ICT vs Raith Rovers, 21/11/2020

6 hours ago, RiG said:

Whilst we are certainly not Barcelona or Man City our playing style recently has been excellent. What a difference from the high balls battered up to White last season and, to some extent, Toddy this campaign.

ETA: Goals from yesterday. As per usual the camera on the other side of the ground offers much better quality than the Pixellot effort.

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

SPFL provided us with match footage this afternoon so here is a highlights package. 

The difference in the quality of the pictures is, shall we say, depressing. The wide frame, and blurry, Pixellot stream gives me a headache. The operator seems to have quickly gotten up to speed on keeping the action centered, but at such a remote distance as to make enjoyable viewing difficult.

We've had multi camera highlights for years now. The boy Andy (I think his name is) does a great job. 

That's what is pissing us all off. We have this guy giving us a really good highlight package every home game, but they go down the pixellot route. 

It's to do with streaming it apparently, you'd need a good Internet connection over the far side of the pitch, which I doubt their will be. 

4 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

ICT are also taking the piss, not allowing us to video the game and produce our own package.

Don't really have a problem with that personally. Kdy is in tier 3, Inverness is in tier 1. People shouldn't be travelling up there unless it's really necessary, and videoing a game when the opposition is already doing so isn't really necessary. 

No reason at all for both clubs to be doing highlights.

To be honest it’s absolutely ridiculous that the Raith TV guys travel all over the country for a two minute video clip of our assistant manager after the game.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

No reason at all for both clubs to be doing highlights.

To be honest it’s absolutely ridiculous that the Raith TV guys travel all over the country for a two minute video clip of our assistant manager after the game.

highlights are created so our fans can see parts of the game. Enough people view them to suggest simply telling them to go somewhere else 50% of the time and waiting for another club to post them isn’t the best course of action. You’ll notice that every time we have been at a game on a Saturday for sometime, or have been supplied footage by a club directly after a game, our highlights package has been up at the earliest possible opportunity to allow our supporters who could not make or view a game for whatever reason to catch up on the action. We also try to obtain this HD footage for historical reasons (goal of the season for example).

Volunteers can sometimes carry out a number of roles if they attend a match when numbers are limited.

Edited by Roath Raver

highlights are created so our fans can see parts of the game. Enough people view them to suggest simply telling them to go somewhere else 50% of the time and waiting for another club to post them isn’t the best course of action. You’ll notice that every time we have been at a game on a Saturday for sometime, or have been supplied footage by a club directly after a game, our highlights package has been up at the earliest possible opportunity to allow our supporters who could not make or view a game for whatever reason to catch up on the action. We also try to obtain this HD footage for historical reasons (goal of the season for example).
Volunteers can sometimes carry out a number of roles if they attend a match when numbers are limited.

Not a criticism of the guys that do it at all, that might’ve come across more personal than intended. I’ll try again.

In a context where family by law can’t travel fifteen minutes to visit each other and thousands of businesses across the country are forcibly shut, I doubt you’d have too many agreeing a little clip of Paul Smith’s thoughts on a Raith Rovers defeat in Inverness (or indeed any other duties carried out by those that travelled) is ‘essential’.

And ICT TV coming to Starks would come under the same bracket (I’ve no idea if they were there). And Dee TV at Somerset, or Morton TV at Gayfield.

The highlights are noticeably poorer this week because Raith TV weren’t there, but these aren’t normal times and that’s just the way it has to be. And yet they were still edited and online very quickly. That’s terrific and as ever I’m sure hugely appreciated by those that didn’t see the game.

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

And ICT TV coming to Starks would come under the same bracket (I’ve no idea if they were there). And Dee TV at Somerset, or Morton TV at Gayfield.

If they were they kept it quiet as the only highlights for that game have come from Raith TV.

9 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

ICT are also taking the piss, not allowing us to video the game and produce our own package.

I'd have thought that common or garden covid related risk assessments should prevail when judging the necessity or even efficacy of each task that requires transport. Eliminating the risk is always the best option. That you seem to have completely overlooked this aspect is enough for me to invite you to reconsider your very harsh summing up of ICT's role in this matter.

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's to do with streaming it apparently, you'd need a good Internet connection over the far side of the pitch, which I doubt their will be. 

The club have broadcasted matches live from that side of stadium before to overseas fans.  The reason they've gone for Pixellot is because it's cheap and requires little effort.

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The club have broadcasted matches live from that side of stadium before to overseas fans.  The reason they've gone for Pixellot is because it's cheap and requires little effort.

It's backfired on them pretty sharpish too, having to presumably now pay someone to operate it.

Posted this elsewhere more than a week ago. 

Could it be done from home is the question?

With travel restrictions becoming law from Friday will the Raith TV guys be able to travel to away games?
They provide a voluntary service so under the following jurisdiction they may be allowed to?

Travel for work, or to provide voluntary or charitable services, falls into this category but "only where that cannot be done from your home".

Cheap is a relative term. The outlay for the club will be £0 but then their potential to generate money from streaming is vastly reduced compared to doing the streaming themselves.

Given they already have a camera guy with most, if not all, the equipment required it seems a bit of an odd choice.

Going with pixellot certainly would require less effort

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

And it shows! If I were an ICT fan, I would be rioting over that quality of coverage...as a ST holder, I’d be considering a firebombing.

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Cheap is a relative term. The outlay for the club will be £0 but then their potential to generate money from streaming is vastly reduced compared to doing the streaming themselves.

Given they already have a camera guy with most, if not all, the equipment required it seems a bit of an odd choice.

Going with pixellot certainly would require less effort

The club have prided themselves on media stuff.  I might be wrong, but I think the club got fibre cables installed a couple of years ago partly to help with online streaming.  As I said, the club have streamed games properly before on their website and an U20 game on YouTube.  They also broadcasted a women's game from Millburn Academy (I think) the other week.  They have more than enough equipment to do a proper broadcast and more than enough fans who'd be happy to help out - they just don't want to.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

And it shows! If I were an ICT fan, I would be rioting over that quality of coverage...as a ST holder, I’d be considering a firebombing.

The club's social media was inundated with complaints and I know of quite a few people who emailed the club complaining - all of whom received no reply.  I did hear of people complaining directly to Pixellot on Saturday when the stream didn't work and getting a quite a blunt message back.  The only acknowledgment we've had from the club is the CEO saying it 'was better than people said' and seemed to think the whole camera-following-the-linesman's-head stuff was hilarious and that's before we've gotten onto talking about the commentator...

Edited by Highland Capital