EFL Cup 2020/21

Aye I'm enjoying it for that reason alone. I wasn't aware they were doing it either so it's a nice surprise. 
Yeah, as I said I'd completely forgotten. You forget how good it is seeing a crowd reacting to a live event (i.e. not highlights, reruns etc).

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thoyght it was just going to be locals getting tickets? Have these gone to actual fans?

I was under the impression its locals. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think that was the case for the Leicester cup semi final last week. This is actual fans I believe. 

I don't think that's the case. Surely they aren't telling folk to travel from Manchester etc in a pandemic when you can't even sit in a pub at the end of your street yet? 

Laporte could be off since there were two bookable fouls but they are really making a meal of it. It’s hardly the first time an poor tackle has gone unpunished and it’s not as though either were really terrible tackles, just fouls.

Laporte could be off since there were two bookable fouls but they are really making a meal of it. It’s hardly the first time an poor tackle has gone unpunished and it’s not as though either were really terrible tackles, just fouls.
He should be off tbf. Both were soft but if given as fouls they should have been accompanied with a yellow card.

And there's no way he makes that second challenge if he got booked for the first, so bringing that up is just stupid.
That's a fair point. Though you may be underestimating the stupidity of footballers [emoji38]

I'm not sure he was, he said "The first two are fouls and yellows but he should be off for that Laporte. I won't back down from that" 

Edit : Mahrez is having a field day today. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

5 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

And there's no way he makes that second challenge if he got booked for the first, so bringing that up is just stupid.

Probably but it is City's tactic to either win the ball back quickly and if they don't they will commit a tactical foul.

Maybe Tottenham would have been able to do something on the break if Laporte couldn't make that second challenge.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
14 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

He should be off tbf. Both were soft but if given as fouls they should have been accompanied with a yellow card.

Yeah, I’m not arguing that he shouldn’t be off, more not really getting the outrage that a soft foul isn’t getting a booking, it’s not exactly uncommon and they are making out it’s a scandalous decision. They are still talking about it now ffs. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So its a mix of actual fans and locals/NHS workers then

Aye and I guess City are a big enough club to have at least 2000 supporters on their database who are based within short travel distance of London (if there was a geographic restriction on tickets).