Dunbar United Season 20/21

Coldstream 2-2 Dunbar

Always good to get points on the road however, without being disrespectful, I think the team will see that as 2 points dropped. 

On the positive side, the unbeaten run is still intact. Onwards to Saturday. Another trip across to Fife.

Edited by #DUFC

10 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Coldstream 2-2 Dunbar

Always good to get points on the road however, without being disrespectful, I think the team will see that as 2 points dropped. 

On the positive side, the unbeaten run is still intact. Onwards to Saturday. Another trip across to Fife.

Coldstream put Luncarty oot one o the cups. Could be a point gained especially at Home Park. ;)

20 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Quake in your boots lads, Clachnacuddin have just got to the final of the North Cup, beating Rothes 1-4 away. :whistle

The Dunbar lads will do well to take anything from the Inverness Clach game.  Bigger fish to fry for them this week in the league as that has to be the top priority.

On 31/08/2022 at 10:09, #DUFC said:

Coldstream 2-2 Dunbar

Hopefully they will continue to reverse last seasons terrible results in Fife/north of the Bridge. Still have many more visits to Tayside and Fife still to play.

Perhaps, after finding the net at Coldstream, Dawson’s luck has now changed and the goals continue to flow. 
One game at a time, 100% focus on KSH. 
These unbeaten/winning runs are so hard to maintain, but I’m sure it’s looking positive  for the match today.

Should Queenie mania settle down a bit, and Saturday week's games go ahead, what are the pubs like in Dunbar? Due to stuff going on I might end up hanging around till early Tuesday morning for a train down South, so I don't want to stay somewhere with one pub and an angry barman who hates teuchters.

On 09/09/2022 at 21:17, welshbairn said:

Should Queenie mania settle down a bit, and Saturday week's games go ahead, what are the pubs like in Dunbar? Due to stuff going on I might end up hanging around till early Tuesday morning for a train down South, so I don't want to stay somewhere with one pub and an angry barman who hates teuchters.

There's a bar at the ground.

I only really know The Eagle in the High Street which is friendly enough. I'm sure the others on here can give you pub tips. 

On 09/09/2022 at 21:17, welshbairn said:

There is a bar next to the ground for pre and post match beers.

On the High Street there is the Eagle and the Castle which are both good pubs. If you want to partake in cocktails then across the road from the Eagle is the Bull and Bear.

If you fancy a wander then the Brig and Barrel in Belhaven does really good "pub" food.

There are also a couple of hotels close to the High Street.

If you need any other pointers then give me a shout.

Enjoy, Dunbar is a grand wee place.

4 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

There is a bar next to the ground for pre and post match beers.

On the High Street there is the Eagle and the Castle which are both good pubs. If you want to partake in cocktails then across the road from the Eagle is the Bull and Bear.

If you fancy a wander then the Brig and Barrel in Belhaven does really good "pub" food.

There are also a couple of hotels close to the High Street.

If you need any other pointers then give me a shout.

Enjoy, Dunbar is a grand wee place.

Cheers for that. Best beer garden?

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Cheers for that. Best beer garden?

Brig & Barrel in Belhaven.

The Royal Mac and the Hillside at the East end of the High Street have outdoor seating.

Hallhill, which is next to the ground also has outdoor seating.

19 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

@welshbairn Hopefully you are not too despondent about today's result. 

Enjoy the rest of your time in Sunny Dunny. 

Cheers, thought you had the edge for more of the game. At least we battled for it unlike last year v Dunipace. 

On 17/09/2022 at 17:53, welshbairn said:

Cheers, thought you had the edge for more of the game. At least we battled for it unlike last year v Dunipace. 

Agree. Thought Dunbar controlled the majority of the game but momentum was with you when the equaliser went in.

Tough draw for Dunbar in the next round but a home tie will give them every chance. 

41 minutes ago, #DUFC said:

Agree. Thought Dunbar controlled the majority of the game but momentum was with you when the equaliser went in.

Tough draw for Dunbar in the next round but a home tie will give them every chance. 

Best of luck to you, these League 2 clubs aren't to be feared that much, look what happens to them when they get demoted! (Brechin might prove to be the exception..) By the way, do you happen to know of any Dunbar pubs that will be open tonight?

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Best of luck to you, these League 2 clubs aren't to be feared that much, look what happens to them when they get demoted! (Brechin might prove to be the exception..) By the way, do you happen to know of any Dunbar pubs that will be open tonight?

The Eagle and Castle will no doubt be open, I’d imagine. 

On 19/09/2022 at 14:34, #DUFC said:

We shaded the game. I enjoyed it nothing between the teams. Clach looked a young side but now back to the league. Having what now looks like a gentle introduction to this league,played 5 of the bottom 6 we now need to show if we have the tools to challenge and an EL derby against Preston is now the start of a run of big league games. Despite having a very good start to the season I still have concerns. Any news on Fleming.