Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

I've got a meeting at 3pm that I'm dreading and should be preparing for, but all I can think about is this game. 

Marshall

O'Donnell McTominay Gallagher Tierney Robertson

(Jack/Armstrong) McGregor McGinn

(Christie/Armstrong) Dykes

Tough on McKenna and Considine, but Gallagher has been a rock and Tierney is in very good form in that exact position.

Ryan Fraser is a huge loss, and I think he might go with Christie in that role for his goalscoring ability.

Clarke is a big fan of O'Donnell and I don't think anyone has done enough to shift him from that position.

Not even Stephen O'Donnell himself?

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Not read the thread, so apologies if covered, but when was the last time Scotland won an away game to qualify for a tournament? Was it in 1977 at Anfield against Wales?

Aye and it's the only time we've managed to do that. And you could say it wasn't a proper away game, given it was in Liverpool with most of the fans from Scotland.

As I mentioned before if we win tonight it's arguably our best ever result. 

Edited by Lurkst

32 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

They are better than us, by a bit of a margin. However, we also have a good few players playing at the highest level, so it I think we actually have a chance tonight. Compare that to the squad of 2012-2013 under Levein, for example. Holy f**k was that a brutal team compared to now. It's almost like night and day.

I didn't remember it that way, so I had a look at the team that lost to Wales at Hampden in March 2013. I think it's probably better in central defence and up front than we have now.

Allan McGregor
Alan Hutton
Charles Mulgrew
Grant Hanley
Gary Caldwell
Graham Dorrans  ('62) (Adam, '62)

Robert Snodgrass
James McArthur
Steven Fletcher  ('5) (Miller, '5)
Shaun Maloney
Chris Burke  ('85) (Rhodes, '85)

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I've been present when the Caley been promoted 4 times (3 as league winners), won lower league and national cups, beat a much fancied team on penalties to reach a final, take the piss out of Celtic in the cups about 100 times, see them play in Europe.

Scotland are a bridesmaid for me, and for a lot of people on here.

Outside Inverness, nobody cares. Hardly anyone even remembers. To most, Caley are little more than a funny headline. And the players in those matches would have been playing anywhere else if they were offered more money - which is fine, and how it's supposed to be, but those guys in blue tonight know they're playing to create memories and experiences that they'll treasure. They're fighting to fulfil childhood dreams. Andy Robertson has been a vital part of a team that won the Champions League and ended Liverpool's long title wait, and he says captaining the national team is "the proudest thing I'll ever do in football".

I don't doubt that many fans see Scotland as lesser, but I feel sorry for them. The idea that promotion from a lower division compares with following the national side to a World Cup... that's just small.

Just now, GordonS said:

Outside Inverness, nobody cares. Hardly anyone even remembers. To most, Caley are little more than a funny headline. And the players in those matches would have been playing anywhere else if they were offered more money - which is fine, and how it's supposed to be, but those guys in blue tonight know they're playing to create memories and experiences that they'll treasure. They're fighting to fulfil childhood dreams. Andy Robertson has been a vital part of a team that won the Champions League and ended Liverpool's long title wait, and he says captaining the national team is "the proudest thing I'll ever do in football".

I don't doubt that many fans see Scotland as lesser, but I feel sorry for them. The idea that promotion from a lower division compares with following the national side to a World Cup... that's just small.

Most people I know who support a club team are completely indifferent to the national team.  And sorry, seeing Scotland qualify for a finals is no where near as special for people as their club winning a league or cup.  To suggest otherwise is absolutely staggering.

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I've been present when the Caley been promoted 4 times (3 as league winners), won lower league and national cups, beat a much fancied team on penalties to reach a final, take the piss out of Celtic in the cups about 100 times, see them play in Europe.

Scotland are a bridesmaid for me, and for a lot of people on here.

Pish, you have nothing to compare it to as Scotland have never done anything.  I mean winning a diddy league big fuckin deal who gives a shit.  

Can barely see you all the way up there on your high horse, mate.

Guest bernardblack
Pish, you have nothing to compare it to as Scotland have never done anything.  I mean winning a diddy league big fuckin deal who gives a shit.  

By any chance are you going to slag McGregor off all night?

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Most people I know who support a club team are completely indifferent to the national team.  And sorry, seeing Scotland qualify for a finals is no where near as special for people as their club winning a league or cup.  To suggest otherwise is absolutely staggering.

Absolute shite, everybody on here supports a club team, you included.  Do we sound like we're 'indifferent'?  Even you don't, so stop talking pish.

I can't believe these two think Scotland 'doing something' as in actually getting out of their group for the first time ever, eclipses people's clubs winning leagues and cups. 

I think you lads should head on over to the TAMB.

Just now, TheScarf said:

I can't believe these two think Scotland 'doing something' as in actually getting out of their group for the first time ever, eclipses people's clubs winning leagues and cups. 

It does.  You're not in a position to judge as its never happened.  I can't believe anyone would think winning a dingy cup with a bunch of mercenaries is of any real importance.  I bet you think Celtic getting 10 in a row would matter too lol.

Just now, Aufc said:

Surely its fucking subjective. Some people get more joy from club football and some people get more joy from international football.

Of course it is, these two are suggesting that absolutely anything Scotland do eclipses what your club do, which is an absolutely fucking mental take.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If you're not into it cool but why bother pishing on other peoples parade? Let all just enjoy the build up.

Personally, I am fucking shiteing it!

Just now, Londonwell said:

If you're not into it cool but why bother pishing on other peoples parade? Let all just enjoy the build up.

Personally, I am fucking shiteing it!

Of course I want Scotland to win.