RiG

13 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Like I say, none of the angles are very good. The best view is miles from the incident, so it's hard to tell, but it looked like his right arm came out and it hit in the middle. The referee was well placed and seemed to think the same.

A few people seem to be very confident it didn't hit his arm, but I've not seen anyone put forward an alternative version of events.

Blurry as f**k, but here's the frame that shows Benedictus' arm extended, and making contact with the ball.

image.png.9dea3a39d07c2936eb6cbc77d966d85a.png

Utterly delighted to see Vaughan back on the park. 
Going to be at least a couple of weeks before watching him running around stops being like watching a toddler play with a handgun, though. 
This will never not be the case.
Blurry as f**k, but here's the frame that shows Benedictus' arm extended, and making contact with the ball.

It doesn't show that though.

A still frame with no perception of depth has literally zero weight in the argument. You’ve no idea how far the ball still has to travel before it makes contact with Benedictus.

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It doesn't show that though.

:lol:

I think it's safe to say the white thing coming out of his shoulder and touching the ball is his arm, and if you look at the video, the ball changes direction just after that frame.

Edited by DC92

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

:lol:

I think it's safe to say the white thing coming out of his shoulder and touching tha ball is his arm, and if you look at the video, the ball changes direction just after that frame.

Thanks for that Mr Zapruder.