Tier 4 - Restrictions.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

You on the committee by any chance Alan?

Have you asked all the EoSFL players how they feel on the matter?

If you were a player at this or any above level  why would you want to play on a Saturday afternoon in front of naebody especially wi nae facilities when the whole country is being stopped from doing normal day to day things. 

Have the leagues contacted clubs to find out how the players actually are feeling about playing?

Maybes then you could state players and teams want to play instead of abusing folk who have a different opinion to yourself without knowing the full facts. 

Same questions to you ...

46 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm not making any argument has the EoSFL been in touch to ask clubs if they want to carry on ?

You seem assured clubs do.

To the best of my knowledge, the EoS have not engaged with clubs/players to clarify current opinion or concerns.

Folk saying we should play on until the government bans it - honestly, we're reaching the stage where I'd be embarrassed if they need to make legislation to stop football at this level. We shouldn't need told what to do, it should be obvious enough by now.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

You on the committee by any chance Alan?

Have you asked all the EoSFL players how they feel on the matter?

If you were a player at this or any above level  why would you want to play on a Saturday afternoon in front of naebody especially wi nae facilities when the whole country is being stopped from doing normal day to day things. 

Have the leagues contacted clubs to find out how the players actually are feeling about playing?

Maybes then you could state players and teams want to play instead of abusing folk who have a different opinion to yourself without knowing the full facts. 

Just for you @falkirktv

No I'm not on the committee.

I am not the one getting worked up whether the EoSFL can continue or not.

If I was a player yes it would concern me not having proper facilities,crowds to play under. At the end of day clubs are reviewed for licensing and I dont think getting changed on the terraces covers that.

I dont know if the leagues have contacted clubs but looks like  @Burnie_man has answered that one above.

I am not the one abusing folk for not having the same opinion. 

For what it's worth whether it continues or not watching streams are just not the same and not for me.

Hope this answers your concerns.

22 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Folk saying we should play on until the government bans it - honestly, we're reaching the stage where I'd be embarrassed if they need to make legislation to stop football at this level. We shouldn't need told what to do, it should be obvious enough by now.

Yes play on lol

2 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Am not giving anyone a hard time...

just wondered as a lot of people speaking for players who’re more than capable of speaking for themselves and ain’t shy when not happy

That's why I asked @AlanCamelonfan why he was so sure players wanted to play on and whether the league had actually been in contact wi clubs.

18 minutes ago, the tin man said:

See all these folk that want football stopped when do they presume it should start again. When were all vaccinated or in 3 weeks which is pointless.

When there are far, far fewer infections around, same as before. Could be February, could be March, hopefully not later than that. We can't foresee the rate at which it will come down.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

To the best of my knowledge, the EoS have not engaged with clubs/players to clarify current opinion or concerns.

By its nature, would that not have happened when teams had their joint meeting with EoS at the end October/November, when teams had the chance to pullout of the league at that time? I would have thought (I don’t know answer) that Chairs/Presidents of teams would have discussed the matter with the squad at that time!?

21 minutes ago, GordonS said:

When there are far, far fewer infections around, same as before. Could be February, could be March, hopefully not later than that. We can't foresee the rate at which it will come down.

Gordon. You know that not all people in Scotland will be vaccinated in February and or March! The likelihood is that those in vulnerable groups will not all be vaccinated until May at earliest. Then the Government will look at those under 50 and not vulnerable to be vaccinated. So if could be this time next year before all adults (not children) are vaccinated. Remember that Children can’t or won’t be vaccinated at this time (no treatment at moment, if I am correct), but can still pass on COVID to adults.

6 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

When is that going to happen lithgierose? Who has got the crystal ball?>

6 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

When is that going to happen lithgierose? Who has got the crystal ball?>

Nothing to do with crystal balls.there is a vaccine/s. Get folk safe. Then concentrate on non urgent things, like kicking a baw about. 

10 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Nothing to do with crystal balls.there is a vaccine/s. Get folk safe. Then concentrate on non urgent things, like kicking a baw about. 

And there is the issue! We have the vaccine/S - two anyway with a third which will now be considered by the Government.

The crystal ball is still valid, and you can agree or disagree, I don’t mind! But when or who decides when it is safe? When all those over50s and those in the vulnerable categories, like me, who from March until August and still follow the Medical advice/letters/texts issued by the Scottish Government. OR when every Adult who wants the vaccine gets it he jab, OR is it still not safe because of those adults who do not want / will not want  the vaccine because there is no scientific evidence of what the long term effects this will have or if it leads in infertility (unknown at moment?). 

So when will it be safe to start football again - serious question! 

9 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

And there is the issue! We have the vaccine/S - two anyway with a third which will now be considered by the Government.

The crystal ball is still valid, and you can agree or disagree, I don’t mind! But when or who decides when it is safe? When all those over50s and those in the vulnerable categories, like me, who from March until August and still follow the Medical advice/letters/texts issued by the Scottish Government. OR when every Adult who wants the vaccine gets it he jab, OR is it still not safe because of those adults who do not want / will not want  the vaccine because there is no scientific evidence of what the long term effects this will have or if it leads in infertility (unknown at moment?). 

So when will it be safe to start football again - serious question! 

When the sg says. Right you can start playing and watching football.