St Johnstone v Motherwell, 21/11/20

4 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

With 7 of them being cleared by the front post area man from below neck height. 

With the other one landing 10 to 12 yards deep of back post. 

We have had 4, 5 & 6 corners in the last 3 games, you know what that means

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

LINEUP111605894459013.thumb.png.a020d38177469ff6a510b4ea8439074e.png

For me. May isn't going to win headers v Gallagher etc., so having Conway spend 90 minutes pumping balls into the box isn't a good gameplay IMO.

If McCann isn't right then Bryson goes in there.

This is the team I want to start as well, same as G.1884 I'd maybe have Conway in there ahead of Spoony as he's been more influential the past couple of games, but happy either way.

Other than maybe goal keeper I wouldn’t change anything for us. 

I think both of us will be competing for 5th come the end of the season so today will be a good test. I’ll be delighted if Saints don’t start Conway tbh. I’ve always rated him.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

I always have a bad feeling when playing these c***s, ever since that Enkleman masterclass at hampden. We have beaten them many times since then but I still get  that wee feeling. Definite game to avoid on the coupon. 

Plus I've noticed that 50% of their goals this season have come around a set piece delivery into the box towards the back post.

Zander Clark flapping masterclass inbound.

Other than maybe goal keeper I wouldn’t change anything for us. 

I think both of us will be competing for 5th come the end of the season so today will be a good test. I’ll be delighted if Saints don’t start Conway tbh. I’ve always rated him.
He will start.

If I had a preference I would rather take the 3 points today than win the Betfred game next week. 

Always nice to win a cup - as if we have won many in the past 30 years.  With the absence of fans it is less likely to be a money spinner for clubs. 

However finishing 5th rather than say 7th is worth an extra 6 figures and most probably entry to Europa Conference League. I still think 5th is probably between Motherwell and Kilmarnock but also St Johnstone if they can be a bit more consistent. So today IS a big game for both teams. 

Thanks to the canx St Mirren and Killie games it has meant we have had two less winnable games before playing Celtic. Although our results v non old firm teams have been good. 4 wins and no goals conceded it feels as if we lose today our season lack of momentum will continue to be a constant hindrance. 

Will O Hara drop back into midfield and Mugabi come back in to defence ? Will Tony Watt push for a very unlikely Scotland squad place by starting an incredible goal scoring spree right up until the summer. Will Gallacher and SOD continue their Scotland form or their Motherwell form, which has not been as impressive. 

I will sit on the fence with a 1-1 draw. 

Edited by welldaft

Plus I've noticed that 50% of their goals this season have come around a set piece delivery into the box towards the back post.
Zander Clark flapping masterclass inbound.
I thought we'd do quite well from set-pieces this season but we've been surprisingly ineffective.

This game is being advertised as being £17.50 which I think is the same as the recent Livingston game which had a lot of people saying they were prepared to pay that much - not seeing that this time round for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I thought we'd do quite well from set-pieces this season but we've been surprisingly ineffective.

This game is being advertised as being £17.50 which I think is the same as the recent Livingston game which had a lot of people saying they were prepared to pay that much - not seeing that this time round for whatever reason.

Livi charge £20.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I will be looking for a dodgy link.

The Livi Game was on Alba an hour after it finished so easy to watch. Folk may have to bite the bullet with this.

I’ve reconciled the fact that I would have driven to this, paid £20+, bought a pie and sat in the cold versus a higher than average £17.50 on the couch with a drink. It sort of balances out.

Although twice in the past two years Burrows has been outside giving away comps to a lucky few fans and I took full advantage, if he wants to pass me his credit card details for this one it will be like old times.

You'd think we were asking Motherwell fans to hand over their house keys to watch the game ffs.

Its £17.

Edited by RandomGuy.

21 minutes ago, Desp said:

It's St. Johnstone.

Don't watch then. Every single week there's fans on here and Twitter bleating as if we're strong arming them into giving up their life savings to watch a match that's easily viewable for nothing.

Its a whole fiver more than Motherwell charge.

I've also not seen a single complaint that Celtic arent even offering PPV to away fans.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't watch then. Every single week there's fans on here and Twitter bleating as if we're strong arming them into giving up their life savings to watch a match that's easily viewable for nothing.

Its a whole fiver more than Motherwell charge.

I've also not seen a single complaint that Celtic arent even offering PPV to away fans.

Very sensitive RG

Taking a step back. £17 is not much more than paying to see the game in the flesh back in the day. The streams I have watched have been average at best. 

We are in a midst of a pandemic where literally millions myself included have been made redundant. I am fortunate and can easily afford the £17 but even though it is only £5 more it is the principal. Were it same as Motherwell charge I would have paid. I saw similar backlash v Livi. Pricing is very important and anything over £15 is too much. 

I will watch Soccer Saturday. 

11 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Very sensitive RG

Taking a step back. £17 is not much more than paying to see the game in the flesh back in the day. The streams I have watched have been average at best. 

We are in a midst of a pandemic where literally millions myself included have been made redundant. I am fortunate and can easily afford the £17 but even though it is only £5 more it is the principal. Were it same as Motherwell charge I would have paid. I saw similar backlash v Livi. Pricing is very important and anything over £15 is too much. 

I will watch Soccer Saturday. 

The "principle" is St Johnstone making sure PPV is more expensive than a season ticket, not pandering to opposition fans who set their own mythical "acceptable" price that changes weekly.