Murrawell vs Perth (raging middle aged geeks and M&D holiday goers)

Busta Nut

I think the real winner here is Jake Hastie, he has played his career brilliantly, got a big pay day and will train with increasingly smaller teams until the contract runs out.  Couldn’t get a game today, well played sir.

Rooney has been great.
Yeah, easily his best performance so far. Looked comfortable as a "normal" right back. Hopefully he had another word with Euro 2020 star Tony Watt at the end.

Great to see MoH of old too. Worried that Motherwell might counter his threat more in the second half and we'd regret not taking advantage of the positions he got in to first half but never really happened. I know the Well fans will look at Lambie but to be honest he seemed pretty exposed. You always fancy MoH to do something when left one on one with full backs. Similar to Rooney, he looked more comfortable in his traditional role. I think some of the criticism he's taken recently has been OTT. Needs to find a way to fit in more to our usual shape though.

Overall, thought we were worth the win and played the better football. Looked shaky at set pieces but missing Davidson, Kerr and Tanser that's maybe understandable. Good to see Hendry on the score sheet too.

That's what 5-6 goals for Spoony plus assists? Think him and May are nailed starters in the forward areas for me.

Good result, well deserved.

Nice to see us be able to fall behind and come back with a couple of goals, as it's something we had been struggling with.  We carry a good threat going forward but I don't have a lot of faith in our defence to see out games comfortably like we used to be good at. Did okay in the end with quite a few changes in there.

Rooney growing in confidence and played well. Spoony always a threat and some great pressing by May. Delighted for Hendry, I like having his energy in the starting line up even if he can make poor decisions at times. But MOH was the man. Brilliant running to set up both goals. It looks like coming from a deeper starting position with space in front of him to run into suited his strengths.

Lower division team at home next please.

32 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Once again, I think our manager played a blinder. Does seem to be able to field a team that knows what it's doing even with key players out, can vary shape as required too. 

Can @RandomGuy. or someone else who knows the stats confirm when the last time was we went 10 games unbeaten?

Unofficial Twitter far better with them things than me...

13 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

1-2.

Well score first. Just like old times😁

Almost forgotten about that...

St Johnstone deserved to win. We deserved f**k all for starting Lamie over McGinley. That is a sackable offence for any Manager. 

Poor overall performance but it is the Micky Mouse cup after all. Would rather win in Scottish Cup and finish 5th. But play anything like that again and neither are happening this season. 

Have had some harsh words for Rooney and MOH since start of season so only fair to say both played well today. More of that please. Nice to see a couple of goals from close in after cut backs, wee break of ball for Hendry which we’ve no been getting. Be good to no get the inevitable draw in the next round.

Was Tony Watt that much of a p***k when he played for us? Bizarre vandetta with Rooney.

Another game I enjoyed watching saints. Very easy to watch them play this season. All happy to receive the ball and try a pass instead of a hoof.

All the players who have come in for the last two matches really grabbed their opportunity and will show to the manager that they are capable.

Really enjoyed seeing MoH go time and time again at that full back. Each time the defender dropped deeper and deeper.

Thought may had a terrific game up top and the flick to set up McCann deserved a goal.