Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Playoff Final 2026

Spoiler

VJHeWUZ.png

Fucking beautiful.

We were outplayed, but managed to take our chances. Thank f**k that San Marino has such a weird league system and we can win the title after finishing 10th :lol:

The January transfers were huge, we simply would not have won the title without them. 

In any case, the jobs done, and we're champions.

SXW2Gk1.png

ou6rimP.png

1 season and done in San Marino. Next in line, Gibraltar.

vkcoytK.png

On 24/12/2020 at 23:04, Miguel Sanchez said:

Is there any reaction to you getting a job besides raising eyebrows?

It would seem not. I think it's probably fair enough if your club hires some guy from the Sammarinese league.

On 25/12/2020 at 07:00, PB1994 said:

Are you planning on going back to Andorra?

I'll need to at some point, but there were no decent jobs available just there. Not looking forward to it to be honest.

Meet the Team

So, Bala Town. Apparently it's in the bit of Wales where they actually speak Welsh, and they have one Welsh Cup and a load of lower league titles to their name. They have finished in the top 3 a couple of times though, which is nice, and haven't finished outside the top half since the save started.

Anyway, the team upon arrival looks like this...

3 and a half stars in good player for most Cymru Premier sides, 3 is decent for same.

nWMX5MX.png

Walker is a good player, but we've not got much/anything in the way of depth. Will need to find someone to help Walker out.

WugR1fH.png

Not great. Need a right winger and attacking midifleder at the very least.. Keetch is probably ok at left wing, but again not a lot of depth. Swattridge, who would have been my starting right winger, seems to be out on loan for the year, and I can't recall him, which is really annoying.

N8WluY7.png

Again, I have one good player and then need to bring someone in to play beside him. Lots of players who are around the same level behind that, but need something better.

MMCmcpa.png

Probably the strongest area of my team, although I have no idea why I have 8 guys who can play left back in the squad. Would like another right back, but that's behind a few other things on the wishlist.

wOALqua.png

And that's the weakest area. None of these guys are up to it, need a new keeper immediately.

Transfer WIndow 2026

The only player I let leave was Kian Morgan, my fourth choice keeper, so no loss there. I had offers for other guys but chose to keep them as I'm not blessed with depth.

Anyway, the guys coming in...

hMJBRro.png

4 I'm pleased with, and Jamie Whelan who wasn't as good as my scouts thought.

I'll start with him, he's a centre midfielder and will join the long list of 'alright but nothing special' options I have there. He can pass a bit, but hasn't got much else.

Spoiler

9HZtIYi.png

I desperately needed a keeper, so in comes Cameron Griffiths-Norris. He's a big upgrade on what I had, and while he's got some glaring deficiencies, he'll do.

Spoiler

0YBVcbU.png

Next up, my two strikers.  Nathan Brown is pretty good on the ball, and can hit a good freekick, which should get us a few goals this season. He's not the quickest, or the best finisher, but I think he'll do well. Zac Jenkins is a bit quicker, but isn't as good on the ball. I'm hoping his pace will be enough to cause problems though.

Spoiler

u8MW1Zf.png

Spoiler

2kdqKtJ.png

Last up, Denzil Fernandes, who can play on either wing, but I'll have him playing left wing when everyone else is fit. Like Jenkins, he's pretty quick and while  not great technically, the key stats you'd look for in a winger are fine.

Spoiler

Jr4cGAb.png

August 2026

oFHaP3A.png

Out the cup, but that was before any of my new signings arrived. 

Once they started turning up, we looked quite good. Brown has had some start to his Bala career, and we looked pretty comfortable for the most part. Didn't turn up against Nomads, but these things happen and I'm pretty happy overall.

ScE862z.png

It's looking good, although to the surprise of absolutely nobody, TNS have won 4 from 4 and scored 13 in the process. As always in Wales. they're the team to catch.

September 2026

ZD8duZF.png

Another good month, but another one where we had a game that we just didn't turn up at all in. Flint Town are shite, but beat us very comfortably. Will need to cut those sorts of games out because TNS simply don't seem to have them.

Still, 7 wins from 9 league games is a no bad start to my Bala reign. 

dMUq0sp.png

A point behind TNS in 2nd having played a game more. I'm pretty certain this season will be too soon for a proper title challenge, but it's certainly promising.

October 2026

Yzul6UJ.png

A mixed month. 3 good wins, including against Nomads which was unexpected, but we completely fucked it against Colwyn Bay and TNS taught us a bit of a lesson. Got 2 late goals back but the game was well over by then.  We also threw away 3 points against Caernarfon, who had 10 men.

As I said, I don't think we're quite good enough for a title challenge, but we're definitely one of the leagues better sides.

L3grnCh.png

Even if we weren't prone to fucking games up occasionally, what are we meant to do when TNS carry on like that. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

November 2026

l61Y6x0.png

I genuinely despise Barry. I'm not sure why, I think it's their ridiculous name - Barry Town United. Something about that really winds me up. In any case, they absolutely fucking pumped us. Without bothering to check, I think it's the biggest loss of the save.

Failing to take 6 from Caersws and Flint Town is unacceptable, even if we did beat Caersws really comfortably. Not a great month all things considered.

TYu0AuX.png

Down to 4th. The league's over, we're in a fight for 2nd and european football.

March 2027

twISBSi.png

Meh. Mixed - the game against Barry was excellent scenes with two goals in injury time to grab a draw, and we were pretty impressive in parts against Connah's Quay, but we kind of fucked it against Bangor. We now need a favour from someone else if we're going to overtake them for 3rd.

t8yl37z.png

3 games left, but one of them is TNS away, so we've got 6 points still to play for. I've just remembered that there's supposed to be a playoff for the European spots, so 3rd might not matter, but it'd be nice nonetheless.