Kilmarnock v Motherwell

11 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

How many of your players live in Glasgow and Lanarkshire?

i am not blaming St Mirren or Motherwell  .... this virus spreads rapidly ... all it takes is just one person to have it  ... when folk say mild cases their is no such thing it attacks all of your organs and weeks later can cause debilitating ailments  for example a 23 year old lad recovered from it but still had nagging headaches two weeks later sat down for his dinner when he had excruiating headaches and his mother had to take him to hospital within 30 minutes of walking into the hospital the lad was paralysed from the neck down  ... it affects everyone differently .... there is still a lot we don't know about the virus

Edited by Godric1970

1 minute ago, Godric1970 said:

i am not blaming St Mirren or Motherwell  .... this virus spreads rapidly ... all it takes is just one person to have it  ... when folk say mild cases their is no such thing it attacks all of your organs and weeks later can cause debilitating ailments  for example a 23 year old lad recovered from it but still had nagging headaches two weeks later sat down for his dinner when he had excruiating headaches andhis mother had to take him to hospital within 30 minutes of walking into the hospital the lad was paralysed  ... it affects everyone differently .... there is still a lot we don't know about the virus

Seems like your were blaming St Mirren and Hamilton. You even posted about writing shite about it on Facebook.

And it didn't spread rapidly at St Mirren or Aberdeen. After the initial positive tests there were no more in the squad because they were following the rules at training.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Seems like your were blaming St Mirren and Hamilton. You even posted about writing shite about it on Facebook.

And it didn't spread rapidly at St Mirren or Aberdeen. After the initial positive tests there were no more in the squad because they were following the rules at training.

i said it was not safe to play those games due to covid 19 ... i never said either club is at fault ... this virus spreads so fast .... if the club is guilty of wrong doing then those responsible should get their ass kicked ... no excuses 

17 minutes ago, Godric1970 said:

we never had it before those two games now we have a outbreak ... ayrshire is not one of the areas being hit hard with the virus  it's Glasgow area and Lanarkshire  ... both games should not have went ahead ... i said on the killie facebook page it was  a potential danger to the health of our players 

15 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

How many of your players live in Glasgow and Lanarkshire?

This. 

I'll hazard a guess. Less than half the squad. 

Likewise with my team. Out of the perm playing squad about 3 live in Perth. 

24 minutes ago, G51 said:

The SPFL are the decision makers, because the SPFL is the clubs. If you're talking about the executive arm of the SPFL, i.e. it's employees, then this isn't true either, because as we've seen very recently Doncaster and the board often lobby within the organisation for votes to go a certain way, hence why they make recommendations. You can't claim that Neil Doncaster isn't a decision maker when he sits on the board and attempts to influence votes.

It was the job of the SPFL executive to come up with a season schedule and if we cannot finish the season then they will have failed and need to be accountable. It must surely be the final straw for Doncaster in particular, who has presided over a serious of disasters during his tenure.

The SPFL could have recommended 20 different options. None of them would have been been backed with a successful vote as they'd all result in the club's giving up some money. The reality is none of the clubs would have been willing to give up a share of the TV money etc by having to refund Sky. Same way all the reconstruction talks no matter the option put forward was never going to happen. While it's a full democracy the self interest will win the day. 

You can tell me all you like "Doncaster bad" but no matter what they came up with the result would be the same. 

Just because you lobby someone it doesn't mean you're the decision maker. These people are grown adults often with successful businesses outside football and can make their own mind up. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

23 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

How many of them were at this dodgy poker game?

Don’t tell me they had a FULL HoUSE of Killie players. I will get my coat.....

Where has this come from ? I assume made up nonsense. 

SPFL to investigate if Killie are riddled because they haven't followed the guidance on training. Why is it spreading between their squad compared to St Mirren who had 2 positive tests and no further spread to the rest of the squad.
Hodson and Alnwick share a house so neither caught it at training.

Both of St Mirren's goalkeepers caught it, which suggested it did spread at training there. The goalkeepers train separately from outfielders so it was unlikely to spread to anyone else.

Even grassroots clubs are allowed to train in groups of six players, so even if that is the rule for Premiership clubs too then it's entirely possible that it has just spread between a group of six. However, as far as I understood, Premiership clubs were essentially training as normal now, but with temperature checks, changing at home and no gathering outside of football. If that's the case it's hardly a stretch to see it spread through a squad, something which is hardly unique to Scottish football.

Have the SPFL got some sort of exact science to what games go ahead/don't go ahead?

Does a magic number exist of players infected? or is to down to  potential to have infected others in training? 
Accies had 4 players out isolating, yet had to go ahead with a game. 

21 minutes ago, Godric1970 said:

i am not blaming St Mirren or Motherwell  .... this virus spreads rapidly ... all it takes is just one person to have it  ... when folk say mild cases their is no such thing it attacks all of your organs and weeks later can cause debilitating ailments  for example a 23 year old lad recovered from it but still had nagging headaches two weeks later sat down for his dinner when he had excruiating headaches and his mother had to take him to hospital within 30 minutes of walking into the hospital the lad was paralysed from the neck down  ... it affects everyone differently .... there is still a lot we don't know about the virus

What? 
I mean, horrific if true, but really? Sounds like something you heard in the pub. 

