The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

God knows. He answered about two questions amd gave way to the Republic party chairwoman from Florida. 

Switched on to Brillo pad wearing his MCC tie on BBC News. 

I'd rather die in a fire than watch Andrew Neil present an election programme. Like the p***k knows more than folk on this thread do anyway.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

The early numbers from Indiana may not be much use as they might already include the absentee ballots, which would skew them Democrat.

Re: Indiana from fivethirtyeight.com

"The days after Election Day will probably see a blue shift as counties work through their remaining absentee ballots. On election night itself, some counties may see a red shift if absentee votes are reported first and Election Day votes trickle in later. However, most counties combine their absentee and Election Day votes."

14 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Because the polls were pretty poor indicators in 2016.

I wouldn't be shocked if Biden wins Georgia, I'm just not sure it happens.

They were about 2 points off the national figures and a chunky 4.4 off in Pennsylvania. People think the differences were bigger because they missed the polls narrowing in the final week, and because they assume that polls that show the wrong winner are rubbish.

The causes of the errors were not weighting for educational level (which they did in national but not state polls) and not enough polls late in the campaign by good pollsters. Both of those were remedied.

Biden has a bigger national lead than any candidate in any presidential election since Reagan. 

28 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

If that really was the case, surely there would be a huge disparity in the odds - especially in different nations. My understanding is they have analysts who're constantly assessing the info as it comes in. 

Sure, but 1) they only have access to the same data as us and 2) their biggest priority is watching the betting and seeing what their net take or pay-out would be from the different scenarios. A lot of eejits are betting on Trump regardless of how poor the odds are, because they're not exactly gamblers.

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
25 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:
Considering the actual voting places are still open for another 35 minutes in a lot of Indiana, I wouldn't place too much into anything you hear in the next 90 minutes.

Indiana polls closed at 6pm ET.

Ah, you're right. Which is terrible as they should stay open until at least 7.

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I'd rather die in a fire than watch Andrew Neil present an election programme. Like the p***k knows more than folk on this thread do anyway.

I can't take him seriously since encountering his 14 year old on reddit patter on his twitter feed.

Just now, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

What's everyone doing for coverage ? Got CNN on atm but it's pretty dry.

Tempted to switch Fox on for bantz.

Just got the NY Times updater on my laptop, looking at it every few minutes. Once things advance I might tune into the appropriate crying channel.

11 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I wouldn't read too much into the bookies odds tbh. 

Nah. They're just following the money. There will be algorithms calculating odds based on number of bets placed and values of said bets. There may be some actual human staff keeping an eye on the odds to make sure there is no potential for arbitrage, but nobody at Bet365 is sat pouring over top secret opinion polls that only they have access to before deciding their odds.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Andrew Neil is a massive dong, however they have sweetened the deal with Katy Kay the demanding looking milf.

She still talks shite too, though.

Really, all I want is someone to tell me results. I bloody hate panels.

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They were off by a per cent or two on the popular vote in the main. Trump needs a much bigger error to win the electoral college this time.

Individual States like Georgia are probably too close to call, but Trump needs to win just about all the marginals, Biden just needs a few.

They were way off in their predictions of a Clinton landslide in the electoral vote, which is all that matter.

I'm aware mate, I live here, haha.