Hibernian v Aberdeen

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Heard that. Surprising news that. Murphy for Horgan is surely a downgrade?

Delighted to hear tbh 

It surprised me as well. Depends how consistent Murphy is. Horgan has a habit of having a great game then can be a bit anonymous for a couple. Murphy had 7 goals from 10 games at Burton so if he can bring that kind of form we'll be fine. Sad to see Horgan go though.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Your bias is clouding your judgement then as he's been one of the better players so far this season.

Hmm. He was invisible against Rangers, OK against the pub team, and the matches against St J and Livi turned on Hedges coming on and injecting direct pace. 

I'd love for him to make it as a Dons player, but he's surely running out of chances ? This is the type of game where he's been awful in for the last 4 years. If he's going to make a career at Pittodrie, he has to do it now.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

I genuinely think if all four are at their best you're letting the best of the four go.

Horgan did run hot and cold in games. For much of his time here, he tired out after about 60 minutes on the pitch and had to be hooked after that, and there were plenty of games where he didn't do much - although he certainly had his fair share of moments too.

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

Hmm. He was invisible against Rangers, OK against the pub team, and the matches against St J and Livi turned on Hedges coming on and injecting direct pace. 

I'd love for him to make it as a Dons player, but he's surely running out of chances ? This is the type of game where he's been awful in for the last 4 years. If he's going to make a career at Pittodrie, he has to do it now.

He was invisible against Rangers because he wasn't in the squad!

Harsh to say this is the type of game where he struggles as he rarely gets 4 games on the trot.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Horgan did run hot and cold in games. For much of his time here, he tired out after about 60 minutes on the pitch and had to be hooked after that, and there were plenty of games where he didn't do much - although he certainly had his fair share of moments too.

Yeah, that's why I had to add the qualifier of at their best. Boyle is quicker and more athletic but Horgan much more technically gifted and creates something from nothing.

Certainly wouldn't have Wright or Murphy ahead of him.

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He was invisible against Rangers because he wasn't in the squad!

Harsh to say this is the type of game where he struggles as he rarely gets 4 games on the trot.

Lol. I wasn't sure about that, just thought I'd lash out anyway 🙂

Let's hope he puts in a shift today. COYR

5 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Strange for Joe Lewis to drop that one there, he's usually great at coming off his line, albeit ten seconds before the ref has blown for the penalty to be taken.

No idea why Boyle didn't chip it. What a strike from Doig there!