Dunbar United Season 20/21

47 minutes ago, T H E Reeler said:

Read everything and believe nothing, unless it’s on Twitter, FB, P&B, the Courier or somebody’s mate knows somebody wha kens aw aboot it.

49 minutes ago, T H E Reeler said:

Read everything and believe nothing, unless it’s on Twitter, FB, P&B, the Courier or somebody’s mate knows somebody wha kens aw aboot it.

What game were you at on Saturday if at all. 

23 hours ago, imho said:

What game were you at on Saturday if at all. 

Dunbar are showing 22 signed players which would seem excessive but with some under 20s helping out,maybe we could do with some info. I assume any suspensions should be over so do we have a few injuries. As I have said we have been effective in our opening games but without any real quality play,some good play but I'm like I'd rather we win ,playing okay than lose playing well,now. Keep it going.

9 hours ago, imho said:

Dunbar are showing 22 signed players which would seem excessive but with some under 20s helping out,maybe we could do with some info. I assume any suspensions should be over so do we have a few injuries. As I have said we have been effective in our opening games but without any real quality play,some good play but I'm like I'd rather we win ,playing okay than lose playing well,now. Keep it going.

Think Kevin H included a lot of that information as a part of his weekly online update.

We have been low on numbers with the suspensions prior to yesterday but are still dealing with holidays and injuries. Hopefully we will know the full extent of Evan Fleming’s injury in the next 2 weeks and we will know what his likely recovery time will be. 

Liam Gregory and Thommo could be back fit fairly soon,  plus the addition of Jonny Grotlin will provide a real competition for places within the squad which is required if we want to achieve the goals we have set ourselves.”

18 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Think Kevin H included a lot of that information as a part of his weekly online update.

We have been low on numbers with the suspensions prior to yesterday but are still dealing with holidays and injuries. Hopefully we will know the full extent of Evan Fleming’s injury in the next 2 weeks and we will know what his likely recovery time will be. 

Liam Gregory and Thommo could be back fit fairly soon,  plus the addition of Jonny Grotlin will provide a real competition for places within the squad which is required if we want to achieve the goals we have set ourselves.”

Thanks but 3 players injured leaves 19. Are you saying maybe 5 are on holiday. What do you mean,the goals we have set ourselves,not normal forum supporter statement but maybe you know more than most. 

49 minutes ago, imho said:

Thanks but 3 players injured leaves 19. Are you saying maybe 5 are on holiday. What do you mean,the goals we have set ourselves,not normal forum supporter statement but maybe you know more than most. 

Think I know when somebody’s being quoted to me!!

Thats sort of why I mentioned Kevins weekly statement and the standard quotation marks. 

I don’t mean anything. I’m not saying anything and I’m not thinking anything. 
I’m simply pasting Kevin’s Statement. I presumed that you’d be aware of his regular weekly update, but my assumption is obviously wrong. 

Think your looking for stuff which isn’t there. Keep fishing I’m sure you will hook someone.

Edited by Man from the East

4 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

Think I know when somebody’s being quoted to me!!

Thats sort of why I mentioned Kevins weekly statement and the standard quotation marks. 

I don’t mean anything. I’m not saying anything and I’m not thinking anything. 
I’m simply pasting Kevin’s Statement. I presumed that you’d be aware of his regular weekly update, but my assumption is obviously wrong. 

Think your looking for stuff which isn’t there. Keep fishing I’m sure you will hook someone.

I am aware of the weekly update but choose not to read it. I was looking to see if any fellow supporters were aware of why we were using under 20s with 22 players signed,not asking or looking for anything else. In fact the lads used looked good.

2 minutes ago, imho said:

I am aware of the weekly update but choose not to read it. I was looking to see if any fellow supporters were aware of why we were using under 20s with 22 players signed,not asking or looking for anything else. In fact the lads used looked good.

Struggling to follow that particular bit of logic. The manager covers topics which you require information on. However you chose not to read the his updates and want it answered by a supporter.
I might be a bit slow, but any supporter answering you has just read the update and giving you their take on it.

