Hamilton vs Rangers, 29/08

Good news: Saturday half five kick off is very decent.

Bad news: We're playing Accies, and therefore this game is completely unpredictable.

I'd go:

McLaughlin, Patterson, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Jack, Kamara, Roofe, Hagi, Kent, Itten. If Aribo is fit then change him for Hagi.

Does McGregor come back into the team or does McLaughlin keep his place?  I've been impressed with McLaughlin so far,  he's not made errors and looks pretty solid,  thankfully it's a decision I don't have to make. 

I think we'll see Alfredo on the bench for this one, no point in dropping Roofe or itten as they'll need the game time.

Aribo being back in the team would be great.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Good news: Saturday half five kick off is very decent.

Bad news: We're playing Accies, and therefore this game is completely unpredictable.

I'd go:

McLaughlin, Patterson, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Jack, Kamara, Roofe, Hagi, Kent, Itten. If Aribo is fit then change him for Hagi.

Dropping the captain?  I'd love to see Patterson play a full 90 minutes but it's not going to happen unless Tav's injured.

@bennettWe've only faced dross so far with a couple of teams not even attempting to score so it's hard to judge McLaughlin so I'd be tempted to keep things as is until we play a couple of the better teams.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dropping the captain?  I'd love to see Patterson play a full 90 minutes but it's not going to happen unless Tav's injured.

@bennettWe've only faced dross so far with a couple of teams not even attempting to score so it's hard to judge McLaughlin so I'd be tempted to keep things as is until we play a couple of the better teams.

It won't happen, but I'd like to see him get a shot. You're probably right though, Tavernier is more sensible.

Let's hope we give Patterson and Bassey some minutes. I have the fear about that backup left back spot.

McLaughlin 

Tav   Goldson   Helander   Barisic

Jack       Kamara

Aribo             Roofe          Kent

Itten

2 hours ago, d_t_b said:

I'm more confident playing Rangers at Ibrox these days than at NDP

I know, but if feels like ages since we beat them. What was it, March 2020 or something? 

I was at the game too, but I'd prefer it we could get the game settled a bit earlier this time - I like to get away before the traffic builds up.

15 hours ago, AJF said:

McLaughlin 

Tav   Goldson   Helander   Barisic

Jack       Kamara

Aribo             Roofe          Kent

Itten

If that formation is to persist, Davis or Arfield need to come in for Jack or Kamara and Hagi instead of Roofe who’s never a no10. 

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

If that formation is to persist, Davis or Arfield need to come in for Jack or Kamara and Hagi instead of Roofe who’s never a no10. 

Davis is done in my opinion. He came in against Kilmarnock and I felt he was way off it and I honestly cannot fathom how he ended up in Kris Boyd's team of the week as I felt he was the worst player in a Rangers jersey. Even Jack regressed with Davis playing beside him and there were gaps all over the place.

Until we bring in another midfielder, I've reluctantly accepted that Jack and Kamara are the best pairing we have for the two holders.

Hagi needed dropped against Kilmarnock as his form has been poor and I think reinstating him to the starting line up straight away after one game would be the wrong decision. It's not perfect but I think it is the best we've got for the time being.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Davis is done in my opinion. He came in against Kilmarnock and I felt he was way off it and I honestly cannot fathom how he ended up in Kris Boyd's team of the week as I felt he was the worst player in a Rangers jersey. Even Jack regressed with Davis playing beside him and there were gaps all over the place.

Until we bring in another midfielder, I've reluctantly accepted that Jack and Kamara are the best pairing we have for the two holders.

Hagi needed dropped against Kilmarnock as his form has been poor and I think reinstating him to the starting line up straight away after one game would be the wrong decision. It's not perfect but I think it is the best we've got for the time being.

We shouldn't be playing with two holding midfielders against sides that are sitting on their own 18 yard line.

18 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The only unpredictable thing about this game is how many goals Rangers will win by, moron.

1-4 ****

Accies fans don't even believe in their own voodoo magic anymore, sad.

21 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We shouldn't be playing with two holding midfielders against sides that are sitting on their own 18 yard line.

I tend to agree, but I just don't think right now we have the right personnel to play a different way effectively.

We deviated slightly from our 4-2-3-1 in the first half against Kilmarnock and it was largely frustrating. When we reverted to our more usual style in the second half we got a lot more joy.

Edited by AJF

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

I tend to agree, but I just don't think right now we have the right personnel to play a different way effectively.

We deviated slightly from our 4-2-3-1 in the first half against Kilmarnock and it was largely frustrating. When we reverted to our more usual style in the second half we got a lot more joy.

41 minutes ago, G51 said:

Playing the two holding mids is a big part of why we've only conceded two scoring chances over five matches.

Clean sheets are still incredibly valuable in football.

I think we could drop one of Jack and Kamara and have Aribo playing centre mid slightly in front.

Kamara if I had to choose.