FM21

ajwffc

16 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

image.png.3843562429e1ea9caae6e92750991c92.png

I've got to be happy with that first season. On balance, I'd rather Ayr get the better of Inverness in the playoff. Inverness beat me twice in the league and dumped me out the Scottish Cup this season, with me winning the other league game and winning in the League Cup group back at the start of the season. Whoever I end up getting though, I'd fancy my chances with over two legs. Then it's almost certainly going to be Kilmarnock in the playoff final.

After a 5-4 aggregate win over Ayr, Inverness it was. I bagged a 1-0 win in the Highlands, thanks to a 92' Manny Duku winner. Parity was restored by Inverness after only 10 minutes of the second leg in Kirkcaldy, though the good guys prevailed in the end; Rovers running out 2-1 winners on the night (3-1 on aggregate).

Kilmarnock up next in the final. I'd be delighted to get promoted, naturally, though I do worry if that happens that next season would just be bodying after bodying.

48 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't remember this happening previously, perhaps something has changed in one of the updates. I tried to talk both players into staying but both informed me there was nothing I could say to change their mind, and I'm not offering them more money in any case.

I definitely think there's some sort of glitch at play here. Lewis Vaughan is now fully fit (has been for several weeks now). There's still nobody interested in him & I've actively tried to punt him. Literally every in-game day now though, I get a notification saying he's giving me more time to keep my promise because of his recent injury concerns. It just doesn't make sense.

He still won't even discuss a new deal though, so he'll definitely be leaving at the end of his contract in a fortnight.

19 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

After a 5-4 aggregate win over Ayr, Inverness it was. I bagged a 1-0 win in the Highlands, thanks to a 92' Manny Duku winner. Parity was restored by Inverness after only 10 minutes of the second leg in Kirkcaldy, though the good guys prevailed in the end; Rovers running out 2-1 winners on the night (3-1 on aggregate).

Kilmarnock up next in the final. I'd be delighted to get promoted, naturally, though I do worry if that happens that next season would just be bodying after bodying.

Lost 1-0 at Stark's Park, after controlling the game. Killie scored from a direct freekick. One of only two shots on target in the entire game.

Went to Rugby Park and despite going 1-0 down early on, got right back into the tie by going 2-1 up with quarter of an hour left. Killie equalised pretty soon after and you just knew, based on the way the game was panning out in the highlights, that it was exactly how the game was going to finish. Jamie MacDonald rifling the ball right back to the opposition every time he collected the ball, centre halves pummelling balls right back to their opposite numbers (despite a season long tactic of short passing) and full backs refusing to use the channels and instead playing long balls into the middle of the park probably did for me in the end.

3-2 on aggregate and it's another season in the Championship next year. Shite.

image.thumb.png.79344602e7ad6a0b0cf6f33563dfeea4.png

Another fairly straightforward League Cup group this season. Lost at Livingston but the balance of the draw meant I was always in the driving seat to qualify as one of the best runners up. Drawn away to St. Mirren in the next round though, so the dream's over for another year at least.

Started up a new game last night.

A huge urge to do a club and country thing with the goal being bringing through a golden generation to win a European trophy and an international tournament.

Looked at Ferencvaros/Hungary, Steaua/Romania, Sparta Prague/Czech, Dynamo Kiev/Ukraine and Legia/Poland before going for Olympiakos and Greece. They're the top team in the country with the best youth system, but arguably the most competitive league out of the ones I considered. Hoping this can keep me on my toes during the save and the bigger clubs can chip in with decent youth players.

The Greeks must be the biggest footballing nation not to win a European trophy at club level.

It's been a tough start, 6 points behind AEK at Xmas and although I beat Sparta Prague to get there, embarrassed in the Champions League, finishing with 1 point and hounded 7-0 at Anfield, 4-0 in Amsterdam and 3-0 in Moscow against Lokomotive.

National team is in the shitter too atm. 55th in the world, failed to beat Kosovo at home in my first game before managing to somehow win my Nations League Group C division after an arse collapse by Slovakia who failed to beat Kosovo and Moldova in their last 2 games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only took until September 2021, but I think I've finally got an FM21 save that I'm enjoying. Main reason for not enjoying the game was really struggling to find a tactic that I enjoyed. I found ones that worked, but not enjoyed. Tried umpteen plug and play ones downloaded from sites, but finally, just by tinkering with my 4-3-3 on FM20, I've exported it to FM21, and it's working for me.

Started unemployed in Scotland and got the Morton job. Won my Betfred Cup group, beat Dundee United in the last 16, but lost to Rangers 3-1 away in the QF's.

Started impressive in the league as well, winning 5 out of my first 7, even beating Hearts. 2 games I lost were narrow defeats away at Dunfermline and Dundee. Gonna play while I work, and hopefully get my first season done in the next day or 2. 

Been slowly building my Dumbarton side up, currently in the Championship. A 17 year old regen called David Park got released from Hibs last season and I thought he had potential. Signed him up, sent him out on loan to League 1 Queen of the South, where he scored 5 goals and 9 assists from AM, his stats all got quite a bit better. He comes back and I put him straight into the team. Play the first Betfred Cup match where he played a blinder and the next day I have an offer from Hibs on the table. Park is incredibly interested and won't take any of my shite in convincing him, he needs to be playing Premiership football NOW OR NEVER. He's now an unhappy wee c**t refusing to speak to me. Shite like this happens to me all the time, I never seem to be able to demand good money for these guys either, Hibs offering about 3 fucking grand and a friendly. I really thought I'd built a team capable of winning the league but this wee c**t has upset the Dynamics and I'm having team meetings with c***s telling me to sell him for a pittance to Hibs. f**k this game man.