EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It says everything that the Chelsea players seem much more wound up for this match than they were the cup final. 

They all want to win that Top 4 trophy. 

I've only ever watched Werner in English football - presumably he looked better than this in Germany? Because it looks to me like he has all the close control of Oli McBurnie. He gets in decent positions but that's it. And even then, he's offside far too often.

And the way he goes down for the penalty - I absolutely guarantee you, no female footballer would have gone down because of that contact. Sniper in Row A. 

25 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It says everything that the Chelsea players seem much more wound up for this match than they were the cup final. 

It is a sad state of affairs when the commentator, Alan Smith I think it was, had to actually think about his answer when asked if Leicester would rather win the FA Cup game on Saturday or win the one tonight if they had the choice.

Surely winning the FA Cup for the first time in their history will be remembered for ever, by the fans, over qualifying for the Champions League again.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

It is a sad state of affairs when the commentator, Alan Smith I think it was, had to actually think about his answer when asked if Leicester would rather win the FA Cup game on Saturday or win the one tonight if they had the choice.

Surely winning the FA Cup for the first time in their history will be remembered for ever, by the fans, over qualifying for the Champions League again.

It shows how far removed from reality most of these guys are. I would be surprised if a single Leicester fan would swap tonight's result for Saturday's. 

10 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

No. there is only a fifth place awarded if the CL winners haven't qualified via the league.

This is a good result for Hibs/St Johnstone for getting guaranteed european group matches which is under threat from Chelsea winning the CL and not being in the top 4 or Villarreal winning the EL.

The UEFA access list is utterly incomprehensible at times, so I could be wrong, but I thought Chelsea needed to qualify for the EL group stage and no more via the league, then win the CL?

That’s what frees up a space in the EL that eventually allows Hibs/St Johnstone to move up a round. 

If it were the case that Chelsea could simply finish top 4 (5), then it wouldn’t matter who won the CL.

Everton have been absolutely miserable this season. Can barely think of five decent performances. Aside from good first seasons under Martinez and Koeman, it's been a club "in transition" for almost a decade.

I like BT’s interview and discussion about Roy Hodgson. He seems like a decent guy and to stay in top flight football for such a long time just shows how good he is.

Edited by Jambomo

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Spurs  fans booing like f**k.

Love it.

I love all these manager interviews where they are saying how glad they are to have the fans back. I keep wondering if they really are glad to have them back or are just forced to say that. I can’t imagine them really missing the booing and abuse 🤣

Edited by Jambomo

Everton have been absolutely miserable this season. Can barely think of five decent performances. Aside from good first seasons under Martinez and Koeman, it's been a club "in transition" for almost a decade.
Were Everton not electric at the start of the season? The boy james looked like he was back to his world cup form.

I think the point is that Chelsea would definitely have preferred the top 4 spot as they've won the fa cup loads in the last 20 years. Same for Liverpool, Man United, City, and arsenal (as far away as they are).

But for Leicester (or even spurs) - winning the fa cup was massive. There's no doubt the fans would absolutely take the way it's worked out for them.

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:
16 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Were Everton not electric at the start of the season? The boy james looked like he was back to his world cup form.

They were decent in September but most games since have just been a chore. One of the dullest teams in a dull league this season.