how old are you ?!

old_years

15 hours ago, HI HAT said:

Was at hampden the night Joe Jordan  scored to take us to the world cup finals. Was one of 5 who were drawn out the hat at school and we went to Hampden with our maths teacher who was a referee at junior level. Free tickets. A great night. Think I was 14 at the time. Bloody hell , that was a life time ago.

The only World Cup Qualifier I went to was Cardiff in 1985, when Davie Cooper scored the penalty that got us to Mexico 86'

Ninian Park was an absolute dump, plenty of violence at the back of the terraces during the match & outside after. My old man sent me down to the front fence of the terracing for safety then Cooper scores and runs over, to where I've been sent 😀 the crush was scary. Cheers dad.

Obviously the night was overshadowed by Jock Stein sadly passing, but nobody really even knew anything of it until we got back to our digs, in Mountain Ash. We got back into the local boozer there to celebrate & the tv was on to break the news. A surreal, yet unforgettable night. 

22 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I can remember watching Whirlybirds & Champion The Wonder Horse on a Saturday morning on bbc 

And Boots and Saddles. The Adventures of Hiram Holliday. The Lone Ranger. The Long Way Home. Dixon of Dock Green before Jack Walker became a pensioner. 

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And Boots and Saddles. The Adventures of Hiram Holliday. The Lone Ranger. The Long Way Home. Dixon of Dock Green before Jack Walker became a pensioner. 

I remember The Lone Ranger repeats in the mornings & Dixon was maybe on a Saturday night? Think the others you mention are before my time though. 

6 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I remember The Lone Ranger repeats in the mornings & Dixon was maybe on a Saturday night? Think the others you mention are before my time though. 

Boots and Saddles and Whirlybirds were contemporaneous.

The Lone Ranger came on after Grandstand as I recall it.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Typo

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Bootsie and Snudge.