Kilmarnock v Motherwell

So in summary you're not sure and are just guessing?
What makes you so sure that protocols were being followed.

I note from today's press that an spfl probe is looking into travel arrangements for last week's game vs St Mirren as the potential issue.

Hopefully they'll find it was simply bad luck with an infectious disease however if they don't then rightly the 3 points should be forfeited.

2 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

What makes you so sure that protocols were being followed.

I note from today's press that an spfl probe is looking into travel arrangements for last week's game vs St Mirren as the potential issue.

Hopefully they'll find it was simply bad luck with an infectious disease however if they don't then rightly the 3 points should be forfeited.

I haven't at any time said I'm sure the protocols were followed, because I clearly have no idea. None of us even really know what the protocols are. However, the burden of proof here lies with you, not me, because you are the one making the repeated suggestion that this outbreak means Killie must have breached them. Games across Europe are being postponed more or less every weekend because of outbreaks at one club or another - we've even seen it in the Champions League and international football.  Therefore this would seem to me to be an unavoidable situation which was bound to happen to some club at some point, and is the risk which the players are taking in order to have a profession.

If we have breached the protocol in some way or other then I'd have absolutely no issue with Killie being fined just like Celtic and Aberdeen were when their matches were postponed. I don't see why Motherwell would be awarded the win though, given that hasn't happened in the past. It comes across as a bit desperate to be thrashing about trying to get a win this way rather than earning it on the park.

9 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I think this will just end up with some backlog of fixtures in the end up. I don't think forfeiting is the answer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the season extended as these types of thing pop up over the season.

We won’t be the last team to encounter this scenario, as for points getting docked surely they set the rules with Aberdeen and Celtic earlier this season.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Despite all my joking about 3 points to us etc. There are a lot of idiots in this thread.

Agreed

As someone said over on SO they will do what suits the Old Firm.

Can you imagine Celtic/rangers winning the league because one or the other had points deducted because of Covid

there would be absolute carnage

36 minutes ago, Snafu said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54402157

Kilmarnock could forfeit three matches after Covid-19 outbreak investigation

Kilmarnock face possible sanctions - including forfeiting Friday's postponed game against Motherwell - if they have breached Covid-19 protocol, says SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster.

The entire Rugby Park squad is self-isolating for 14 days after six positive tests in the past week.

Doncaster says the SPFL "owe it to the game" to investigate the outbreak.

He confirmed Kilmarnock will forfeit their two upcoming League Cup ties if they cannot fulfil the fixtures.

"Clearly, it's very concerning that you have six positives within one club," Doncaster told BBC Scotland's Sportsound.

"That's something we need to investigate in conjunction with the health authorities, because the protocols in place are designed to ensure there shouldn't be transmission within a club.

"Where we've had positives elsewhere this season, on the whole the games have gone on universally. The exceptions were the Aberdeen and Celtic games but that ultimately was a government decision.

"We have to create the situation where clubs have a real incentive to ensure their players are protected and games go on."

Doncaster says it became "inevitable" that Kilmarnock's home Scottish Premiership meeting with Motherwell on Friday would be called off.

Of the Ayrshire club's 40 signed players, he says about 27 are in the first-team bubble and the remainder had not been tested, making them ineligible to play.

Forfeiting the game on the basis of a 3-0 defeat is "one potential outcome", according to the SPFL chief.

He added: "As it stands, the SPFL board does not have that power. It does have the power to instruct an investigation to take place - [lawyer] Rod McKenzie will undertake that.

"If there are found to be concerns, that would go to a disciplinary in front of a sub-committee of the SPFL board, which has broadly unlimited powers to impose a sanction.

"We hope very much that all protocols have been followed. We'll keep an open mind."

Kilmarnock are due to face Falkirk away in their League Cup opener on Tuesday before hosting Dunfermline Athletic a week later.

Doncaster confirmed the SPFL has the jurisdiction to impose the "rough justice" of a forfeit in that competition.

He said they will do so if Kilmarnock cannot field a team because there is a "real time imperative to enable the competition to progress".

You are just teasing 

8 hours ago, Killiefan said:

We won’t be the last team to encounter this scenario, as for points getting docked surely they set the rules with Aberdeen and Celtic earlier this season.

For sure. Although I would absolutely love to see another full lockdown come in with like Hibs or someone top of the league just to watch the SPFL squirm under their own precedent.

I don't agree with Kilmarnock forfeiting the game. It should be played when all are available to play it. 

To be fair to the entire league, a 25 point deduction to Kilmarnock should sort it. 

1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:

If we’re getting a 3-0, can the goals go to Mugabi and Grimshaw? Maybe the third to White, just for a laugh. 

Can I apply to be a scorer? I’ll happily pay £2.50 towards the Well Society. I’ve more chance of actually getting one than Jordan White, I reckon. 

44 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

For sure. Although I would absolutely love to see another full lockdown come in with like Hibs or someone top of the league just to watch the SPFL squirm under their own precedent.

If we get punished so be it , every chance Motherwell would have taken 3 points without all this shite but it will be interesting to see what they do in the winter months when every club will encounter similar situations. I can guarantee the rules will change to suit particular city clubs. As I said if they take 3 points off so be it as long as they are consistent.

2 hours ago, Swami said:

Can I apply to be a scorer? I’ll happily pay £2.50 towards the Well Society. I’ve more chance of actually getting one than Jordan White, I reckon. 

Consider it done. That’s Hastie another place back in the queue.