St Johnstone v Motherwell, 21/11/20

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't watch then. Every single week there's fans on here and Twitter bleating as if we're strong arming them into giving up their life savings to watch a match that's easily viewable for nothing.

Its a whole fiver more than Motherwell charge.

I've also not seen a single complaint that Celtic arent even offering PPV to away fans.

Why would anyone complain about Celtic's arrangements on a St. Johnstone v Motherwell thread? I'm sure there were complaints on our thread when we played them at the beginning of the season.

St. Johnstone have taken a different pricing approach to Motherwell which is their prerogative. I'm undecided at the moment whether I'll watch it, very similar to my thoughts to attending this fixture (pre-virus) - I'll go to some and not others depending on what else I've got going on.

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

St. Johnstone have taken a different pricing approach to Motherwell which is their prerogative. .

Which is what we're forced to explain at every home game when opposition fans spend more time complaining about the pricing than talking about the game.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The BBC have just announced that 11 of the under-21's have to self-isolate so there's a pretty good chance he'll be one of them.

Thisll sound worse than I'm intending, but it would be great news for us if Campbell is out.

Don't think you have anyone else who can get beyond the strikers, but also do so much defensively, unless O'Hara puts in his one stormer a season.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Thisll sound worse than I'm intending, but it would be great news for us if Campbell is out.

Don't think you have anyone else who can get beyond the strikers, but also do so much defensively, unless O'Hara puts in his one stormer a season.

Maybe we can follow Kilmarnock and St Mirren lead and say we dont have enought players to play the match. The worst case would be the game being postponed (apparently).

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

O'Hara is likely to be playing at centre-half so that's unlikely.

I'm hoping he replaces Campbell and Lamie comes in at CB.

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

O'Hara is likely to be playing at centre-half so that's unlikely.

If Campbell is out then Maguire could be too, O’Hara and Grimmy to step into midfield and Bevis or Lamie in defence I would think

I hope we charge £25 for the Betfred Cup game next week just so RG can agree with the approach that it is closer to match day pricing. 

Before u respond. I am aware both clubs will probably need to agree a cost. bet you it is less than £17.50. 

Also I get why St Johnstone are doing it. But if I was a business I would want to raise as much revenue as possible and most fans of the top flight agree £15+ is simply not worth it. 

Pity if the Lanarkshire Kante is missing. Plus Maguire. 2 of our starting midfielders. I guess that would answer the Q does O Hara move back to midfield. 

Just now, welldaft said:

I hope we charge £25 for the Betfred Cup game next week just so RG can agree with the approach that it is closer to match day pricing. 

Also I get why St Johnstone are doing it. But if I was a business I would want to raise as much revenue as possible and most fans of the top flight agree £15+ is simply not worth it. 

Where have I said anything about it "being closer to matchday pricing"?

St Johnstones sole reasoning for the pricing seems to be to make sure that season ticket holders, who purchased tickets before this season had even been clarified, weren't going to be "out of pocket" compared to PPV customers. 

You can all bitch/scream/mewl all you want, but its incredible anyone can criticise a club for that approach. 

As for the "lower prices brings more income" argument, that's been proven as false throughout the multiple "pay what you want" events held in Scottish football over the years.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

How many Scottish U21 internationalists will be isolating in the Saint Johnstone camp?

Thankfully all our Internationals are *Irish, so they've avoiding the bubonic Scottish youth sides.

13 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Campbell and McGuire have been back training with the squad. Our whole squad could end up having to isolate over this. Aberdeen are probably in a similar boat and no doubt a good few others. This could be huge.

Motherwell follow protocols so training with the squad should not lead to contacts.