Have the SPFL got some sort of exact science to what games go ahead/don't go ahead?
Does a magic number exist of players infected? or is to down to  potential to have infected others in training? 
Accies had 4 players out isolating, yet had to go ahead with a game. 

Clubs need to have at least 13 players available. We currently have 0.

6 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The SPFL could have recommended 20 different options. None of them would have been been backed with a successful vote as they'd all result in the club's giving up some money. The reality is none of the clubs would have been willing to give up a share of the TV money etc by having to refund Sky. Same way all the reconstruction talks no matter the option put forward was never going to happen. While it's a full democracy the self interest will win the day. 

You can tell me all you like "Doncaster bad" but no matter what they came up with the result would be the same. 

Just because you lobby someone it doesn't mean you're the decision maker. These people are grown adults often with successful businesses outside football and can make their own mind up. 

This isn't true - there was clearly an option that would have resulted in a shortened season with clubs not giving up any TV money. That option is the split after 2 rounds of fixtures, followed by another 2 rounds of fixtures. 32 games down from 38, while Sky still get their full quota of matches.

Was this option even discussed by the SPFL? Did the executive commission any kind of feasibility study? Was it directed to find any possible options by the board? If we're unlucky enough to find ourselves in trouble at the end of the season, these are all questions that are going to be asked of the SPFL and its executive.

Neil Doncaster sits on the SPFL board. He is a decision maker. It's laughable that some people claim he isn't. I know there are folk on here who are close to/are SPFL employees and therefore feel the need to defend the organisation at every turn (and I'm not saying you are one of them), but that doesn't mean they needed to try and rebuild the image of a total buffoon.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Clubs need to have at least 13 players available. We currently have 0.

I maybe wasn't clear on my point, If players are supposed to be training in bubbles,  maintaining social distancing, how did the entire Kilmarnock team of 25+ players, manage to become in close contact with those infected, therefore having to isolate? Especially if clubs are having regular weekly testing pre-training/game.

I'm curious how this is going to go down in the future, as it's almost near impossible to narrow down specific days when the virus is contracted. 

Edited by JudgeFlash

I maybe wasn't clear on my point, If players are supposed to be training in bubbles,  maintaining social distancing, how did the entire Kilmarnock team of 25+ players, manage to become in close contact with those infected, therefore having to isolate? Especially if clubs are having regular weekly testing pre-training/game.
I'm curious how this is going to go down in the future, as it's almost near impossible to narrow down specific days when the virus is contracted. 

My guess is that this was a precautionary decision given the number of positive cases. I'm sure we'll find out in due course.

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

If you look up online I'm sure you will dig up. St Mirren were told if they have 11 fit outfield players to put one in goals the game must go ahead. Also take into account no training was done on the Friday all staff was told to stay away before the game . 

But that’s the thing - our whole team has been told to self isolate. That didn’t happen with St Mirren did it?

I hope you can see I’m not arguing or saying what happened to St Mirren was right, it wasn’t. 

My own views on this will be different to other people I totally understand that. If you gave me the option this morning of Kilmarnock getting this game postponed or playing with 11 fit players (of any description) and losing I would have taken losing over postponement every day of the week. My own thoughts on this are if you think a player is good enough to be in your squad then they should be good enough to play regardless of whether they are 3rd choice for that position etc.

Remember a few years ago when EPL fined a club for playing their reserve team away at Old Trafford (think it was Burnley) so that they had their strongest team fit for a 6 pointer on the Saturday with a relegation rival - even though the players picked were in the 25 man squad that you need to name at the start of the season. I thought that rule was a joke then and I would’ve said our game being postponed with 6 out was a joke too........but it’s not 6 out it is literally every man in our squad who is out.

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My guess is that this was a precautionary decision given the number of positive cases. I'm sure we'll find out in due course.

Could risk giving it to Motherwell's international contingent and causing an international incident. Better just cancelling Killie's diddy cup games instead.

For the benefit of Bennett and Kincardine I am 100% not having a dig at Sevco here - some people are asking how this managed to leave our entire squad needed to isolate.  You only need to look at pictures for the home dressing room last night to see that at times people will act like human beings and enjoy the moment they are in.

Im going to guess that after a hard fought win at the weekend, rightly or wrongly, our players would’ve been involved in some similar dressing room celebrations (or something along those lines) and have been open and honest about that with our local health authority leading to the self isolation request.

It will be interesting to know if it is the health board who have called it off. Based on the SPFL statement it seems more like we’ve been given the guidance to self-isolate everyone as a precaution instead of “them” calling the game off.

If that is the case, and depending on what happens with the youth teams etc, then I do feel a bit for St Mirren. If we had any option of playing a youth side (not even sure if the youth teams are back yet) then we could’ve explored that possibility.