle Benedictus all coming to me saying they wanted moves to bigger clubs - none of them with any interest in them whatsoever. I managed to talk Matthews and Benedictus into dropping the issue but was left with no choice but to transfer list Vaughan. He immediately broke his lower leg anyway, so was out for four months. Cue him telling me he'd, 'give me more time' to sell him. His contract is up at the end of the season and still hasn't changed his mind. Frustrating that he'll likely leave for nothing and end up a free agent as nobody's interested.

I don't remember this happening previously, perhaps something has changed in one of the updates. I tried to talk both players into staying but both informed me there was nothing I could say to change their mind, and I'm not offering them more money in any case.

image.png.3843562429e1ea9caae6e92750991c92.png

I've got to be happy with that first season. On balance, I'd rather Ayr get the better of Inverness in the playoff. Inverness beat me twice in the league and dumped me out the Scottish Cup this season, with me winning the other league game and winning in the League Cup group back at the start of the season. Whoever I end up getting though, I'd fancy my chances with over two legs. Then it's almost certainly going to be Kilmarnock in the playoff final.