Queens v Alloa

Get in!

Looked a bit more confident today, but then again not the greatest show from Alloa.

Lots of folk on P&B (mostly fans of other clubs) were slagging off Gibson for his age, being past it etc. but I thought he put in a great shift - looks fit, loads of energy, determination to win key tackles and no little guile when required.

To be fair to the players we very rarely say this about Alloa, but that was utter shite. They were disjointed and sluggish from the start, couldn't keep possession and the set pieces were horrendous too. Unrecognisable from the last league game. Certainly didn't see a performance like that coming and rather worrying. QoS very deserving winners. 

Good stream too with knowledgeable and fair commentators. 

Edited by Waspie

Just now, Flash said:

Not a classic but a win is a win. 
Dobbie should get an assist for agreeing not to take the free-kick. 

Ha, ha. It looked for all the world like he was going to pull rank with it. 

What a strike though. The keeper had no chance.

Hard watching today, really poor performance.

Conceding 10 goals in 4 games is worrying. Robbo has struggled defensively this season and we are letting too many crosses into the box from his side, we really need to try and get Jamieson up to speed and Taggart back to RB.

As others have said and we all know, we are seriously lacking upfront. We didn’t look like a threat at all today, three or four times there was a loose ball in the box and we were nowhere near it. I think it’s time we started to see more from Scougall as well, i’d like to see him have more of an impact on games than we’ve seen so far.

Something has to change quickly - i’m not expecting much from the Hearts game next week but we really need to come out of the Ayr and Arbroath games with points.

Good coverage by QoS, well worth the £10.

9 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Get in!

Looked a bit more confident today, but then again not the greatest show from Alloa.

Lots of folk on P&B (mostly fans of other clubs) were slagging off Gibson for his age, being past it etc. but I thought he put in a great shift - looks fit, loads of energy, determination to win key tackles and no little guile when required.

Gibson has been our best player so far this season, imo. 

Happy with a win, feel like we should have scored more though. Not sure the ref had a good game, should have had a penalty in the first half, there was an obvious push in Maxwell's back that lead to an Alloa shot first half as well, then a missed elbow on Fitzpatrick.

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

...... and keeping up with the positive vibes today ....... that's us now equalled Brechin's points tally in their record breaking Championship season ...... 👍

I'll be more positive when we've passed it. 

Well we certainly needed that one!  Been a long time in the coming.

Over the piece I think we deserved the win despite not playing particularly well.  Gibson put in a good shift and I though Maxwell was excellent, keen to push forward and have  a go but also there at the back when needed.  Jack in goal, although not really tested looked comfortable with anything that came his way.  Fitzpatrick has got plenty pace to burn when he gets the chance.  What a strike from McKee!  No saving that one, and it looks like we now have options for freekicks outside the box.  Good also to see goals coming from throughout the the team.

Has to be said though, Alloa offered little threat upfront.  On 2-3 occasions they could have had the break of loose balls in the box but they had no one to capitalise.  Better side could have made us sweat at times.

However, lets enjoy the win.  We've waited a while for it.

Really poor from us today, never seemed to get started in the first half, but well deserved win for QoS.

Looked pretty clear foul on Graham for the 1st goal, but felt the clash of heads should have been a penalty so probably balanced out. Free kick for the 2nd was superb.

Think the fact they played almost everything down the flanks really restricted any chance of Dick and Robbo getting forward to support, and resulted in us playing a lot of uncharacteristic long balls. Massively missing the pace up front that O’Hara brought last season.

Think Scougall and/or Connelly need to come in to the starting line going forward.

Really good coverage on the stream, and definitely worth £10, really liked the odd replay as well during the coverage and thought the commentary was also very good.

Thought it was a comfortable win. Defence played much better albeit less attacking team than usual. Impressed how Gibson has turned out. Need to be more clinical in our finishing (and that includes Dobbie). Someone needs a quiet chat with Trouten.

Edited by sneeuq

52 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

Thought it was a comfortable win. Defence played much better albeit less attacking team than usual. Impressed how Gibson has turned out. Need to be more clinical in our finishing (and that includes Dobbie). Someone needs a quiet chat with Trouten.

Wullie Gibson has been our most consistent player this season. Although Maxwell seems to get better every game.

Joe McKee was our best today though. Ran the show.

19 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Get in!

I would say he did as good a job marking Dom Thomas as any natural full back he's come up against this season.  Looks like he's looked after himself over the years.

Very solid all round performance and a thoroughly deserved win. Alloa were noticeably weaker than they have been in recent years but may have been a “one off”. For me little to choose between Gibson, Maxwell, McKee and Shields for MOM.

The team largely picks itself but the No 10 role or “supporting striker” role is the one that is probably up for grabs. Joseph took his goal at QP brilliantly but the game passed him by yesterday and I haven’t seen enough of him to pass judgement. East and Goss are other candidates. East has had a significant amount of game time and hasn’t really been fully convincing. Goss hasn’t had too many opportunities but despite missing a couple of great chances there are aspects of his game that look promising.

Need to build on this as there was plenty to like about some of our attacking play yesterday.