Structure for 2021/2022

mcruic

On 23/09/2020 at 15:38, FairWeatherFan said:

Girvan could get to be one of the Top 12 teams in the West, but a Threave Rovers could never get to be one of the Top 16 in the West?

A West that over time wouldn't include the likes of Auchinleck Talbot or Pollok as once promoted to the Lowland League they'll likely never play in the WoSFL again.

Genuine query; 

Thought in the case of Pollok because of the residential location of Newlandsfield that Floodlights wouldn't be allowed hence, licensing and Lowland league access would be beyond them unless they move to a new stadium.  Is the pitch size at Pollock another issue too? 

Find it strange the big East Ayrshire Clubs, Glenafton and it tributaries, or more so their downstream brothers, cousins... gave this season a bye, as finishing top still gets you into the Lowland League Playoff, correct?  Something no doubt Clydebank at the very least will be aiming and ready for regarding licensing. 

Edited by Unknown Fan

55 minutes ago, Unknown Fan said:

Genuine query; 

Thought in the case of Pollok because of the residential location of Newlandsfield that Floodlights wouldn't be allowed hence, licensing and Lowland league access would be beyond them unless they move to a new stadium.  Is the pitch size at Pollock another issue too? 

Find it strange the big Ayrshire Clubs gave this season a bye, as finishing top still gets you into the Lo wland League Playoff, correct?  Something no doubt Clydebank at the very least will be aiming and ready for regarding licensing.

Pretty sure it has been said Pollok meet the Entry level licencing for their pitch. It's only when going up to Bronze I believe they have a problem, and you only need Bronze for the Championship & Premiership. So not an immediate concern. As for floodlights there have been several clubs in the last couple of years that have got them installed that were meant to have problems getting them. That doesn't mean it would be the same for Pollok, but it's not something they've had to pursue seriously until now.

Other than Auchinleck Talbot i'm not entirely sure how many of the WoS Premier clubs that withdrew so themelves as both title contenders  and able to get licenced by Feb 2021. At the time most of them withdrew there were serious concerns over getting a season completed, as well as the financial and health concerns that are in play. For me one of the factors in Talbot sitting out the season was also to avoid promotion. My thinking being they would rather return in 2021-22 playing old rivals rather than debuting as the only Ayrshire side in the Lowland League.

Under non-covid circumstances Talbot and Cumnock might be expected to be looking at licencing in time for the February deadline.

Infact Cumnock have tweeted that they recently had an SFA licencing inspection which pointed out the need to have stadium boundaries which prevented viewing from outside. Does that take into account people with ladders I wonder?

Even if licenced is there agreement in place for the WoS champions (whichever non-abeyance club that may be) to take part in the Lowland League play-offs for 2021/22?

Does anyone know which Premier clubs are currently in the Licence process?

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Pretty sure it has been said Pollok meet the Entry level licencing for their pitch. It's only when going up to Bronze I believe they have a problem, and you only need Bronze for the Championship & Premiership. So not an immediate concern. As for floodlights there have been several clubs in the last couple of years that have got them installed that were meant to have problems getting them. That doesn't mean it would be the same for Pollok, but it's not something they've had to pursue seriously until now.

Other than Auchinleck Talbot i'm not entirely sure how many of the WoS Premier clubs that withdrew so themelves as both title contenders  and able to get licenced by Feb 2021. At the time most of them withdrew there were serious concerns over getting a season completed, as well as the financial and health concerns that are in play. For me one of the factors in Talbot sitting out the season was also to avoid promotion. My thinking being they would rather return in 2021-22 playing old rivals rather than debuting as the only Ayrshire side in the Lowland League.

Is there an option to refuse promotion? If yes, then your thinking can't be correct.

17 minutes ago, Dev said:

Even if licenced is there agreement in place for the WoS champions (whichever non-abeyance club that may be) to take part in the Lowland League play-offs for 2021/22?

The WoSFL is part of the LL Pyramid Play-off. It now requires the SFA, LL, EoSFL, SoSFL, and WoSFL to agree on any changes.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

I was surmising it was one of the factors. As for refusing promotion, yes it can be done. Just don't get a SFA licence.

Fella, I'm asking a question because I don't know. 

I'll try again. If a licenced club win the WoSFL can they decide not to take part in the promotion play offs?

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I'm asking if refusing promotion is an option in a normal season.

Don't get a licence and you're refusing promotion.

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I'll try again. If a licenced club win the WoSFL can they decide not to take part in the promotion play offs?

Get a licence = guaranteed play-off participation.

44 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

A licenced team winning the league and not wanting to go up could always flunk the play offs

If a licenced club refuses to take part in the play-off, I would expect some serious sanctions heading their way. So the answer is no.

6 hours ago, Unknown Fan said:

Find it strange the big East Ayrshire Clubs, Glenafton and it tributaries, or more so their downstream brothers, cousins... gave this season a bye, as finishing top still gets you into the Lowland League Playoff, correct?  Something no doubt Clydebank at the very least will be aiming and ready for regarding licensing.

Pollok's proximity to residential buildings is not an insurmountable problem. Overlaying the lighting plan from other clubs onto Newlandsfield shows the light spill should just about be acceptable, and Haddington below have added lights with a care home about the same distance away. Though of course there's more than just floodlights needed for Pollok, I'm guessing the facilities and disabled access etc needs sorting as well.

87510530_2796784487043352_922743697429233664_o.jpg

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Pollok's proximity to residential buildings is not an insurmountable problem. Overlaying the lighting plan from other clubs onto Newlandsfield shows the light spill should just about be acceptable, and Haddington below have added lights with a care home about the same distance away. Though of course there's more than just floodlights needed for Pollok, I'm guessing the facilities and disabled access etc needs sorting as well.

87510530_2796784487043352_922743697429233664_o.jpg

I guess it would depend on objections to planning permission as the flats down the side of the pitch are owners and would see impact on resale potentially. I speak with zero knowledge of the actual scenario, just an opinion. If I lived there and hated football, I would object.

7 hours ago, Dev said:

Under non-covid circumstances Talbot and Cumnock might be expected to be looking at licencing in time for the February deadline.

Infact Cumnock have tweeted that they recently had an SFA licencing inspection which pointed out the need to have stadium boundaries which prevented viewing from outside. Does that take into account people with ladders I wonder?

If it’s taken an inspection to point that out that’s an incredible oversight by the committee,  it’s one of the clearest requirements listed in the very easy to access documents.

23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If it’s taken an inspection to point that out that’s an incredible oversight by the committee,  it’s one of the clearest requirements listed in the very easy to access documents.

It's not so much the boundaries by the sound of it but they still have some areas exposed that will need screening up. It's something they're clearly aware of as before the SFA visit some of the pics you can see screening up across some fencing.

It just seems like there are some other areas of the ground that are still exposed.

32 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I said that Cumnock tweeted. Apologies, it may not have been a club tweet. I did copy the tweet onto P&B so you can check if you wish.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's not so much the boundaries by the sound of it but they still have some areas exposed that will need screening up. It's something they're clearly aware of as before the SFA visit some of the pics you can see screening up across some fencing.

It just seems like there are some other areas of the ground that are still exposed.

That makes more sense.  Not so much ‘we didn’t know about it until inspected’.  and more ‘we’ve been working on this and inspection confirms we are needing to complete it for licensing’