Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

9 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Those are the league rules under Covid - 19 streaming.

No they arent. Away team gets no money from streamed league games. No idea why you would think they would. That makes no sense.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Home team gets 57.5% after VAT, visitors get 42.5%.

.... in cup matches, not league ones. League games = home team 100%.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 hours ago, HoustonRover said:

Bit pat shan to increase the price. I’ve got the season pass personally so not arsed but poor form IMO.

That said couple of townies near greeting over 2 bar is a minter.

I agree it’s a bit shan (not heard that word in a while) bumping the price up £2. Also agree that it’s fairly poor form to be moaning about a £2 increase given the circumstances. 

Normally I’d be right up for a moan over a £2 price increase for games but set against this background of COVID-19, Tiered restrictions, and all that goes along with that, it just seems a bit much.

I like the fact that I can watch games online but it’s not the same as actually being at the game. Still, given most folk usually pay way more than £14 to go to a game, especially away fans, it does seem a bit petty squabbling over £2 this time.

All. Over. The place.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Then you broke the rules. Its not allowed.

You're wrong here. I spoke to the SPFL before our game and they told us it's ok for the league matches. Premier Sports have the sxclusive rights but the BBC are non-exclusive.

7 hours ago, Enigma said:

I just find it amusing that the Pars fans have gone full ‘boycott’ and talk of “exploitation” over a difference in price to the value of, what? A McDonald’s cheeseburger? A can of juice and a couple of bags of crisps? I’ve checked, you can’t even buy peanuts for £2...

4AB57125-1578-47A6-BE2C-5CB73417977C.thumb.jpeg.f7c972db36707622b92a371bb61fd933.jpeg

Salty nuts. Is this a reference to Pars fans on here?

17 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

You're wrong here. I spoke to the SPFL before our game and they told us it's ok for the league matches. Premier Sports have the sxclusive rights but the BBC are non-exclusive.

I've deleted the post while I look into this but that is not my understanding.

Not unexpected but still a bit shitty by the Rovers IMO, I'll still pay for the game, just the way it's been done that smacks of trying to make a bit more buck, unfortunately looks like by trying to charge an extra £2 the club will ultimately lose out in the long run. 

Hopefully (but not holding my breath) someone will see sense and put the price back down to £12, can totally understand why some (especially the away fans) would be up in arms over this, yes it may well have been tiered pricing for league games but we're not getting into the ground, streaming in your home comes nowhere near close to the actual atmosphere that would have been created should fans have been allowed in, that may well have justified a £2 increase.

Edited by keyser_soze

Certainly appears the ban on ppv only applies to Sky and Premier, not BBC. Stand corrected. Apologies [mention=40089]CallumPar[/mention]

Hard to follow all of the temporary rules this season. No need to apologise. We’ve all got things wrong before! Streaming within UK is obviously new for all of us this season and I think we had to enquire about whether we could stream that game. I would have assumed we couldn’t as well, until we made the announcement.

The Rovers board clearly saw that things were far too nice and civil on this thread and decided to f**k shit up.

It's worked as well, and has got the cliches and tropes back on track.

In protest of this outrage, and in honour of BMMMH, I shall be climbing a drainpipe at Starks on Saturday to see the game for free.

Edited by DA Baracus

P.S.

Jimmy Nicholl is a fanny, Gordon Dalziel is a flange, Scott Y Thomson is a tit, John McGlynn is a jakey, John Baird is a fandan, Roary is a travesty and Lewis Vaughan is a chocolate kneed chodbin.

John Hughes should be mayor of Kirkcaldy, which is a bin.

Edited by DA Baracus

I'm guessing whoever it was on our board who came up with the idea of the price increase has no idea how easy it is to find free streams of most of the games.

Doesn't affect me cause I've got my season ticket, but can understand why it's pissed Pars fans off.  I've paid for every away PPV so far but if one of the teams randomly put their price up for no reason I'd probably tell them to go f**k themselves and find a free stream too

P.S.
Jimmy Nicholl is a fanny, Gordon Dalziel is a flange, Scott Y Thomson is a tit, John McGlynn is a jakey, John Baird is a fandan, Roary is a travesty and Lewis Vaughan is a chocolate kneed chodbin.
John Hughes should be mayor of Kirkcaldy, which is a bin.
I worked with Dalziels brother, he was a flange as well.

I don’t know about other Pars fans, but the issue about the PPV pricing isn’t merely about £2. I think, even as Fifers, we can all collectively agree that £2 is f**k all and nobody’s claiming it’s putting them in the gutter or meaning their sprogs go without Christmas presents etc.

The issue is, as some of the more reasonably-minded Rovers fans have pointed out, the principle of quietly bumping up the price because they think/know fans really want to see this game and will just accept it because the desire to see the game is far greater than two quid.

A slight increase probably wouldn’t have caused any debate if the club could justify it, and/or announce it in plenty time.

They’ve done neither.