League One Streaming - What would you pay?

How much would you pay for live streaming?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is likely to be a bit of an issue over the coming months with reduced capacities and  away fans potentially not being allowed in, so I'm wondering what you would think is an acceptable price to pay to stream League One games?

I reckon I'd be happy to pay £15 to stream Montrose v Dumbarton or whatever if away fans weren't allowed to travel, but any more than that and I'd find it a bit steep. I'd normally go to games with my dad and brother, so assuming the three of us were all in the same house at the time £15 would be a substantial saving on the usual entry (or it would be if it wasn't for the fact me and my brother both get in as media for nowt these days!).

What does everyone else reckon? And have any clubs revealed prices yet? Know Div posted on Twitter a while back with the Premiership costs and they ranged from £9.99 (Rangers) to £20 (Livingston).

Edited by Jan Vojáček

I think £10 is the answer here. I think it has to be less than the standard walk up price as you're getting a lesser product, no fault of the clubs but football on TV is a shadow of what it is in person. How will this work with away gates too? 

Be really great if they somehow managed to get all 10 clubs on the same page with the same provider and the ability to buy varying packages. Suspect that may be difficult depending on how season tickets are operating with teams in house TV etc.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

I think £10 is the answer here. I think it has to be less than the standard walk up price as you're getting a lesser product, no fault of the clubs but football on TV is a shadow of what it is in person. How will this work with away gates too? 

Be really great if they somehow managed to get all 10 clubs on the same page with the same provider and the ability to buy varying packages. Suspect that may be difficult depending on how season tickets are operating with teams in house TV etc.

How does it work in the premier. I notice that for the majority of games you can watch via the home or away clubs tv stream.  Do the away clubs tv service just pay a standard fee to the home clubs or something?

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why the feck would I want to pay to watch livi versus Hamilton or similar ffs. 

What you on about? You said you would buy your Falkirk season ticket then watch away games for nothing. That intimates that somehow you were planning on watching say Dumbarton vs Falkirk for free rather than pay the provider for it. 

I've no idea why you're talking about premiership games.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If theres feck all else on i'll have it on in the background. Always interested just to see how exe players etc are doing.

I wait for the free highlights on BBC and avoid the match threads. After all, who the f**k is going to be commentating on Premier games in the Falkirk thread?

21 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Watching Aberdeen TV the now and that wee scrote hartley is in the studio. Sibbs just gave away a pen

Oh, wait. 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What you on about? You said you would buy your Falkirk season ticket then watch away games for nothing. That intimates that somehow you were planning on watching say Dumbarton vs Falkirk for free rather than pay the provider for it. 

I've no idea why you're talking about premiership games.

Well if its anything like the premier setup my falkirk season ticket will give me access to all falkirk games home and away streaming wise.  That's why I was asking how it works in the top flight as games are shown by both the home and away clubs tv channels and clubs give free access to season ticket holders. Its only one off purchases of games that are charged.  

Well if its anything like the premier setup my falkirk season ticket will give me access to all falkirk games home and away streaming wise.  That's why I was asking how it works in the top flight as games are shown by both the home and away clubs tv channels and clubs give free access to season ticket holders. Its only one off purchases of games that are charged.  

Your Falkirk season ticket won't cover streaming of away games.

Would expect the price of the stream to be around the same as normal admission price.

13 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Pretty sure season tickets don't cover away games

I think away clubs in the top flight are only allowed to stream the games to international fans who pay for examlle in kilmarnocks case £12.99 a month.  Not sure if that will be the case in league one too. If that's the case then you can either get a vpn and give your own club the money or give it to the home team. Or get iptv and watch it for hee haw.