Week 12

lichtie23

I wish but two games against NFC  East still to come so should get 2 wins there.  
Given how poor the 49ers have been in some of the games, I burst out laughing last night when they showed the "in the hunt" for the playoffs graphics with the 49ers on it. If they can win those 2 games against Washington and Dallas, 1 other win could see them sneak in with an 8-8 record.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:
11 hours ago, Jute said:
I wish but two games against NFC  East still to come so should get 2 wins there.  

Given how poor the 49ers have been in some of the games, I burst out laughing last night when they showed the "in the hunt" for the playoffs graphics with the 49ers on it. If they can win those 2 games against Washington and Dallas, 1 other win could see them sneak in with an 8-8 record.

Not going to happen but if we can sneak in then we might have Kittle and Ford back. Aiyuk should be back next week. Would be some achievement if we do and have fresh stars back for play offs. 

Edited by Jute

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Not going to watch the highlights but how did Mitch play? Done enough to give himself another chance at being the starter?

Some nice passes, couple of interceptions. Not gonna put too much blame on him as we were always chasing the game so had to push the boat out. Basically he was OK. The defense were the main culprits for the loss. No resistance whatsoever.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

On 29/11/2020 at 21:18, Fuctifano said:

The end of the Bills game was insane. Chargers got another hail Mary (which looked like a drop but the officials didn't review it) taking them to the 5 yard line, then decided to run with no timeouts (eh?) and got stuffed which took the clock to 6 seconds giving them no time to score twice. 

I've had nearly two days to think about this, and I still can't figure out what the hell the Chargers gameplan was. Still desperately trying to establish the run late in the 4th quarter when you are down by 2 scores. Peak Anthony Lynn.

The hand-off with  20 secs remaining was clearly a miscomm, as was Herbert trying to sneak it on the final play, but that entire series was a complete shambles, as was Lynn's clock management throughout the entire game, yet again.

Running the ball from the 5 with an expiring clock, wasting TO's to save 5 yards on a short field punt, running the FG unit on to the field with 6 seconds to play only to run them off again... it's all completely baffling. It beggars belief that this is a well-paid fully professional coaching staff. Somebody on r/Chargers said it best - it's exactly like watching a 6 year old play Madden.

Kit watch - the Steelers go with the Colour Rush all-black with yellow stripes and numbers.  Pretty cool.  Ravens are in their standard away kit of white/black - would maybe have liked to see them in white troosers for the proper contrast with Pittsburgh.