Euro 21 (22) Qualifiers

Lurkst

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

That goal was ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
6 minutes ago, GordonS said:
What's funny?

That goal was very funny regardless of who was involved.

True, but in the circumstances it was a kick in the gut.

When you're having a bad week you can always rely on Scotland to make it worse.

A very good squad, top seeds, not a particularly tough group, top two good enough, Euros just down the road in England and we're out with two games to spare. It's completely unacceptable and the management have to go.

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Curse of our men qualifying.

U21s f**k up from winning position
Senior Team f**k up from Group A winning condition.
Our Ladies have fucked up their last 3 games from a very good position...

Oh well....

Yeah, since Belgrade it's been a trail of broken dreams. 

I watched most of this game on my phone. First women’s international I’ve watched since the World Cup. How the f**k did they manage to lose that. The goal was keystone cops stuff. Brutal. I think they are even more frustrating to watch than the men.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Will we ever score again?

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Looks to me that Scotland have lost the ability to score....

Real lack of confidence when we get into position to shoot.

Can’t believe for all the attacking riches that we’ve got we’ve now went 3 games without scoring. The likes of Cuthbert, Little, Evans, Weir and we looked devoid of ideas 😞

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Can’t believe for all the attacking riches that we’ve got we’ve now went 3 games without scoring. The likes of Cuthbert, Little, Evans, Weir and we looked devoid of ideas 😞

Brutal.  No doubt they'll be blasting them in for TeamGB at the Olympics next year 😖

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Honest question. Given the part time nature of the Scotland job, could Steve Clarke, with some fill in support not do both jobs, or do we think he would lose focus?

Don’t think he’d touch it with a barge pole tbh, plus he’s been mentioned in among the names for the Celtic job if Lennon goes

Just looking back over previous qualifying campaigns and i can only find one other time that a pot 1 team has finished third - Denmark behind Switzerland and Iceland for 2015 World Cup. It’s incredibly disappointing to not being qualifying this time, especially when we have a squad that can realistically do well at a finals.

Don’t think he’d touch it with a barge pole tbh, plus he’s been mentioned in among the names for the Celtic job if Lennon goes

Be interested to see if he would be keen to move on before the Euro finals.

However I agree with the poster above that there’s real potential in this women’s team that isn’t being exploited, and being coached by a top quality coach could do real wonders....

44 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Brutal.  No doubt they'll be blasting them in for TeamGB at the Olympics next year 😖

That just made me sick up in my mouth.

36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip especially if Kerr gets the management gig 

speaking of Kerr, I see a lot of twitter posts wanting her to be replaced. Who the fck would we get to replace her, Phil Neville? 😑

I think there would be a lot of good interest and good candidates. You might get club managers from England, or men looking to launch a career (Steven Thompson?) or former players (Gemma Fay?) or a current Scottish club manager (Scott Booth? Eddie Wolecki Black?).

A change is definitely needed though, I can't see any manager in Shelley Kerr's position turning it round from here.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

That just made me sick up in my mouth.

I think there would be a lot of good interest and good candidates. You might get club managers from England, or men looking to launch a career (Steven Thompson?) or former players (Gemma Fay?) or a current Scottish club manager (Scott Booth? Eddie Wolecki Black?).

A change is definitely needed though, I can't see any manager in Shelley Kerr's position turning it round from here.

Jeez none of those names fill me with hope. Maybe Kerr will get a reprieve and use the “covid isolation” as distributing plans and not being able to influence the game by being there (yes I know she would have been in contact during the game but it’s  nit the same)

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

One positive is that the World Cup is now only a year after the Euros. And I see it's been expanded to 32 teams so hopefully easier to qualify for if we can work out how to score.

The not being able to score line would be acceptable if we were like the men’s team and didn’t have quality players upfront. I’d say in players like Cuthbert, Little, Weir, Evans and to a lesser extent Ross we should be scoring every game we play in a qualifying group like the one we were in