Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic

Ehmmm so yeah this....

Watched highlights of our game and also Dunfermlines, tbh didn't think Dunfermline were that brilliant yesterday, 2 of the 3 goals were set pieces which we know Queens are incapable of defending.

Still honestly not sure how we shat the bed defensively yesterday, we should be joint top of the the table but yet here we are with only 4 points out of 9. Expect a huge improvement on Saturday, we were unbelievable in attack yesterday so i expect plenty of goals with Cammy Smith looking like an absolute find on that left hand side, milles better than Forrest IMO. 

4-2 Ayr

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Ehmmm so yeah this....

Watched highlights of our game and also Dunfermlines, tbh didn't think Dunfermline were that brilliant yesterday, 2 of the 3 goals were set pieces which we know Queens are incapable of defending.

Still honestly not sure how we shat the bed defensively yesterday, we should be joint top of the the table but yet here we are with only 4 points out of 9. Expect a huge improvement on Saturday, we were unbelievable in attack yesterday so i expect plenty of goals with Cammy Smith looking like an absolute find on that left hand side, milles better than Forrest IMO. 

4-2 Ayr

Dunfermline have been unreal at scoring corners this year so far. Possibly one every game? 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Dunfermline have been unreal at scoring corners this year so far. Possibly one every game? 

We didn’t score from corners vs Alloa or Dumbarton.  Did score penalties in both games tho.  I make it 11 set piece goals in 6 games.

Edited by parsforlife

You were good going forward, I think most Morton fans have admitted that,  but unbelievable?? Our keeper had 1 comfortable save and you hit the post, your second goal was a good finish and the first was an OG.

No doubt you had some good attacking play but you weren't that good. 

We had 4 more shots on target than you and we were generally pretty pish.

Edited by madton

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We didn’t score from corners vs Alloa or Dumbarton.  Did score penalties in both games tho.  I make it 11 set piece goals in 5 games.

There was a point where I thought only people called Murray were going to score goals for you 😄

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Pretty sure we have, or from a set piece/cross.

Dumbarton was a penalty, which came from a cross.

It’s hilarious because we’ve been shit at set pieces for decades.

edit, yeah Alloa. Only one set piece goal.

Edited by D.A.F.C

26 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Pretty much,  they have allowed a couple of others to score but I still think the whole squad should be changing their name by deed poll.

I could get on board with this kinda patter. 

Btw lads we are undecided on the spacegoat as yet this season Muirhead and Roscoe seem to be the only contenders though. 

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Btw lads we are undecided on the spacegoat as yet this season Muirhead and Roscoe seem to be the only contenders though. 

Roscoe for me - his attempts at the first goal yesterday were frankly embarrassing and he defends like that continuously. The sooner he is out the side the better. 

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

No i think he looks just as good as Forrest if not slightly better

I agree he looks good but Forrest chipped in with a fair share of goals and assists. Last season he must have been up to 20 for goals and assists. (He was certainly into double digits for goals). I'll be delighted and amazed if we get that return out of Smith. 

I agree he looks good but Forrest chipped in with a fair share of goals and assists. Last season he must have been up to 20 for goals and assists. (He was certainly into double digits for goals). I'll be delighted and amazed if we get that return out of Smith. 
Especially if he achieves that in two months. I don't expect him here longer than that.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Playing Roscoe is always going to be a Hazzard.