Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

It’s an easy fix don’t pay to watch the game arguing over £2.00 🙈🙈 has it got that desperate that’s not even a cost of a pint, imagine what punters would have spent if you were actually going to the game . The Pars can charge exactly the same for the return fixture and it’s a win win for both clubs

What have Dunfermline fans done relating to money matters that makes them unable to comment on them compared to any other fans? 

Tsl, tsk, the reading and comprehension thing proven again. I didn't say unable. I said least well positioned. Of course you can comment. You always do. Predictably.

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
16 minutes ago, Grant228 said:
What have Dunfermline fans done relating to money matters that makes them unable to comment on them compared to any other fans? 

Tsl, tsk, the reading and comprehension thing proven again. I didn't say unable. I said least well positioned. Of course you can comment. You always do. Predictably.

Ya boring. 

You going to answer the question? 

36 minutes ago, basher brash said:

It’s an easy fix don’t pay to watch the game arguing over £2.00 🙈🙈 has it got that desperate that’s not even a cost of a pint, imagine what punters would have spent if you were actually going to the game . The Pars can charge exactly the same for the return fixture and it’s a win win for both clubs

This stupidity is why fans pay about £936 to see an OF game.

Reading and comprehension never really were your strong points Grant. I never said it was only Pars fans complaining, indeed I acknowledged in the same few lines that the club's position on the issue was wrong. The reference particular to Pars fans complaints relates to their "principled" whining whilst many in the same breath boast they will instead watch streams which are not strictly legal. And this from supporters least well positioned to assume moral high ground over any other fans on money matters. Hence, beyond parody. Did you pass English at school or are you still being taught?
How are we least well positioned?

Back to tiered pricing. In principle, while distasteful, tiered pricing make sense for games where fixed costs are higher (larger attendance, etc.), so I do wonder if there is a cost increase associated with the technical requirements of a (likely) much larger streaming audience (more capacity to validate and/or transact, etc.). If this is the case, an announcement immediately might slightly mitigate the PR disaster this is turning into.

Having said that, Morton have announced an increase to £16 (from £14) for their Hearts stream. I would also suggest it would be a more palatable increase if this was the sole Pars match at Stark’s this season, but it isn’t.

The quicker we all get vaccinated and get back to the games the better. I for one am fed up with sitting in my house watching a not to good picture of the team I support and whoever we are playing. Not the best but what alternative do we have just now. Roll on February when it's my turn to get the jab.

The quicker we all get vaccinated and get back to the games the better. I for one am fed up with sitting in my house watching a not to good picture of the team I support and whoever we are playing. Not the best but what alternative do we have just now. Roll on February when it's my turn to get the jab.

February for you eh? When does your alter ego Zico get his?

Raising the price for this game doesn,t sit particularly well with me and doesnt show our club in good light

Many of our supporters were quick to be critical of Dundees admission prices and Hearts two tier ticket prices in the past(when crowds were allowed in)

Outwith all other fund raising activities a lot of supporters contribute monthly donations to the club and our supporters along with opposing supporters which probably included some Pars fans donated to the Crowdfunding campaign that raised a 6 figure sum .Where we would be without this income is anyones guess but it would have been nice for our board to stick with the £12 as a kinda thank you

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

Aye, Fife Derbies at Starks are my favourite atmospheres, it'll be a crying shame that if there is a last minute winner etc you won't see the accompanying scenes. 

I’ll pay for the stream as not too fussed about £2,  I’ve been looking forward to the game and I recognise all clubs are stretched just now but there will be others who just won’t on principle and by the law of unintended consequences the money lost from those stealing free streams will be recovered by Rovers non season ticket holders paying the extra £2.

No one wins here

2 hours ago, steakngravy said:

The quicker we all get vaccinated and get back to the games the better.

Even though the vaccine is a scientific marvel, a genuine wonder of modern technology, the conspiracy theorists and FB virologists have caused enough of a fuss to ensure that it might not be enough just yet: a lot of polls, questionnaires etc are showing roughly 55% uptake, at best. Hopefully when push comes to shove these trolls are put back in their box and uptake becomes high enough to uplift the tier system in Scotland, with more emphasis on hygiene rater than the social distancing measures. Slightly off topic I know, but don't get your hopes up of this vaccine being the key to unlocking a normal life again any time soon. 

55 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Even though the vaccine is a scientific marvel, a genuine wonder of modern technology, the conspiracy theorists and FB virologists have caused enough of a fuss to ensure that it might not be enough just yet: a lot of polls, questionnaires etc are showing roughly 55% uptake, at best. Hopefully when push comes to shove these trolls are put back in their box and uptake becomes high enough to uplift the tier system in Scotland, with more emphasis on hygiene rater than the social distancing measures. Slightly off topic I know, but don't get your hopes up of this vaccine being the key to unlocking a normal life again any time soon. 

I think some of the loonballs will end up getting the vaccine once they see friends/family get it and being forced out of their blinkered thinking.   Hopefully enough to get us up to 75-80% uptake, which whilst not perfect should be enough to mean little restrictions.   If we don’t look like that sort up uptake is going to happen once we reach a point vaccines can be given to anyone who asks then some restrictions on unvaccinated will come in, probably  no traveling abroad, or at least without quarintine.  But also things like not being able to go to mass gatherings and at its tightest we could see what other countries have done for measles etc and no access to schools without vaccine.

Just watch the full time mums turn if a vaccine is the difference between getting their state sponsored child care and their trips to Benidorm. 

Do Raith have any scumbags in the squad this season? We’re needing a couple of right shit-stirrers to heat things up since the fans aren’t there to do it.

Closest thing we’ve got is McManus, who’s bound to wind up the opposition a bit but he’s pretty tame compared to Dougie Hill or Josh Falkingham.

Kevin O’Hara has previous, but we need some impairments for him to get things going.

Can't think of any controversial figures, but if Ugwu plays and scores, you'd imagine he'll be giving it the big 'un. Inciting riots levels of shithousery? We've probably got the players for that: McManus and O'Hara. Doubt both of them will start though. Crawford will, and should, stick to what has worked the past couple weeks. Dow and Thomas are just fucking exceptional when they click and, if they do right from the start, Raith better prepare for an intestinal cleansing of the ages.