St Mirren v Ross county 22/08/2020

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You see strikers pull their legs away in those situations all the time.

The odd time they dont they get sent off and everyone calls it a "strikers tackle".

I daresay Shaughnessy needlessly battering in, getting himself sent off and effectively costing you three points will be fine because he somehow showed "commitment" and "passion".

That's called shiting out of a tackle, because they don't want injured. 

You've obviously never played football in your life.

11 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Just an observation, but we now have several County fans, a Celtic fan, a St Johnstone fan and a Killie fan all saying it's a clear red.

You also have several St.Mirren fans saying that the follow through merited a red.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

That's called shiting out of a tackle, because they don't want injured. 

You've obviously never played football in your life.

I've played enough football to guess you're a middle aged 17st pub league full back who brags about bursting 18yo wingers because "its a mans game", tbh.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Folk still thinking that 'he won the ball' and 'intent' are in any way applicable 😅

I don't think anyone is saying that. In fact, pretty much everyone is saying that you don't get away with tackles like this.

It was definitely momentum that caused his trailing leg to follow through, and therefore that’s what Collum has decided on as dangerous. Stewart was stretching for the ball in what can only be described as half hearted. Shaughnessy was fully committed and catches him.

Why did Collum not dish out a red for Vigurs who went in with a studs above the knee challenge on McCarthy,  or does Collum only do selective red cards when domineering rookie referee’s. 

Just now, glenburn bud said:

Why did Collum not dish out a red for Vigurs who went in with a studs above the knee challenge on McCarthy,  or does Collum only do selective red cards when domineering rookie referee’s. 

Really, it's McCarthy's fault that the County player nearly smashed his leg into three pieces.

54 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Presumably Vigurs’ yellow card will be upgraded to a red similar to what happened with Tansey a couple years back.

I'd forgotten about that. Staggering that was a thing. Still: at least the precedent's been set.

I have to say, these debates are nowhere near as fun without Derek Adams losing his shit at Goodwin.

Edit: got to love a non-posting red dotter. Those fuckers need their hard drives checking.

Edited by Coventry Saint

fwiw, changing the direction of the thread I have absolutely no doubt that St. Mirren will survive comfortably this season. Defensively they looked very assured and Obika is a wee pain in the arse for defenders to deal with.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

I don't think anyone is saying that. In fact, pretty much everyone is saying that you don't get away with tackles like this.

Actually a couple of folk have mentioned it earlier, which is why I made that comment.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

He's 183cm (6' 2")

Wiki says six foot dead on.

He looks smaller than that, probably as he is stocky  and broad.