As I say, I’m struggling to follow the logic. 

Think it’s a case of ‘ I know the answer, but I’m not sure the question to ask’

Hope you enjoy your awayday to Tweedmouth supporting the team and the manager. 

2 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Doesn’t seem to be much of an atmosphere surrounding the upcoming Scottish Cup match at Vale of Leithen. 
Wonder why it’s so flat?

Good luck to the team, a win would be great result. A draw isn’t so bad - when would the replay be, anyone know?

Most replays are the following Saturday but some provisional dates have been made for some replays. Don't see why it can't be payed midweek,kind of makes you wonder why clubs spent money on lights etc.

6 hours ago, imho said:

Most replays are the following Saturday but some provisional dates have been made for some replays. Don't see why it can't be payed midweek,kind of makes you wonder why clubs spent money on lights etc.

6 hours ago, imho said:

I’m pretty sure that is the following Saturday and not midweek. 
Lights are a separate question - Gretna 2008 - spring to mind

9 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Doesn’t seem to be much of an atmosphere surrounding the upcoming Scottish Cup match at Vale of Leithen. 
Wonder why it’s so flat?

Good luck to the team, a win would be great result. A draw isn’t so bad - when would the replay be, anyone know?

Think replays have been scrapped this season. 

Used to enjoy a replay myself and I'm sure my old mucker Newky must have some fond Whitehill memories regarding replays too 

It saves cash I suppose. Having to go up to say, Fraserburgh, on a Tuesday night was a bit of a nuisance 

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Used to enjoy a replay myself and I'm sure my old mucker Newky must have some fond Whitehill memories regarding replays too 

It saves cash I suppose. Having to go up to say, Fraserburgh, on a Tuesday night was a bit of a nuisance 

Aye quite a few bad ones!

Plenty draws against league opposition but just never could get over the line. Albion Rovers remain WW s only league scalp in all the years trying.

Best replay though was Fraserburgh when after i thought blowing our chance at Rosewell went up there and were convincing winners.

The draw paired the winners against Celtic in the 3rd round so it was a very high profile match. 

An interesting day for DUNBAR UNITED on Saturday at Victoria Park. 
I’ve no idea who are the favourites or what the betting is. 
VoL should by rights be the top dogs. However I think most people see significant weakness in the VoL recent results that could be exploited by DUFC. 
But will it happen??

A win would be perfect, a draw isn’t a bad result. 
To put it in perspective - an away win to a team in a higher league in the national cup competition is a big ask under any conditions. 
it won’t be an easy 90 minutes. VoL will want to show their fans that they can still do it.  
Good luck guys, enjoy the day, hope you progress. 

10 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

An interesting day for DUNBAR UNITED on Saturday at Victoria Park. 
I’ve no idea who are the favourites or what the betting is. 
VoL should by rights be the top dogs. However I think most people see significant weakness in the VoL recent results that could be exploited by DUFC. 
But will it happen??

A win would be perfect, a draw isn’t a bad result. 
To put it in perspective - an away win to a team in a higher league in the national cup competition is a big ask under any conditions. 
it won’t be an easy 90 minutes. VoL will want to show their fans that they can still do it.  
Good luck guys, enjoy the day, hope you progress. 

Got to fancy yer chances down there. 

St.Ronans bar on high Street has beer garden adjacent park.

Union Club at the turn off for the ground parking are couple places for a beer or two.

A good result for Dunbar yesterday.

if I’m correct that’s a fair old winning streak that’s now stretched to 5 games since the season kicked off vs Rosyth.

Tuesday evening brings another tricky match away to Coldstream. Former DUFC man Kieran Ingram will very much be looking forwards to facing his old team mates. 

Can it be 6 out of 6 ?

Thats no doubt got someone checking when the Seasiders last put six consecutive winning games together.

If I’m correct, following on from Coldstream it’s Kenoway Star (league),  followed by Preston in the Challenge Cup, then it’s the next round of the Scottish is due to be played 17th Sept.

All except the Scottish - which is presently unknown - seem to be winnable. But personally avoiding any defeat is more important. 

Go for it guys.