Israel v Scotland - 18 / 11 / 2020

Israel will still be pissed off we beat them in the semis of the play offs. 

The Czechs will win tonight and probably win on Wednesday. So suddenly we need to win on Wed night at a difficult venue. 

Clarke has done a very good job but I think we should have gone ALL out to win today. I get you cannot play all the players across 3 games. That plus we were unlucky today. Deserved at least a point. 

At least it makes for an interesting evening....

Just now, welldaft said:

The Czechs will win tonight and probably win on Wednesday. So suddenly we need to win on Wed night at a difficult venue. 

Clarke has done a very good job but I think we should have gone ALL out to win today. I get you cannot play all the players across 3 games. That plus we were unlucky today. Deserved at least a point. 

If we don't top the group I will be disappointed but I will not let it disappoint me too much as we finally are going to a major tournament again.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
6 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:
i thought israel were pretty good second half, i hope they rest a few as they are out

What do you mean out? They perhaps need to win to avoid relegation...plenty for them to play for

ye sorry, i meant out of the running for promotion, i asked earlier what kind of side the slovaks and israelis will put out on wednesday. it'll be interesting

9 minutes ago, welldaft said:

We clearly went all out to win today. I could understand if we rung the changes and played poorly, but we were by far the better team throughout.

Just now, craigkillie said:

We clearly went all out to win today. I could understand if we rung the changes and played poorly, but we were by far the better team throughout.

i also dont think the slovaks will be easy for the czechs either. 2 draws wouldnt surprise me

Just now, craigkillie said:

Now that's just not true. I'm not second guessing Clarke's selection, and I'm not disputing the team we picked played well and was the better side over the piece (not sure we were "by far" the better side but whatever).

But it wasn't our best eleven and that's a fact. Dykes was suspended and Robertson injured but the other 6 changes he made were largely by choice. Not saying it made any odds but he didn't have to change the keeper for instance. I know we played 120 hard minutes on Thursday but he made far more changes to a first eleven than he absolutely needed to make. How many changes did Slovakia make from their team that got through on Thursday?

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Now that's just not true. I'm not second guessing Clarke's selection, and I'm not disputing the team we picked played well and was the better side over the piece (not sure we were "by far" the better side but whatever).

But it wasn't our best eleven and that's a fact. Dykes was suspended and Robertson injured but the other 6 changes he made were largely by choice. Not saying it made any odds but he didn't have to change the keeper for instance. I know we played 120 hard minutes on Thursday but he made far more changes to a first eleven than he absolutely needed to make. How many changes did Slovakia make from their team that got through on Thursday?

I'm not going to criticise clarke but I did think it was too many changes , to be fair , if mcburnie , armstrong or griffiths take at least one of their chances we wouldnt need to mention it

Edited by DanMc99